12

Year Three

The year was coming to an end, and Y/n had to admit it to herself, she had slightly missed the summertime when she could sit down and just think about everything going on in her life. But, she was still at Hogwarts.  Y/n had a free period, but all the other Marauders had chosen their own classes to take during this time, so she was alone. Y/n felt like practicing spells, but she didn't know exactly which spell she would practice. She made her way up to her dorm (which was empty), and she sat down on her red and gold bed. Right as Y/n sat down though, a spell came to her mind that she immediately wanted to practice.

Y/n thought of the happiest memory that she had ever experienced in her entire life. The time when Y/n had found out that James had feelings for her. Although, this memory was no longer exactly true anymore, Y/n still let the thought of it fill her up. "Expecto Patronum!" Y/n whispered ever so quietly, as she focused on her special memory and held out her wand. Then, something came out of her wand. A beautiful blue-grey essence that sort of looked like smoke. Y/n was still focusing on her memory, but could not help but gasp at her success. But then, the blue smoke disappeared. Y/n wouldn't give up though. She was determined.

This time, Y/n tried to focus on the memory even more. She held out her wand, and said "Expecto Patronum!" very clearly. The same blue smoke came out of Y/n's wand, but this time she could make out the silhouette of an animal. The animal was the same colour as the smoke, but what animal it was Y/n could not tell. Until she got a closer look at it. Still focusing on her happy
memory, Y/n moved slightly closer to make out what animal it was. It was prancing around her in circles, but eventually Y/n realized what the patronus was. It was a doe.

- time skip -

The Marauders sat at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall, chatting as always. Y/n was still trying her best to not talk to James, seemed like he was making the same effort. Sirius and Y/n on the other hand, were now much closer with each other. Of course, Y/n still looked at Sirius only as a friend, but she had felt happier with him. James then took a glance at all of the Marauders and nodded. He then proceeded to walk towards a very annoyed looking Lily Evans. "He will never learn his lesson, will he?" Y/n muttered, staring at a very embarrassed James Potter trying to flirt with Lily Evans. "Never." the boys all said in sync.

Of course, Y/n was still extremely sad about James moving on from Y/n just like that. He could have at least talked to her or said something. It was as if the kiss and the love letter from James had never happened in his point of view. Before she knew it, Y/n was suddenly in an incredibly bad mood. She should really stop thinking about James. But, the boys being the wonderful people they are, noticed the frown on Y/n's s/c(skin color) face. "Forget about it Y/n, just because James has moved on does not mean that the two of you will not stop being best friends." Remus said warmly which brought a weak smile to Y/n's face.

Meanwhile, being an Animagus was going pretty well for Y/n. The group of five had not been caught yet, and they were having a great time roaming around the school as animals. Sirius, Remus and Peter still didn't get over the fact that Y/n's animal form was a doe and James was a stag. Although, Y/n did not plan on telling the boys about her doe patronus. Maybe Sirius, because he was probably the only Marauder that Y/n was closest with at the moment. James was off with that Evans girl, Peter was unusually shy, and Remus was, actually just like Sirius and James but just more mature.

"So, do you guys think James is going to invite us to his house this summer?" Sirius asked, as the Marauders except for James were all still at the Gryffindor table. "He's probably going to forget about us and repeatedly invite Evans to go to his house until she accepts." Y/n joked. "I mean, you're not wrong." Remus said with a smile. Y/n glanced back at James, who was still trying to woo Evans. He really will never learn his lesson.

- another time skip -

Y/n stared at the stunning scarlet train as she proceeded to enter it with her best friends. She just couldn't believe that her third year at Hogwarts was over, and she was about to go up to her fourth year. The Marauders walked through the train, and sat down at an empty compartment. Although her third year at Hogwarts was great, Y/n dearly missed her parents and her house. Hopefully the Marauders would meet up sometime during the summer. And hopefully James gets over Evans. That's what Y/n wanted.

"Do you think us being Animagi will come in useful some time in the summer?" Y/n asked curiously. "Well, we'll be able to pull some awesome pranks." Sirius said with a smirk. "You hear that James?  You can impress Evans with becoming a stag." Y/n muttered mockingly to James, who seemed to be deep in thought, as always. "Sure." he said. Remus, Sirius, Peter and Y/n all had to try vrry hard to hold in their laughter, as Y/n was kidding with James when she had said that. Seemed like he would literally do anything to impress that Evans.

The train stopped, and the Marauders stood up and made their way to the exit. Two months, and then Y/n's fourth year would arrive. Little did she know though, in her fourth year she would come up with the craziest idea ever. Either way, it's all just for the better.

-

first of all, sorry for the short chapter. second of all, i'm sorry that i keep forgetting halloween, birthdays, christmas, etc. i'll be sure to include them in the future chapters. prepare for some drama in the fourth year for y/n at hogwarts :)
also, thank you thank you thank you for 1000 reads!! i seriously never expected it!

all characters/storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones that i made up.