Today is a good day to die

I opened my eyes. It was bright outside. I stood up.

I heard footsteps walk closer to the bedroom door and I froze. The door opened and I saw Damien walk up to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him.

"You're okay now." He whispered.

"Did you guys kill her?" I croaked. He sighed and didn't answer. I took that as a no.

"Let's head downstairs, okay?" He asked. I nodded and we both walked to the kitchen. The whole group being in one house should feel really crammed, but this is more like a small mansion. It fits all of us and we could have way more people if we need to.

"Melissa..." Rick sighed and hugged me. I hugged back.

"Where's Carl?" I asked. He wasn't there when I woke up this morning.

"Right here." Carl said. I turned around and hugged him. Damien walked off with rick, and the group continued to do their own things.

He hugged back, but not very tight. Just loosely wrapped an arm around me. I let go of him and looked at him. He looked anywhere but in my eyes.

"You okay?" I asked. He sighed and nodded, hurrying off. I shrugged and walked over to Judith, picking her up. She cried and squirmed around. I quickly put her back on the ground. I crouched down to her level, but she looked at me and cried.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked.

"Dad-dy!" She cried. I picked her up, almost dropping her once because of how much she was squirming, and brought her outside to rick.

"She started crying when I walked up to her... She called out for you so I brought her here."I said. He took her in his arms and she continued to cry when she looked at me.

"Okay, thanks." He said. I nodded and walked off, hearing her cries soon stop. I decided to go into the washroom. I looked in the mirror. I do look different. My longer hair, my black eye and I was skinnier. I sighed. I was coated in blood and dirt. I grabbed a water bottle and a washcloth. I poured water on the washcloth and rubbed it on my face. The dirt and blood came off, revealing my very pale face. I'm usually more tan, but I guess a month and a half of behind tortured with no going outside will do that to you. I pulled up my shirt sleeve and looked at my arm. The cuts are faded a bit by now. I sighed and looked at the wall.

I need to stop. I need to stop having feelings. For good this time. I honestly feel nothing anymore. My mind takes me to dark places sometimes. I enjoy killing the walkers, I want my mother dead, I just need to push everyone away. I won't hurt them when I do die. I dropped my arm back to my side and walked out, putting my hair up. I ran into Carl in the hallway. He looked at me, then quickly looked away.

"Sorry." I mumbled as I walked down the hall. I walked over to Kayla. She ignored me, too.

"The hell is wrong with you people?" I asked her.

"What?" She asked. "Oh, I'd ask Carl." She smirked.

"You didn't... Not again..." I pleaded. She shrugged and walked off. I turned around and walked back up the stairs. I opened the door to mine and carls room.

"Please tell me you didn't." I said. He looked up at me.

"What?" He asked, standing up.

"You kissed her... You kissed Kayla, didn't you?" I asked. He looked down. I bit my bottom lip and shut my eyes, sighing.

"I'm sorry, Melissa... It was just sort of a 'you were missing and I needed someone there for me' kinda thing... I'm sorry, Melissa..." He said. I opened my eyes and looked at him.