Its not your fault

As we walked through the gates of Alexandria, Carl grabbed my hand. I looked at him.

"Maybe this is finally home again." I smiled. He smiled and nodded.

"Maybe."

"Okay, before you guys enter, we need you to hand over all of your weapons. You can come get them whenever you're going beyond the gates but unless you're leaving the premises, you keep them here." A man said. We all hesitantly put our weapons on a metal tray. A woman took the tray away.

We heard a can fall over, and dad shot the opossum with an arrow.

"Brought dinner." He said.

"That's okay." The man said. We entered the gates. This place was amazing. People were smiling, there were houses, people were talking on their porches.

We were all given houses near each other. Of course, I have a house with my dad, right beside rick and carls.

I knocked on the door of rick and carls house, because everyone's gonna be staying there for a while. Rick opened the door. I had to take a double take because I barely recognized him. He had his beard shaven off and a haircut. Like back at the CDC.

"Wow." I said. I sighed.

"Yea, thanks, come in." He said quickly.

"What, getting lots of compliments?" I asked,

"Too many." He chuckled, I shrugged and laughed. Dad was on our porch, doing whatever it is he decided to do.

"Carl, this place is huge." I said, walking over to him. "I've never had a house like this before." I said, looking at the marble countertops.

"It's like a mansion." He chuckled. I looked over at him. He was looking at the shelves by the TV. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him and hugged him.

"I love you so much." He whispered.

"I love you, Carl," I said into his shoulder. I looked up at him and he was already looking at me, smiling.

"What?" I asked.

"You're beautiful, Melissa." He said. I blushed. He chuckled and kissed me.

"Let's go check-" we were interrupted my a loud noise coming from upstairs. We looked at each other and ran up the steps.

We approached a plain white door. Carl put a hand on the doorknob and quickly opened it,

"Empty." I said. We looked around the small, attic-like room. It had colouring pencils, books, posters. But nobody was in it.

"Let's head to the others." He said. I nodded as he grabbed my hand, leading me down the steps.

"Rosalyn!" I shouted. She turned around and smiled.

"Hey." She said.

"What do you think of this place?" I asked.

"This place looks amazing." She said looking around. Her British accent was strong.
(A/N- i forgot to mention this but Rosalyn is from London)

"Yea, but so did terminus. And Woodbury." Damien said. I sighed.

"Well we just shouldn't do anything bad and we will be good, right?" I said. They nodded.

"Anyone wanna go explore?" Rick asked. Everyone nodded and stood up. Carl walked up to me and rested his chin on my head.

"It feels weird actually being in a clean house." He said. I laughed and turned around, resting my head on his shoulder.