Looking for something?

HEY GUYS SO I CHANGED MY USERNAME TO MRSCHANDLERRIGGSS SORRY IF THERES ANY CONFUSION

-----•-----•-----•-----•

It's been a week since I broke up with Carl. I miss him. A lot... But he hurt me, he kissed my best friend. I can't forgive him. Not after this.

Shane was let out of his cell today. I don't trust him. Especially not with Judith.

I walked past the cell that I used to share with Carl. I took everything that belonged to me out of it. Memories flooded into my mind, but I shook them away, walking to my cell. I walked in, looking through my things, trying to find the bracelet that Carl gave me once on a run. I need to get rid of it. I've tried to before, but I couldn't. I'm gonna try today.

"Looking for something?" A voice called from behind me. I jumped, turning around looking at Carl, who was sitting on my bed, holding my bracelet in his hands.

"What are you doing in here, Carl?" I took the thin, silver bracelet from his hands.

"I need to talk to you, and you're gonna listen." He said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, looking at my bracelet.

"Fine. What do you want?" I sat down on the wall across from Carl.

"Melissa, you need to believe me... I didn't kiss her. Please. I... I need you, Melissa." I saw tears start to build up in his eyes.

"When you walked out of our cell, Kayla walked in. I tried to push her away, but she was using all of her weight against me, I love you and only you Melissa. That kiss meant nothing. Please Melissa...please..." He grabbed my hand, but I yanked it back.

"I don't know..." I sighed. I finally worked up enough courage to look at Carl. He had tear stained cheeks, red, puffy eyes, and he looked like he's just lost everything.

"Melissa..." He wiped his tears away.

"I don't think Kayla would ever do that to me, Carl." I sighed, looking back down at the bracelet Carl gave me. My birthday is in a couple of days, and I'm gonna be fifteen, like Carl. I blinked back tears, remembering everything that's happened between the two of us.

"Kayla, leave us alone... Please..." Carls voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at the door of my cell and saw Kayla.

"No, Carl. Melissa, I kissed Carl. It was all me. You know how I like him. I couldn't stand the two of you together. I tried to get rid of you, obviously that didn't work out..." She mumbled the last sentence. My eyes widened.

"How?!" I stood up. "You're my best friend, Kayla! How could you?!" I yelled.

"This world changes people. And, it wasn't very hard not to, I mean, look at him." Kayla said. I clenched my fists, when my dad walked in.

"Kayla, come on. Let's get you in a cell." He grabbed her wrist.

"Why?" She tried to wiggle out of my dad's grip.

"You're a danger." He sighed, putting her in a cell, locking it. "You tried to kill Melissa, who knows what else you would have done." He mumbled before walking away. I turned back and looked at Carl.

"Told ya so..." Carl mumbled. I can't stay mad at him. He looked to the ground and started to nibble on his lip. I smiled.

"Carl, I swear you're three years old." I chuckled. His head shot up.

"Melissa I-" we were interrupted by screams coming from cell block D. I quickly ran out, grabbing my crossbow, the group following close behind.

•-----•-----•-----•

Hey guys sorry for this horrible chapter :((

Well I have a tin of homework to do so byee