72

-

"Thanks, you two. I'll see you soon." James kindly said, not getting up as so he wouldn't wake up Y/n.

Before he even realized, James was asleep as well.

-  

It was a beautiful morning for Y/n and James. The sun was shining outdoors, and the autumn weather was at its best. Harry was growing every day, and with that, he became more and more attached to his parents.

James was making breakfast for Y/n as she cradled Harry. The couple was in the kitchen, enjoying the bright sun that was shining through the windows. James and Y/n were having a simple conversation. They were all at such peace.

This was all that Y/n and James wanted. A family. And that's exactly what they had now. No words could even begin to describe how happy the two of them were. If only things could be this way forever. 

"...and THAT'S why I think Harry will be the coolest kid at school." James joked to Y/n, after a long, long, statement that he had made. 

Y/n shrugged. "If you say so, James." She smiled. As she looked out the window, she saw something approaching their home. 

"Of course, N/n! He'll be known as the kid with the coolest dad! Everyone will wanna meet him." James continued, but looked out the window when he realized that Y/n was looking out there too.

Y/n squinted her eyes, to try to figure out what was approaching the house. 

 "Oh, an owl! I wonder who wrote to us." she said, relieved that it was just an owl. But, Y/n still had a bad feeling about it.

Y/n still had Harry in her arms, so James took the letter from the owl once it patiently began to wait on their windowsill. 

Y/n curiously glared at the neat envelope as James read it. 

"Huh.. it's from Dumbledore! He probably wanted to say hi and ask how we're doing, N/n!" he exclaimed.

-  l a t e r  . . .  - 

"James.. I can't believe this! I- why us?"  Y/n exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around James and rested her head on his shoulder. She felt hopeless.

James, too, was extremely shocked and terrified. He didn't even know how to comfort Y/n. He didn't know what to do, what to say, anything. James, for once, was at a loss for words. 

"Y/n... we'll be fine. You know this. It's just that... sometimes we need to take some precautions just so nothing bad happens to us. I mean, who even is this Voldemort guy?! He'll be a nobody before you know it. Don't worry, dear. We'll be fine." James tried his best to say something to help Y/n. He was just as upset as she was right now... but seeing her this sad was just a whole new type of pain. 

Usually, after James said something like this, Y/n would smile and give James a kiss. But this time, things were different. Y/n was not feeling better after what he said. Well, yes, of course a little bit, but this situation was just too much to handle. A few gentle words was just not enough.

"I love you so much James. Nothing will ever tear us apart. I promise." Y/n calmed down, and said while looking James eye-to-eye. 

This was when James realized he needed to hear something comforting just as much as Y/n did. Usually nothing would shake James up this bad.. but this time, it was just different. Good thing Y/n didn't know just how scared he was. Or so he thought.

"James, I know how terrified you are. I am too. But you need to remember.. we'll be fine.. and-" Y/n sniffled due to how much she was crying. "And that we will always be there for each other, and-" Y/n couldn't continue.

The two were wrapped in an embrace, both of them trying to stay strong for each other.

-  l a t e r . . .  -

"Sirius. We need to ask you something... incredibly important." Y/n said, giving Sirius a very straight-forward look. Now was not the time for Sirius to drop any jokes.

"Yeah, sure, anything! What's wrong?" Sirius responded. He already realized that this was not going to be something easy to answer, simply judging by the fact that Remus was not there next to him, the Potters had only invited Sirius. 

"We need you to be our Secret Keeper. Sirius, this is so important and that's why we're asking you. It's pretty much a matter of life or death." James explained, looking Sirius right in the eye. Sirius' expression immediately shifted from confusion, to shock.

"What?!"  Sirius shouted, his eyes widening and his mouth dropping open. Y/n and James glanced at each other. 

Sirius was simply bewildered. So, Y/n took the liberty of explaining things.

"Months ago.. when I was pregnant with Harry, Dumbledore contacted us telling us that we were in danger. We disregarded it... thinking that Dumbledore was just overreacting. But, recently he contacted us again. This time, more urgently. James and I need to go into hiding. Voldemort is after us. " was all Y/n said. She was trying her best to hold in tears, she had to stop talking. 

"Sirius, you're the only one who we trust enough. We're using the Fidelus Charm to keep our hiding spot unknown... and we need you to be our Secret Keeper." James continued for Y/n. At this point, she was quietly weeping.

"What- you guys! I- I really don't know what to say..." Sirius began, took a deep breath, tried to comprehend everything that he was just told, and continued. "Why were you guys in danger in the first place?"

"A long time ago, Voldemort wanted us to become 'Death Eaters'. Those are what he calls his followers, I guess. Obviously, James and I denied the offer. Dumbledore had warned us about this.. he had told us to go into hiding earlier.. but we didn't listen. It's not too late yet, but, well, it will be if we don't leave now." Y/n explained after wiping her tears. 

She sighed. She couldn't believe what was going on. Her whole life had flipped upside down within this one day. It's not like she didn't see it coming. It's not like she was completely oblivious to the fact that this was something to worry about. But... she thought it would be something to worry about later in the future. Not now, right as her life was getting right where she wanted it to be. 

"You guys... of course. If anything, I'm honoured that you even asked. But, I'm just so sorry! I can't believe this. I know you two will be fine... I know you two are strong, but just this whole situation is so unnecessary!" Sirius finally responded after getting his thoughts together, and Y/n and James nodded. Sirius continued.

"Nevertheless.. I will always be here to help you guys with anything. Anything. But... I don't think I would be the greatest option for Secret Keeper. Hear me out..."

- T O     B E    C O N T I N U E D  - 

--

hey guys!! sorry for not uploading sooner!! and SORRY FOR THE WAY THIS CHAPTER ENDED HEH REAL HARRY POTTER FANS KNOW WHAT SIRIUS IS ABOUT TO ASK!!!

okay so i really took a different turn with this chapter, this is a part of the story where i really need to follow the backstory of the harry potter series. obviously i'm not going to go *right by the book*, but i just don't want things to be confusing, so this is how the chapters might look like for a bit! 

i really hope you liked this chapter, i know i did! please let me know how you feel in the comments, leave some feedback, or predictions... or something!!! i read all of them and i'd love to reply to what you want to say : )

anyways, as i've said, school is pretty time-consuming, so please forgive me if some chapters are late. i'll try to stay on track, though : )

thank you sooooo much for reading this story, i appreciate it more than you know! and i promise the next chapter will be out soon. can't leave ya on a cliffhanger like this!

see you! 

- z