76

-

"Yeah, soulmates. I sure am lucky that you're mine. I love you, Y/n." was all James said before he leaned in to kiss Y/n again.

-

It was time for Y/n, James, and Harry to go. The Secret Keeper charm had been performed on Peter, and everything had been in place.

The Potter family was going to Godric's Hollow, a hidden residency where they would surely not be found in.

Y/n and James were very disappointed about leaving their home, but they didn't think too much of it since they were just going to be gone for a little while. They packed heavily just incase their stay would be longer than expected, but no emotional baggage was carried about leaving the house as they knew they would return very soon.

-

When the family arrived to Godric's Hollow, things felt awfully... empty. Well, that was how they felt at first. It was not difficult for the Potters to make a house feel like a home. But this time, Y/n and James took a longer period of time to warm up to the area. Perhaps this was because of the negative undertones associated with why they were coming here in the first place?

Harry seemed happy all this time. He always felt like the light in James and Y/n's day, especially during a dark time like this one. If only Harry knew just how much his parents loved and adored him.

Y/n and James were endlessly excited to raise him and send him to Hogwarts, to watch him grow up. To see him get married, and have a family of his own. Just this thought brought endless joy to Y/n and James. If anything, this thought was the light at the end of the tunnel for the couple.

They were hanging on and trying to be as strong as possible during this time, just so they could see Harry grow and become a wonderful man.

And although James kept bragging about how close him and Harry would be, Y/n knew he was right. She knew right from the beginning that James would be not only a wonderful father, but a great friend and role model to young Harry.

The couple was just so excited to see their son grow up, but they knew they would miss the baby Harry that they had now.

This was a very distant dream at the moment, though, as the family was at Godric's Hollow and things were just simply not the best at the time.

-

Underneath all of the reassurance, James and Y/n were truly not fine. They were convincing themselves and each other that everything was okay, but that wasn't the case and they both knew that.

The anxious and dreadful feeling was deep down, though. It was almost lingering. As if, James and Y/n knew it was there, but they were simply too nervous to say or do anything about it.

Although the two had talked about this situation an awful lot, and reassured each other to the best of their ability; this kind of situation was just not the kind that could be fixed with words.

This was serious. Despite the fact that James and Y/n had wished this wasn't true, it sadly was.

It just all felt like a nightmare. A nightmare that was real, and a nightmare that wasn't going to end anytime soon. 

-

"Oh my goodness... I can't believe this!" exclaimed Remus when Sirius told him the entire situation going on with James and Y/n. 

The two were currently together, and they were doing pretty well. But considering the fact that Y/n and James were basically family to them, this news was nothing short of terrifying. 

"I know. It's just so upsetting. It's so, unfair." Sirius responded. He was trying not to get emotional, he was just trying to convince himself that everything would be fine. Hopefully. 

Remus was silent for a few minutes. He was just thinking of, well, everything. Why was this happening? Why Y/n and James? What about Harry? Would everything be alright? Remus just had so many questions. But, he stayed quiet because he knew that verbally worrying about the situation would not make things any better.

But, Remus was Remus, and he just had to say something.

"Sirius, I have a really bad feeling about all of this." he muttered, making eye contact with Sirius.

Sirius nodded his head sideways in disbelief. "No, Remus. We need to try and stay positive, for our own well being, and for James and Y/n." he responded, although deep down he truly did agree with Remus. And as much as he wanted to, he just couldn't bring himself to say that he felt the same way, too. 

Because the fact was, no matter what was said or what was done, this situation was just one that was a matter of time.

It was only time that would be able to tell whether this would have a happy ending... or something else. 

And perhaps that was where most of the fear came from. Y/n and James felt like they were waiting to see what would happen... except the wait felt endless and they weren't quite sure about what it was they were waiting for.

 All that was keeping Y/n and James going, was the fact that whatever happened was going to be just for the better. 

--

I AM SO SORRY for taking such a long time to upload! and i want to thank you all sooooo much for your kind patience :) it is so appreciated!

and i truly hope you like the chapter :D

also: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 350K READS THIS IS CRAZYYYY I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU ARE SOOOO APPRECIATED AND JUST THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY LIL STORY!!

and with that, i will see u in the next chapter which is hopefully SOON! <3 

- z