Chapter 29- Meeting again

Both of us looked in shock at each other, at loss over this unexpected meeting.

The shock was enough to render the prince silent until a familiar face came to his side. Wolff, his trusted aide, didn't seem surprised, but also didn't seem happy to see me either.

"What are you doing here, Miss Lucreatia?" Asked Cedric, now recovered from his initial surprise.

Dumbfounded by the stupid question, I took a long breath to calm my nerves and my will to answer him with a quick. 

"Well, this is a boutique that sells clothes to women and girls. I am a girl... maybe buying clothes? More surprising is finding, a boy..." he scoffed at the boy part, which was typical of  "a boy". "... and prince, who should be heavily guarded at the palace and not in the place where they sell women's garments and panties." I point at the undergarments that laid beside him, which made him jump away to a different side. The small blush that I detected on him, made him cuter, which in turn made me smile.

He didn't seem pleased about it. 

What he didn't see was that Wolff smiled too, but was quick to hide when Cedric gave him a glance. Oh, they had an interesting relationship.

Their continued silence raised suspicions. Were they stalking me? Not likely... But if not, why would they be here of all the places? Even if they were doing some shady business, it was too coincidental.

Fanny's words came to mind:

"It is the best in the capital! And your favorite Miss Jennifer!"

That explained in some way why they were here. This place was probably used for Jenni's and Cedric's clandestine encounters when they were older. I had never read about it, but then not much was said about their meetings and may have been overlooked.

Their silence perpetuated for a long moment, and I was getting tired of it.

"So what is a prince, who supposedly needed to escape the palace with me in order to avoid punishment,  at a women's boutique without a care in the world? Did you come with another lady?" I sounded way too cheeky to be talking with royalty but then again they were the ones caught doing something they shouldn't.

Prince Cedric looked at me with his unusual eyes, blinding me with intensity before sighing loudly.

"Some people who work here can deliver my letters to my friends at the Moon Empire." He said, taking out some letters from his dark jacket.

"We shouldn't disclose this to outsiders, your majesty." Remarked Wolff in a low voice while he gave me a warning sign.

"I trust Lady Lucreatia." Refuted Cedric giving a glance back at Wolff and then at me. "Besides we already been caught." He gave me a hopeful smile, which I found hard to refute.

"I thought you were allowed to send letters through the palace." I pondered for a moment at their words, going in circles over the room.

The boys looked at each other, before glancing back at me with a dark expression.

"Of course we are allowed, but we don't trust the palace. It is filled with people of The Temple." Said Cedric with venom, as he secured the letters back in his jacket. 

The accusations and the tone of his voice caught me by surprise. I hadn't expected the animosity between the Empires to be so bad at this stage in the book. From what I recalled, the war came way later.

"Then why not use magic to conceal your words?" I questioned, as I continued to walk, thinking of the implications of Cedric's past words transmitted.

Cedric laughed, which made me stop to look at him. Wolff too became shocked at his behavior.

"Indeed that would have been a great idea, if not for a small fact... We are way too close to the main temple, where the holy magic is strong. Any magic we perform will have minimal effect and should only be used when needed." Again Prince Cedric became serious, pumping up the intensity of his stare with his dazzling eyes. 

(He really is the main character, if he can pull that intensity from this young age...)

His words got me thinking... if what he said was right then why would he use it last time we met? Was it important to clarify with me about the palace escapade? Could he have been feeling guilty?

Before my mind could wander more on this, we heard a sound coming from the main door.

A familiar and unsuspecting voice came in full force through the boutique. The guys were prepared to attack but I blocked their view with my back, hoping to block the view of the owner of the voice as well.

"My Lady, have you found the brooch?" Asked Fanny without a care in the world, looking around for some light. "You were taking so long I decided to come to help you." She was coming close, way too close. But if I moved she would see them and there would be chaos. I just hoped it was too dark for her to notice. "Why is it so dark in here? My Lad..." her face paled and her voice failed.

Yeah. She saw it.

Before I could do anything or say any word, Fanny passed out cold, on the ground.

Oh, Goddess.

Poor Fanny!! To think she would pass out! What do you think is going to happen?

Fun Fact: I enjoyed writing the next chapter a lot. So expect some funny bits!!

-//---------------------------

In case you like my stories and would like to support me, now you can buy me a coffee!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/andreascribe

Thanks!!!