67

-

"Y/n, you know them. They will be okay." James remarked with a kind smile. Of course part of him was a little bit worried about Remus and Sirius. Every other part of him, though, was filled with anxiety and excitement over the fact that he was about to have a baby with Y/n!

-

Remus was now driving to the apartment that him and Sirius lived in together. It was about time to apologize to Sirius. But, Remus was worried about two things in particular. One, not finding Sirius at the apartment, and two, his apology being too late.

If Remus didn't find Sirius at the apartment, it wouldn't be a horrible thing as Sirius had many 'favourite' spots such as cafés and parks that he would most likely be found at.

Remus opened the door to the small apartment. Quietly, he walked in and glanced into every room of the small flat. Sirius was nowhere to be found. 

Remus sat down on the floor against a wall, and put his hands over his head in stress. No. He couldn't keep pitying himself like this. Remus stood back up and was about to leave the apartment to go find Sirius and apologize, but then the front door opened.

It was Sirius.

There they were, Remus and Sirius, after having a horrible fight, standing face-to-face in their own home. Sirius didn't try to walk away. He didn't yell or scream or give a mean look to Remus. All he did was look at Remus with pure hurt in his eyes, but an otherwise blank expression.

Remus was absolutely broken from the look on the face in front of him, but he had no time to be upset over it. He had to apologize, or else he would lose Sirius. The thought of losing him made him sick-- he tried not to ever think of it.

"Sirius- I'm so sorry. I- I really messed up and I was wrong. I can't stand the thought of hurting you, but here we are. I love you, Sirius. I'm so sorry and I- I don't know what to say. Please forgive me." Remus stuttered, which was odd, as he nearly never stuttered.

Surprisingly, Sirius listened to the apology. That was a very good start. But somehow, that look of sadness still lingered on his face. He was silent. Remus didn't know what Sirius was thinking. Was he going to say something? Storm out of the apartment? Explode at Remus? The thoughts were swirling around in his head. 

Remus's frantic thoughts were interrupted by a voice. Sirius's voice. 

"Remus, there is nothing to say to you. You hurt me, and that's all there is to it. I truly appreciate your apology, but I know that I'm going to need some time." was all he said. A cold, unforgiving tone. 

Remus almost felt his heart shatter, because he had never heard Sirius speak like that. To anyone, ever. Sirius trusted him more than anyone. He had told him about all of his secrets, his tough childhood, they were always together at Hogwarts, everything. And then Remus had the audacity to throw all of that away.

Why, Sirius had more than the right to need some time. If it were anyone else, Remus's apology wouldn't even be listened to. But this is Sirius we're talking about. The Sirius who fell in love with Remus, whether he liked it or not. He simply didn't have the heart to leave Remus, as it would hurt him just as much as it would hurt Remus.

Remus looked at Sirius, trying his best to keep his emotions together. He had wanted to beg Sirius to stay. He wanted to hold on to him and never let go. He wanted to tell him 'don't leave, please'. But he couldn't. Remus had messed up, and there was nothing left to do but face the consequences.

He was at a loss for words. 

"... Thank you for understanding, Sirius. And- and once again, I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve this." This was the only phrase that Remus could manage to bring out. Ideally, he would be saying "Sirius! We can talk this through! Stay here with me, we'll get over it,". Sirius would never agree to such a thing at this time, so Remus had to keep it in his head.

Sirius only nodded, and before he knew it, was on his way. Where? He didn't quite know. But he needed to clear his mind, one way or another.

-

 Sirius had decided to visit James and Y/n at the hospital. Even though he was expecting them to be exhausted and grumpy from the long stay at the hospital, they were his best friends, and he had to see them during this special time. 

But Sirius was greeted with quite the surprise when he entered the hospital room. James and Y/n were... fine? They weren't tired or bored, they were quite literally the opposite. They were both so excited to be parents, and it just seemed like the positivity was getting the best of them.

"Hey, guys!" exclaimed Sirius, with no tension now that he realized his friends were in a great mood. 

"Padfoot!" James and Y/n shouted with enthusiasm, almost in unison. "Come here!" James exclaimed as he walked over to Sirius to pull him into a hug. "How are you, Sirius?" Y/n asked, keeping in mind what Remus had told them earlier.

Sirius and James pulled away. "Oh, well, you know." he muttered, completely ignoring the question. "How are you, and how is little... did you guys decide on a name for the baby yet?" he asked Y/n. 

Y/n shrugged. "You know, sort of. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, although we both kind of want a boy." She was interrupted by James. "But any gender is fine!" he exclaimed goofily. Y/n rolled her eyes and continued. "If it's a boy, we were thinking.. maybe Harry. I don't know. Something about that name just feels right. And if it's a girl, James and I have talked about potential names, but I really can't agree on one." she finished, and yawned. It had been a long day for poor Y/n.

Sirius smiled. "I'm so endlessly happy for you two. You have no idea. Uncle Sirius with little baby Harry. Oh boy, a new addition to the Marauders. I can't wait." he said, and the couple beamed. Nobody even noticed the small tears of happiness coming from James, luckily.

"Aw man, we love you." was all Y/n responded with, but she said it in a very kind tone. She meant it. "How are you and Remus holding up?" she asked, hoping for a positive answer.

Sirius sat down in one of the visitor chairs in the hospital rooms. "Well..."

--

hii i think this is a cute chapter I really hope you guys like it!!

leave comments, i lovee reading them and i'll try to respond to all of them!!

see you soon <3

- z