73

-

"Nevertheless.. I will always be here to help you guys with anything. Anything. But... I don't think I would be the greatest option for Secret Keeper. Hear me out..." 

-

"Sirius, are you mad? Don't get me wrong or anything, but, are you kidding?!" James immediately exclaimed after Sirius described his point of view. 

James and Y/n were still feeling very fragile and startled. The three were just in the living room of the couple's house, discussing this important matter. James was completely bewildered by Sirius's statement.

Peter Pettigrew being the Potter's Secret Keeper? Nonsense!

Y/n was silent. She was thinking about what Sirius said, and she was thinking about it a lot. James, on the other hand, was not done talking.

"Sirius, I know that you are coming from a place of love. But, I just don't understand! You have been our best friend since forever! I don't see why Y/n and I would ever consider choosing Peter for our Secret Keeper, when we know that you are the most trustworthy friend in the world, Sirius!"

James exclaimed, pacing around and waving his hands in the air as if what Sirius said was absolutely mad. Sirius did not say anything. He was waiting for Y/n to say something.

James realized that Y/n was not talking, she was just sitting on the couch and glancing at the floor. It looked as if she was in an awkward situation and wanted to leave.

"Y/n, you agree, don't you? Of course, I have absolutely nothing against our friend Peter. But, being our Secret Keeper is such an incredibly important thing! It only feels right to give that role to someone who we know we can trust!"

James was frantic. He was ranting and ranting; he simply could not believe the fact that Sirius had proposed something so preposterous. James snapped out of his ramble for a moment, and quickly glanced at Y/n again. She was still deep in thought. She was listening to every word coming out of James's mouth, but she just did not know if she entirely agreed with him.

"N/n? You agree... right?" James asked, sitting next to Y/n, looking at her, and raising one eyebrow slightly. No way she would disagree with him. Right?

Y/n took a deep breath. She readjusted her position on the couch. She looked at James with a patient but serious look. Then, she began to speak.

"James. You know that I am as concerned about this as you are. You know that whatever we do now, might just dictate the course of our lives. And you know that I would never want to make a decision that could potentially harm us."

Y/n began. James was still looking at her in an intense manner, he was hanging onto every word that she said. Sirius was sitting across from the two, just watching everything go down. Sirius did not regret stating what he stated, he stood by it. All that mattered, though, was that Y/n and James would agree. 

Y/n took another deep breath, and continued to speak.

"Because of this, James, we need to be smart. This situation is one like no other, and it means that we need to think this through. A lot. I am not saying this to spite you, at all, but I really do agree with Sirius." she continued, confidently speaking the whole way through.

James's face dropped. Sirius let out a small sigh of relief.

"Y/n-- you-- you really agree with Sirius on this?" was all James said. He looked at the ground, and back at Y/n, then at Sirius, and then at the ground again. He pushed his glasses up. He took a deep breath. Then, he looked back at Y/n.

Y/n nodded. She was thinking about what to say next; but her thought process was cut off when James continued to respond.

"But-- why? I just want to know, what positive impact will it bring if Peter is our Secret Keeper? I trust him, and I know he would not let us down, but Sirius is like a brother  to me! This doesn't feel right at all!" said James. 

He wasn't yelling. He was just, awfully confused. Everyone was. This was a horrible situation to be in, and Y/n and James were hit with all types of terrible emotions in such a sudden and short amount of time.

"James. Sirius is and always will be family to us. Everyone knows that. But that's the problem! Everyone knows that Sirius is our best friend! Sirius explained it perfectly, this is just something that we need to do in order to maintain our own safety." 

Y/n responded in a very comforting and gentle voice. She did not break eye contact with James while she was talking. James didn't break eye contact with her, either. This was something that he really needed to understand. 

James was still silent. It seemed like he was just trying to process everything. Can't blame him. But before James could even begin to form an opinion on this whole situation, Sirius finally spoke. 

"You guys, I love you two more than words could ever describe, and I want the best for you. But, I don't want to push you into something that you're uncomfortable with. This is a big choice to make, and I just gave you my recommendation on it. Please, talk about it with each other. Think about it. You don't have all the time in the world, but you have time. I'm going to let you two talk. Let me know when you've made a decision." Sirius said, kindness in his voice but seriousness on his face. 

He left.

It was now just James and Y/n. It felt like everything was breaking apart; this was too much to handle. It was just, unbelievable. 

-

HIIIIII EVERYONE

THANK YOU ENDLESSLY FOR YOUR PATIENCE

I CANT EXPLAIN TO YOU THE WAY THAT SCHOOL HAS BEEN KEEPING ME SO BUSY

BUT YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SO KIND AND PATIENT

I REALLY HOPE YOU LOVE THIS CHAPTER

THE NEXT ONE WILL BE OUT SOONER

THAT IS A PROMISE

I LOVE YOU 

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS ILL READ AND RESPOND TO ALL OF THEM

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT <3 UNTIL NEXT TIME

- Z