Why

"What the hell?! You were dead!" I yelled at Shane.

"You see, I wasn't. I was saved by a group- they're all gone now. And now I'm back here." He smirked. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"So where's everyone? Where's Lori?" He asked.

"She's dead, asshole." I crossed my arms.

"Wh-what? How?" He rubbed his head.

"If you didn't bang her-" I started.

"Melissa!" Dad sternly said. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I looked at Shane, who looked about ready to kill me right now, I smirked.

"She died in childbirth." I said, dropping my smirk. He looked at rick.

"Man, I'm- I'm so sorry buddy..." Rick nodded, obviously wanting to drop the subject.

"So, what was that a couple minutes ago when you ran to Carl?" He smirked at me. I glared at him.

"It's called a hug, dumbass." I shifted my weight onto my right foot.

"But why?" He walked up to me. I began to back away with each step he took.

"Guys! Stop!" Beth yelled. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Carl, lemme ask you somethin'" Shane turned around and looked at Carl.

"Why would you date this?" Shane pointed at me. Carls stare became hard and cold. I gasped. Before I knew it, Carl began to run up to Shane. Rick held him back.

"Son." Rick walked in between Carl and Shane.

"No, dad! He's insulting my girlfriend!" Carl continued to glare at Shane.

"Son-" Shane started.

"I'm not your damn son." Carl spat.

"Carl,You don't love her, do you?" Shane chuckled. "I mean, who could love her?" He said. Everyone gasped.

"SHANE!" Carol yelled.

Carl tried to get free of ricks grip, but it was no use.

"Who couldn't love her?" Carl said as more of a statement than a question.

"Everyone-" Shane got cut off by my fist connecting with his face. He looked at me and wiped the blood coming from his lip.

I barely even hit him, it could have hurt him. Damn.

Before I could process what was happening, I felt a strong fist connect with my nose, knocking me to the ground. The pain in my nose brought tears to my eyes, causing my vision to blur. I was able to make out my dad running up to Shane, beating him up (like what happened at the barn, but worse this time), and Carl running up to me. I blinked, causing the tears to fall out of my eyes.

"Melissa, Melissa are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head, taking my hand away from my nose, revealing the blood coming from it. He gasped. I could tell it was taking everything in him not to beat the hell out of Shane.

"It hurts..." I said. He nodded.

"I think your nose is broken, that son of a bitch punched you pretty hard." He clenched his jaw. Kayla ran over, helping Carl help me up. I walked up to my dad and Shane, trying to break them up. I should have done that, because another (accidental this time) punch was sent to my face. I fell back to the ground, in even more pain.

"I thought I told ya not to touch my daughter again!" My dad yelled, getting in Shane's face. Shane sent a punch to dad.

"Dad!" I yelled.