Chapter 20- A doll's life

As my cute sister was grabbed by princess Bitch.... sorry... Princess Odette and her brother Prince Francis, to go see the Royal Princess Garden, I stayed on my table watching them leave.
Seeing that their master was stepping out, the servants too disappeared, no one would like to face an angry Moon prince.

When all of those troublesome people disappeared, I realized it was time to go and wait in the carriage, as it would be a smaller probability of falling under the princess schemes. And it would be less hot, for sure.

"Are you alright, lady Lucreatia?" asked a worried Cedric, his scarlet eyes shining in the sunlight.

At his worry, my first reaction was to scoff, but I controlled it. I still had some patience, though it was wearing thin at the moment.

"Yes your Royal Highness, thank you for concerned. Now if you excuse me, I will go wait by the carriage for my sister." My tone was as calm as I could muster, though I was sure it sounded robotic.

For a quiet moment, prince Cedric said nothing and had no emotion, except his eyes which had a hint of sadness. But I cared zero for that and I took that time to leave the table and check which path would lead me to the carriage the fastest.

Out of nowhere blue energy surrounded me and space around, shocked I looked frantically everywhere, only to see Cedric grabbing a big sapphire stone that shone brightly, almost blinding me for a moment. When it stopped and the blue energy no longer could be seen, Cedric talked. I just listened, shocked overseeing magic for the first time.

"Why are you so cold to me Lady Lucreatia? Did the Duke punish you severely?" Seeing that I didn't answer his stupid question he pushed forward the bluestone. "Don't worry, what we say under the protection of this sapphire will stay between the three of us." He gestured to me and Wolff, who had been quiet till now, yet I could see he had an annoyed expression. "So did the Duke punish you?"

I couldn't believe the nerve. THE NERVE! Of this wannabe child genius, who had tricked me into helping them for shit I had not even the minimal clue... and now he was asking why I was so cold? The little patience I had flown off without looking back.

"No, your magnanimous majesty. I cannot thank you enough for your big concern with such an undeserving person like myself." My sarcastic tone was not lost on them, which shocked them slightly. Cedric recovered, fast enough, though Wolff grew increasingly annoyed.

"If you were not punished why do you talk to me like that?" He was indeed curious and clueless, which made me furious. "From what I heard you are the favorite daughter of the Duke. The most loved one..." his remark was more for himself, a way to sort his thoughts.

The problem was that remark made me lose my sanity... Now I had no patience and zero self-preservation, which translated into laughing maniacally.

"Of course I wasn't punished severely. One cannot hurt its doll or it may ruin her image." My laugh and my comment made both boys uncomfortable.

"What do you mean by that?" Asked Cedric after his initial shock passed. Tired of all and regaining some sanity I turn away from them.

"What does your majesty want with me?" I asked, wanting to finish this as fast as possible before I turned rabid with anger.

"Wolff please bring it here." I heard the solemn voice of Cedric, no hint of anger on him, which greatly surprised me.

Curious I turned to see Wolff with the most beautiful ornated box I had ever seen. Full of sapphires and rubies, which made the box look heavy.
The wolfy aide opened the box to show me the pair of shoes I had left behind on that horrendous day.

When I got closer, I realized something. They prepared it, they knew I was coming to this shit tea thing. And as this realization comes in, my anger returned and my poor sanity left the building (again).

"So you knew..." I began, as the pieces started to fall in place. How stupid was I... "Did you need me again to cause a distraction? Wasn't enough the other day? Or that day was just a test?"

They were up to something I was sure. Not that I cared what, since I could care less about princess Bitch but I cared very much about myself. And I didn't want to be in the middle of their schemes. My life would turn shorter. Way shorter.

As their silence grew and their faces paled, I knew I was correct. At least on something. Oh... my anger...

"I hope it was worth it." I spat it out and turned again to leave. They could have those shoes and didn't care, I just wanted to leave these people behind.

"Please Lady Lucreatia, let me explain." Started Cedric in a cute pleading voice. I turned and saw the cutest face with the most miserable-looking eyes. My anger was beginning to fly away as well (meeting my sanity along the way).

"Your majesty!" Warned Wolff, the always loyal aide.

"It is true that we have chosen you specifically to come with us to see the market, but it was only because we were told you were unlikely to get punished by the Duke since he loved you so much." Cedric's eyes were even more pleading and miserable than before and I wanted to get angrier, yet I couldn't (damn you writer! Was it hard to make him less cute?!)

I wasn't angry but I was sad. Sad for the real Lulu, who probably would have been used by this mini cunt and still would have fallen in love with him. She would have been tricked into thinking that they cared when no one else did. And after all the pain she had to endure, this false hope of true care was nothing more than poison. So I was sad, it was stupid to be, as I was Lulu now. But sadness grew in my heart anyway.

"The Duke's love is a dangerous thing..." I said with a sad laugh... again they turned silent and uncomfortable.

I turn to leave, watching the blue energy flickering as I get further away from Cedric and Wolff. Before the flickering ended and I got out of their sight, I stopped, still without looking at them.

"Please avoid using princess Odette as your foil to get to me... As I am sure you have noticed, her royal highness has not so favorable opinion of me." With that, I left and I sensed something breaking.

I regained my calmness and my sanity along the way out of the garden, yet my sadness still lingered. My anger soon overpowered it, taking a full seat on my mad head.

What a fucking shit hole was this tea thing... they all rotten people!!! I will never come again!!!

I promised myself, leaving a sad prince and worried aide back at a garden.

What a big fight! What did you think about the chapter?

Tell me about it!

-//---------------------------

In case you like my stories and would like to support me, now you can buy me a coffee!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/andreascribe

Thanks!!!