Trust

"Babe, come here!" I called from the bathroom. I stood by the sink and waited for him to walk in.

"What's wrong?" Carl asked. I had my toothbrush in my hand and my wet hair was up in the messiest bun ever. I had wrapped a towel around me and all I needed to do was brush my teeth, but there was no more toothpaste.

"Do you have any more toothpaste?" I asked. He raised his eyebrows and chuckled, shaking his head.

"Not anymore, you've been using mine for the last two weeks after yours ran out." He said. I frowned and sighed, placing my toothbrush back on the sink. I watched Carl leave the room and I turned around and looked into the mirror. I took my hair out of the bun and fixed it so it looked half decent. From the reflection of the mirror I saw Carl was back into the bathroom, holding something in his hands.

"Mints. Just till our dads get some more toothpaste." Carl said.

"My dads going on a run and he never told me?" I asked. Carl shrugged and I opened up the mint package, popping one into my mouth.

"Carl, come here!" Michonne and Rick called from the next room over. Carl bounced the tennis ball up and down and tossed it to me. I caught it with two hands and tossed it on the bed. I grabbed my clothes, which was just black jeans with one of Carl's flannels.

"Melissa, get in here!" Michonne called. I walked out of the room and wrapped me arm around Carl's waist, poking my head.

"Hello." I smiled, seeing Rick standing in the room. I looked beside us at michonne.

"A little birds told me that a certain Dixon was stashing some mints." Michonne said. She was in a bath robe and had her hair up in a towel.

"Aw, damn. Must be the other Dixon. Sorry." I smirked, shrugging. Michonne put a fake frown on her face and tilted her head.

"Have I ever told you how much I like you?" She asked. I rested my chin on Carl's shoulder, having to stand on my toes to actually get my chin on his shoulder. Rick, Carl, michonne and I have started working out--Rick and Carl and michonne more so than me. It's been a good two and a half months since the incident with Carl, and since then things have been more peaceful than ever. And Carl was more toned and slightly more buff than before, which I like, too.

"Oh, michonne. Flattery won't get you anywhere." I smiled. I felt the vibration of Carl's chuckles coming from his chest and I laughed.

"Yeah yeah. Go get me those mints. And Carl, we gotta change your bandages." Michonne said. Carl nodded and wrapped his arm around me, bringing me close. I rested my head on his chest as he put his chin on my head.

"I'll take Judith for you, Rick." I said. Judith clapped and giggled, playing around with her red solo cups. Rick nodded.

"Thank you, Mel." Rick nodded. I sent him a smile as Carl kissed the top of my head, unwrapping his arms from me and walking back into our room. I walked into the room as Rick kissed Judith's forehead, carefully handing her over to me.

"Be safe today, yeah? Oh, and if you can find anymore cookies--"

"If I find anymore cookies, they're yours, got it." Rick chuckled.

"You know me so well." I joked. I turned around and walked out of the room. Carl and michonne were in the bathroom changing Carl's bandages on his eye. I walked into our room and sat down on the bed with Judith. I placed her in her playpen with all her toys and watched her giggle and squeal happily.

"Melsa!" She waved her arms up and down. I smiled and bent down so I was level with her. She reached out for me but frowned when she couldn't reach me. She yelled out and thrashed around. I stood back up and picked her up.