He left

"Walkers in block D!" Rick yelled. I began to run faster, when an arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me away from the door.

"What are you-"

"You staying here. I don't know what's going on in there and whatever it is I don't want you near it." My dad said. I sighed.

"Why? I've handled it on my own before, remember when I was alone for days not even knowing what was happening when this started?!" I almost yelled.

"Melissa, not now" my dad put his foot down. I sighed, rolling my eyes as I drop my crossbow on the ground and turn on my heels, waking in the opposite direction, back to my cell.

"Whatever." I mumbled. I heard my dad sigh before running off to cell block D.

"Hey, Kayla..." I slowly walked up to her locked cell. I looked in, seeing that she was asleep. I sighed. I decided to go into my cell and think. I haven't had much time for that lately.

I laid down and shut my eyes, falling asleep.

XxxxxxDREAMxxxxxX

"Melissa, look over there!" Dad whispered to me, pointing across the lake at something. Uncle Merle decided to play along, so he pointed to the same direction as my dad. I turned my head and squinted to try to see what he was pointing at. I turned back around, when I felt myself being lifted in the air. I giggled after a let out I small squeal.

I looked down at my dad who was running towards the direction I was just looking at, then behind him at my uncle Merle who was laughing, and before I could process what happened next, I was being thrown into the lake.

I decided to give my dad and uncle Merle some payback. I smirked underwater.

I popped my head up from the water, pretending to be struggling with swimming. My uncle Merle's and my dad's smile was wiped right off their faces. They began to rush over to the water, when I pretending to fall back underwater.

I heard a splash, indicating that someone is in the water. I smirked at my success. I swam behind him, and quickly jumped into his back.

"Sneak attack!" I yelled. He jumped at first, then swam to shore, while I was laughing by butt off the whole time.

"You scared me, Melissa." My dad sighed. There was a long pause. I knew he was mad at me. I put my head down and stared at my feet.

"Nice one." Uncle Merle said. He looked at me and smirked. I gave him one right back. We call it 'the famous Dixon smirk' mostly because me, dad, and uncle Merle all have the same smirk. We also have the same blue eyes.

(A/N I KNOW I SAID SHE HAD BROWN EYES BEFORE BUT I DECIDED TO MAKE HER HAVE BLUE EYES AND BROWN HAIR IDK KK CONTINUE)

I gave my dad a high five and chuckled.

"Come on, we should head home." My dad said, as uncle Merle got into his truck, and we went Into ours. My smile was wiped clean off my face.

Home means mom, and mom means even more beatings for getting my clothes wet.

When I got home, I was right. Hit after hit after hit, mom yelling harsh things, hurting me. Dad, as always, saved me. This time it was different, though... Because this time,

Mom never came back.

XxxxxEND OF DREAMxxxxxX

I shot up, I felt a tear roll down my face, but I quickly wiped it away. Why am I crying over my mother who made my life a living hell?