68

-

"Aw man, we love you." was all Y/n responded with, but she said it in a very kind tone. She meant it. "How are you and Remus holding up?" she asked, hoping for a positive answer.

Sirius sat down in one of the visitor chairs in the hospital rooms. "Well..."

-

After explaining everything that had happened to James and Y/n, Sirius was exhausted.

"...Oh." was all James said. Him and Y/n had both of a sort of dumbfounded look on their faces. It was quite funny, actually.

Y/n spoke up. "Sirius, I'm really sorry that you guys are going through this right now. It's going to be okay though, alright? No matter how bad it seems. You and Remus.. you're too strong. Something like this can't pull you apart." she reassuringly said, with a warm smile to Sirius. Only James noticed the hint of doubt in her voice.

"Agreed. Padfoot, whatever happens next is up to you. And I know you know what the right choice is. Right?" James added, giving a quizzical look to Sirius. 

Sirius sighed. "Right. I love Remus. I really do. It's just, you know, he hurt me really bad this time, James! I don't know what to tell him that will make him understand!" he exclaimed, his voice slightly cracking.

"Come here," said Y/n to Sirius, as she extended her arm. Sirius stood up and took Y/n's hand. She held on tight and looked him dead in the eye. "Sirius. Nothing will happen if you two just keep telling me and James about this. The only way things will be fixed is if you sit down with Remus, and have a real talk. Do you agree?" she said in a slightly firm voice, but she meant it in the nicest way possible. 

Sirius felt better after these words. "I agree. Thank you, both of you. I'll be back, and maybe I'll have someone with me next time." Sirius responded, with a goofy wink, and then he was out the door. "Oh, my God," James scoffed and rolled his eyes at Sirius's peculiar exit.

When he was gone, Y/n looked at James. "Did we just orchestrate the cure to their relationship?" she asked, chuckling. This made James laugh. "I think we did." he responded, still smiling. "Wow, we're going to be damn good parents." she joked, and James laughed again. He kissed her on the cheek, and they were nothing but smiles. 

--

Sirius opened the door to his apartment. He looked around, maybe Remus would be in one of the few rooms. And, he was. Remus was in the living room, a journal in front of him. It was blank, Remus was only fidgeting with a pencil while staring at the journal.. He seemed to be so deep in thought, he didn't even realize that Sirius had come in.

"Remus?" Sirius said quietly as to not startle him.

Remus jumped in his seat and looked over at Sirius immediately. Once Remus saw him, he stood up right away. He seemed.. happy to see Sirius. "Sirius! You, you're here!" Remus exclaimed, he didn't sound too sad, but not too happy either. He just seemed to be awfully surprised and confused. Which he was.

Remus really didn't know what to say. Obviously, he had just wanted to hug Sirius and hold on forever, but it was simply not the time. Remus's heart was absolutely racing. He was shocked, and Sirius noticed, which is why he spoke first.

"Remus, I think we need to talk. Nothing will happen by us being apart. We need to communicate." Sirius firmly stated, keeping Y/n's words in mind. 

"O-of course," Remus was just so bewildered. The last thing he had expected was for Sirius to show up, actually wanting to talk to him. 

"Calm down, it's not a fun talk." Sirius said as he took a seat on the couch, followed by Remus. These words obviously did not make Remus calm down, if anything, they made him worry even more.

Sirius looked at Remus, as a sort of invitation for him to speak first. As a chance for him to apologize-- for real. Remus understood.

"Sirius, I'm so sorry. I risked throwing away our whole relationship, and nothing is as important to me as you are. I took out my stress on you, and you didn't deserve it. Not one bit. I love you so much Sirius, and I want you to know that this was the very last time you will get hurt like this." Remus said, not breaking eye contact with Sirius once. 

Sirius looked calm, but in reality, his mind was racing. To him, that was the perfect apology. Maybe this talk wouldn't be so hard after all. But, something inside of Sirius still wanted to be stubborn though. He wanted Remus to know that this was a very serious thing to him.

"Remus... I love you too." Sirius took a deep breath before he continued talking. 

These words meant the world to Remus, and when he heard them, he felt his heart begin to race even more than it already was, if that's even possible. Remus had to try his very hardest to not have the biggest grin on his face. Hearing Sirius say that felt like hearing him say it for the first time all over again.

"Your apology means a lot to me, I want you to know that. I also want you to know that this is the last time you're going to hurt me like this. I need you to understand that. And if you can't understand that, we won't have anything to do with each other anymore. I know I'm being tough on you, but maybe now you'll know how I felt." Sirius continued. He was literally speaking straight from his mind, nothing from this was planned.

Remus nodded. "You're not being tough at all, this is merely what I deserve for hurting you. I promise you, with all my heart, the only time I'll ever make you cry again will be tears of happiness. Sirius, can we move on? I can't stand to see you like this anymore." he stated, and before he knew it, Sirius broke out in a smile.

 Before Remus realized, Sirius had pulled him in for a kiss. Remus smiled during it, he couldn't help it. Neither could Sirius, who pulled away and chuckled in relief.

That was all there is to it, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black were just two boys who couldn't stay away from each other, no matter what or who tried to bring them apart.

--

did i just write two chapters in a row? Y e s s i r ! this is a once in a lifetime phenomenon : -)

 i really really reallllyyy hope you enjoy this chapter! leave some nice comments if you'd like! 

see you soon, lovely readers <3

- z