One way or another.

Wow! Guysss!!! 32 reads and 7 votes??! Thank you all so much! I never thought this book would get 5 reads, let alone 32! Thank you all for reading my book and I'll try to update at least once every week💕 I also have another book called "before it's too late" y'all should read it😏

Okay back to the story

--------------

"What's happenin'?" I asked, worried. She was just awake. She was talking. Why did she just pass out in the middle of a sentence when she was completely fine?

"She just passed out. She'll be fine in a while." Hershel tried to reassure me, but it didn't work.

"When will she wake up?"

"Not sure. Could be a couple hours, could be a couple days."

"So you're sayin' she could be in a coma right now?!" I paced back and forth.

"Yes.but it's nothing to worry about. She should wake up by tomorrow." Hershel said and walked out of the room. I grabbed Melissa's hand.

I found myself starting to close my eyes. I rested my head on the bed and closed my eyes, still holding Melissa's hand.

---

"Daryl?" I opened my head and put my head up. I looked at the door and saw carol at the door.

"Hm?"

"I brought you some breakfast. How is she?" She asked, looking at Melissa.

"Most likely in a coma for a couple days. She woke up after the transfusion. She was talking. We were having an actual conversation. Then, in the middle of a sentence... She just... Passed out." I sighed. She nodded.

"She's gonna be alright. Come on downstairs with everyone else." She said as she walked downstairs. I nodded and stood up. I walked into the living room and sat down with everyone else.

"How's Carl doin'?" I asked.

"Just resting upstairs. Doing fine." Lori said. I nodded and looked back down at my breakfast.

"How's Melissa?"

I looked up at Lori. "Don't know. She passed out, could be I-" I was interrupted by a scream. Melissa's scream. I shot up and ran upstairs, everyone else following.

"What going on?!" I asked, grabbing Melissa's hand and getting on my knees beside the bed so I was level with her.

Melissa's POV

I woke up screaming. The pain in my side was unbearable. I saw my dad run in and grab my hand and falling to his knees so he was level with me.

"What's going on?!" He yelled over my screams.

"She just woke up. I'll give her some painkillers and she should be fine." Hershel said. "Patricia, go get me some painkillers from my bag." Patricia nodded and ran out of the room. I stopped screaming and I was just crying and squeezing my dad's hand.

"Maggie, go get a glass of water for Melissa." Maggie nodded and ran downstairs. Patricia came back into the room. Maggie ran up soon after. Hershel gave me the painkillers and the pain stopped soon after.

"We'll, she's awake and alert, the bleeding from the gunshot is under control and she seems fine." I slowly sat up. I stood up slowly with help from my dad.