All for what

I walk into Michonne's room, finding her laying out her police uniform out on her bed.

"Hey, Michonne?" I ask. She turns around and looks at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I haven't seen Sasha come out of that tower. I haven't seen her at all lately, Actually." I started.

"And?" She asked, confused.

"And I think I saw her past the walls." I told her. She picked up her gun and we ran outside. We jumped the wall and tried to follow her.

"Your father ever teach you to track?" She asked. I nodded. "Good." She said as we began jogging.

"Wait." I stopped her. I walked over to a walker with a fresh bullet hole in its head.

"She's cleared through here already." She said. I nodded.

"Follow me." I said as we ran, following the bodies of walkers that have bullets in their heads.

We ran for a bit until we saw Sasha shooting at a horde of walkers. I took my gun out and Michonne did the same.

"Sasha!" I yelled quietly. She turned around and sighed. She then looked back at the walkers and began shooting again. We ran up to her and helped her shoot.

"There's too many. We need to go." I said. Sasha chuckled.

"You two have to go. I have to stay." She said, shooting another. I groaned as we shot the final walker.

"What the hell?" Michonne said. I zoned out on their conversation and looked over at a big tree in the distance. I swear I saw something inside it. If it's an animal then I can bring it back.

"I told Noah he would make it! You just don't get it! You don't know!" Sasha yelled. I took my crossbow and held it up as I quietly walked over to the big tree.

I heard hushed voices and my guard immediately went back up. I got to the front of the tree, seeing Carl and Enid inside, their hands so close to touching, and Enid finishing whispering something to Carl.

They both looked at me and I put my crossbow back on my back. I looked at their hands, which were now moved apart from each other, and back up at Carl. I wouldn't be so upset if it wasn't for the fact that Carl said he was helping out his dad today. He lied to me and he's freaking in a tree with Enid, their bodies close.

I looked down at my ring and back up at Carl. I turned around and began to walk away, nobody saying anything.

"Melissa!" I heard Carl yell. I walked backwards to face him. He stopped rushing towards me when he realized I wasn't stopping for him.

I didn't want to say anything and straight up accuse my husband of cheating, but I also didn't say anything because I know he kinda likes her.

I turned back around and walked back to Michonne, who was walking back to Alexandria.

"You alright?" She asked. I looked back at Carl and Enid, then back ahead.

"I'm fine.." I lied. I've been saying that a lot lately. And frankly, I'm not fine.

We got back into the village, and I looked around at all the people.

Smiling faces, people laughing, kids running around and playing, people walking their dogs, elders sitting on their porches together.

I got overwhelmed by the sight and decided to look at the ground.

I remembered the prison. Hershel, Merle, Beth, Lori. I remembered everyone. My birthday, when they had the surprise party for me. I remembered Kayla. Her smile.