80 - final chapter

It was a sad time.

—   o n e   y e a r   l a t e r   —

Sirius and Remus had never moved on from the death of James and Y/n Potter. Of course, their lives had gone back to normal, but nothing would ever be the same without the loving presence of their two lifelong best friends.

They would never be able to forgive themselves for what had happened, even though it wasn't their fault in the first place. However, the past was the past, and nothing they could do would ever be able to bring back James and Y/n.

At least they knew that Harry would be fine. He was in safe hands with his aunt and uncle, although they were Muggles, Harry would be taken good care of until he was old enough to be sent to Hogwarts.

To Harry, he would only know his parents through stories and distant, faint memories.

After the death of James and Y/n, Peter Pettigrew had not been heard of whatsoever. This fact made Remus and Sirius fill up with anger, but there was simply nothing that they could do about it right now.

Sirius and Remus would never forget the way that James would always manage to make them laugh during a Potions class in Hogwarts, no matter how early in the morning it might have been.

They would never forget how Y/n always knew exactly what to say to make them feel better, even when they felt like they were at their worst.

They would never forget the way that James and Y/n walked down the school halls, hand in hand as if they never wanted to let go of each other.

Sirius and Remus would never, ever forget any of the little things that James and Y/n would do. They would never let go of those memories, as it was their number one priority to keep James and Y/n alive in their hearts.

James and Y/n were the perfect definition of the word "soulmates."

The two of them had gone through so much together, but their love for each other never wavered.

Even in death, they would forever be grateful for the love and joy that they were able to give to one another.

And no matter how things may have ended, no matter how unfair, no matter how upsetting...

It was all just for the better.

... hii!! author here!!

well, i can't believe this day has finally come. this story is officially over!

let me begin by quickly saying, thank you for waiting so long for this short and sad final chapter!!

okay, now let me say THANK YOU for real.

THANK YOU to the readers who truly are the ones who kept this story alive. you are quite literally the reason that i kept writing this, and i will forever hold all of your kind words close to my heart. thank you for all your patience, feedback, and just overall kindness that you have showed me throughout the course of this story!!

now, i'm not sure if i am going to edit this story to assure that it is more well-written, but i might someday in the future, so keep an eye out for that!

this story has been with me for sooo long, and i have such a bittersweet feeling saying goodbye to it heheh. it's become routine for me to rush and get a chapter out every month.

so, regarding the course of the story itself, it's officially over, and i ended it in a way that makes it flow with the course of the harry potter series lol. i won't be writing a prequel, or a sequel.

i know that at the beginning of this, i promised you readers that james and y/n wouldn't die. and to be honest, that was my intention! but as i started reaching the end of the story, i figured that this would be the best way to approach the ending of it all. so, sorry about that heheh i tried not to make it too depressing!!

and that's just about it! thank you ENDLESSLY for reading this silly little story of mine, and i truly hope from the bottom of my heart that you loved reading it as much as i loved writing it. THANK YOU!

i would absolutely love to see some comments
from you, so be sure to leave one please!!

thank you so much, and that's it from me!! <333

— z <3