10

Year Three

It was the middle of the day, and Y/n walked down to Transfiguration with her Marauder friends. The 5 of them were actually in the middle of an argument once they had arrived to the classroom; why Y/n was a doe in animal form. Sirius said something about it being 'true love for James' but Y/n just lightly hit him and laughed it off. Apparently Peter also agreed with Sirius, and Y/n felt defeated. Remus said it was partly because James was a stag and partly because a doe just matched Y/n nicely. James had said it was all just a coincidence, that none of it mattered. That was the answer Y/n was agreeing with.

The majority of Transfiguration was spent with Y/n and Sirius making paper airplanes and throwing them at random students ("Week's detention, Black and L/n." was young McGonogall's reaction to it all), although Y/n was still going for a good grade. She was the top of most of her classes, despite her fooling around in class. Peter was actually doing work unlike the other four, Remus was talking with Sirius and Y/n, occasionally helping with the paper airplanes. And James, he was busy drooling over some redhead girl. Y/n didn't notice, though. Neither did Peter, Remus or Sirius.

After Transfiguration was Quidditch. Y/n was on the Quidditch team as Seeker, (after tons and tons of practice, she became very good at Quidditch.), James being Chaser and Sirius being Beater. Y/n put on her equipment, grabbed her broomstick, and head out to the field. The balls were released, and Y/n blasted full-speed into the air. James on the other hand, seemed to be distracted by something in the crowd. "Gryffindor 10 points, Slytherin 0!" the commentator reported rather loudly. Y/n hovered for a while, until she saw the all too familiar golden sphere in the air. She flew towards it fast, but not fast enough to get the other Slytherin Seeker's attention. Y/n also nearly crashed into James head first, since he was pretty drowsy. Now that Y/n thought of it, the Marauders did get a rather sleepy start to the day.

Y/n noticed the Slytherin Seeker gaining speed; they had seen the Snitch. Y/n now sped up as much as she could, and stuck her arm out. The Snitch was barely a couple of feet away from her, and she wasn't planning to give up. The noises of overjoyed cheering students and the commentary rang in her ears. Her flowing h/c hair blew in her face. She swiftly dodged a Bludger as the crowd started cheering. Y/n stretched her arm as far and possible, and wrapped her fingers around the little golden ball.

The whole crowd exploded in applause as Y/n held out the Snitch in victory. "GRYFFINDOR WINS!" the commentator shouted. Y/n smoothly landed on the ground, and she was immediately surrounded by fellow Gryffindor friends. All of the Marauders were there, and Y/n could't be happier. She got pulled into one of the usual Marauder group hugs as she started to take off the heavy Quidditch equipment.

The Marauders made their way down to the Great Hall to eat, but James and Sirius made a quick stop to brag about the Gryffindor victory to Snivellus. Y/n sat down at the Gryffindor table and started eating immediately. At least 5 minutes in though, James excused himself. Weird. On second thought, James hasn't been that close to Y/n anymore, he was just treating her like rhe other Marauders. No more flirting from him, seems like. Once James left, the other four started talking about him right away.

"Why has he been acting like that recently?" Remus asked worriedly. Y/n just watched with a confused expression, and Peter thought it was just stress for his grades. "Guys. I know why he's been like this." Sirius muttered quietly, with a sympathetic look towards Y/n. "Well? Why?" Y/n said, a little bit impatient. "He's got eyes on another girl. Lily Evans, for your information." Sirius whispered.

All that managed to come out of Y/n's mouth was "Oh." Although, it did feel like her heart shattered into a million pieces. But, Y/n was not going to act weak. James was always a prankster anyways, he probably never even liked  Y/n. Sirius, Remus and Peter all looked at Y/n sadly. "Whatever.. it's fine, not that I really care." Y/n lied. It was pretty obvious that nobody believed her. So silly how someones emotions can go from insanely happy to insanely sad in seconds.

Y/n, Peter, Sirius and Remus all glared at Lily Evans, who was all the way at the end of the Gryffindor table. And, as expected, James was sitting right there next to her, flirting and blushing. "You know, I'm pretty worn out from Quidditch. I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight, boys." Y/n said quietly, followed by sad expressions from the three boys. Usually Y/n was always joking around. Now was different though. Once Y/n was out of earshot, Sirius went straight to talking again. "I have to go and speak to her. Where is James' invisibility cloak?" he muttered.

-short time skip-

Sirius, under the Invisibility Cloak, tip toed his way up to the girl's dormitories. He opened the door slowly and quietly, only to find a silently sobbing Y/n. In her hand was.. a photo album? Sirius right away removed the cloak, and Y/n shouted from being startled. "Sirius! What are you doing here?" Y/n whisper shouted, wiping away her tears only to show that she wasn't crying. "Y/n, I feel like it's my fault that you're so distressed." Sirius whispered, sitting down on the bed next to Y/n's bed. "No, Sirius, don't say that. It's not you're fault. Honestly, thank you for telling me. I was starting to get a tad bit worried about James until you told me.." Y/n muttered, trailing off at the last word.

"Well, what I'm mostly trying to say, is that it doesn't matter that James likes that Lily girl. I can tell that deep down, James still has feelings for you." Sirius whispered, trying to make Y/n feel better. The sides of Y/n's lips twitched, trying to form a smile, and Sirius could tell that she was starting to feel better. "Thank you, Sirius." was all Y/n said.

The next hour or two was spent with Y/n and Sirius talking, joking, and laughing. God, Y/n loved her friends. By the time Sirius left and Y/n had to sleep, she was feeling great. The thought of James barely bothered her at this moment in time, because after all those hilarious jokes and impersonations of people with Sirius, Y/n felt like nothing could hurt her.

For now.

-

Thank you all so much for the reads!! I only thought this story would get like, 30 reads! so thanks!
all characters and storylines belong to j.k rowling, except for the ones I made up :>