Oh no

I stared at the girl in front of me. This can't be real. My best friend can't be here right now.

"Melissa..." She choked out. We ran up to each other and engulfed each other in a bear hug. I'm not gonna lie; we cried. A lot.

"Y-you were dead! I thought you were dead!" I sobbed.

"I thought you were dead!" She cried. "When I went to your house, there was a note, say-saying you went to the military base. It was overrun. I didn't-I didn't think you made it." She cried.

"I missed you so much." I whispered.

"I missed you more." She chuckled through tears.

"Umm... So I'm guessing you two know each other..?" Glenn asked, clueless. I pulled out from the hug and wiped away my tears.

"No," I wiped a tear away. "I've never met this girl before." I gave Glenn an 'are you kidding me' look and he nodded.

"Hey, Daryl." Kayla waved.

"Hey, kiddo."

"Rick, she has to stay, please..." I begged.

"Just let me take her inside and ask her the three questions." He said. We nodded and she walked with rick into the prison. I ran to Carl and hugged him.

"She's alive... She's actually alive, Carl!" I laughed.

"Told you not to give up."

"You never told me that!" I chuckled.

"Well I was thinking it." I playfully hit his shoulder.

"Smartass" we laughed. Kayla and rick walked out. I ran up to her.

"Are you staying?!"

"Yea!" I hugged her.

"Wait... What happened to..."

"My mom was bit..." She took a deep breath. "And my dad ki-killed himself."

"I'm so sorry, Kay." She broke the hug.

"It's fine." She wiped the tears away.

"Here, let's get Kayla a cell then introduce her to everyone." Rick said. I nodded as I walked into the prison with everyone.

........

"Guys, this is Kayla, she is now a part of our group. Kayla, this is..." I said everyone's names.

"Okay, guys. It's getting late. Time to turn in for the night." Daryl looked at all of us kids. Some sighed, while some just walked to their cells. I hugged Kayla and said goodnight to everyone while I walked to mine and carls cell.

"Okay, I'm not even the slightest bit tired... Are you-" I turned around and saw Carl lying on the bed with his face buried in the pillow.

"No," he yawned. "No I'm not tired either."

"Yea you are, Carl. Go to sleep, I'll just talk to Kayla." I began to walk out of the cell when a pair of arms wrapped around me.

"But I want you in here with me." He mumbled. I turn around and saw Carl on his side, looking at me with his arms around my waist. I smiled as he pulled me onto the bed beside him. I cuddled into him as he kissed my head.

"Do you know what love is? Are we too young to be understanding all this stuff..?" I mumbled into carls shirt.

"Love... Love is caring about someone to the point where you care more about them than you care about yourself. Love is going the extra mile to do something for somebody you want to spend the rest of your life with. Love is... Love. We're old enough to know who we care about and want to spend the rest of our lives with. I know I do." He looked at me. I blushed.

"You're blushing!" He smirked.

"Well, duh!" I laughed. I kissed his soft lips.

Kayla's POV

(Before she got to the prison)

"Please! Help us!" The screams never seemed to end. Train cart after train cart, each one full of people. I knew this was going on for a while, since they took my cousin. I had just managed to escape them before they caught me. They had us tied up and beat us. They do this to everyone before they throw them into train carts, to torture them even more... Then eat them.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I screamed. I'm new here, and I accidentally walked into a random room, they were killing people, cutting them up, and eventually, they would feed us them.

"It's to survive." Garrett said before tying my hands together and knocking me out.

I woke up in a small room. My cousin was there too. Apparently she was 'a threat to them.'

I smell bullshit.

...

I escaped before they got me, but my cousin never made it out. I don't feel bad. I was gonna kill her myself, anyways.

I ran and ran until I found a prison. They let me in. I found Melissa. They took me inside and introduced me to everyone.

(Present time)

After Melissa introduced me to everyone, I couldn't take my eyes off of Carl. His ocean blue, sparkling eyes, his long, brown hair, his smile. He's really cute.

"Time for bed." I heard Daryl say. I walked towards my cell, but was stopped by Melissa hugging me. I said goodnight, and watched her walk into carls cell.

"Weird..." I said to myself. I walked into my cell, but I couldn't sleep.

I decided to go talk to Carl. I really think he's cute, and I wanna get to know him.

"You're blushing!" I heard Carl say.

"Well, duh!" Melissa said. I raised an eyebrow and walked into the cell. I saw them kiss. My heart dropped.

"Um..." I walked out of the cell to mine. What am I gonna do? I really like Carl, but he may or may not be dating my best friend... Oh no...

--------

Hey walkerbait!

Sorry about this crappy chapter, I'm having huge writers block.

Buuuuuut, how do you feel about Kayla? What should I do with her?

(Shameless self promo) Also follow my Instagram @ chandler.twd.riggs because I really want to get more than 200 followers😭 #thestruggleisreal

Byeee