Dont tell anyone

"Sophia, don't tell anyone that were goin' in the barn." I whispered as me and Carl snuck to the back of the barn.

"Damn."

"What?"

"Locked." I whispered. Carl sighed. I grabbed my crossbow that I always carry around and busted the old padlock and we slowly opened the door.

"Hello? I-is anyone there?" Randall said. Me and Carl stood in front of him.

"What do you want and why are you here?" I asked.

"Wh-what?" I grunted and rolled my eyes, knowing I wouldn't get an answer.

"You're the archer's daughter, aren't you. The one who carried the crossbow? He seems like a nice person, except for when he's angry, then he's a-" I heard the doors of the barn open.

Me and Carl jumped when we saw our dad's and the group standing at the barn doors.

"What the hell are you two doin' in here?!" My dad walked up to me quickly. He grabbed my arm and I flinched and closed my eyes. He remembered that that's how my mom used to grab me and let go.

"You tryin' ta get yourselves killed?!"

"I-I..." Carl started.

"It's my fault. I told him to. Don't punish Carl. It was me. I'm sorry I could of gotten Carl killed, Rick." I sighed. Rick nodded.

"Carl, get In the house." Rick said. He sighed and walked away.

"You can't keep babying me, dad! I had my crossbow incase anything went wrong! Im fourteen, I don't need you yelling at me whenever I do something wrong! Damn y'all." I got out of my fathers grip and ran after Carl. I heard my dad curse under his breath.

Daryl's POV

I walked past the barn. I heard Randall, Carl and Melissa talking. I got Rick and we ran to the barn.

I barged into the barn. I grabbed her arm and she flinched.

Flashback

I opened the front door just as Melissa was being slapped by her mother, Sara.

Sara grabbed a hold of Melissa and tugged on her arm, bringing her closer to her. Melissa was crying, but didn't say anything.

"Let her go, Sara!" I took Melissa away from Sara and stood in front of her. Melissa was sobbing and has her eyes squeezed shut.

"Get outta here! Don't ever touch my daughter again! You got that?!" I yelled.

"Melissa, go on upstairs sweetie." I turned around and was facing her. She nodded and ran upstairs.

"This is the last time I'm gon' ever see you even touch Melissa again!" She smirked.

"Just... Get out! I can't have you hurting Melissa anymore! I'm done! Just get outta here!"

"You piece of shit!" She threw her wedding ring on the floor and left the house. I picked up the ring and chucked it at the wall.

Melissa slowly walked towards me. "I-is she g-gone daddy?" I nodded and she ran up to me and hugged me.

"Daryl?" I was snapped out of my thoughts from Glenn

"What?"

"You wanna go see your daughter or..." I scoffed at him and walked to the house.

"Hey dad... I'm sorry for yelling at you... I just... I don't know why I did it... I didn't mean it." She walked towards me.

"Me too. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that... Or grabbed you like that." She smiled