25

Year Five

- y / n -

The Marauders all sat at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall, having a different type of conversation. One that actually wasn't completely nonsense.

"So what you guys are trying to say.." Remus began, but as usual, interrupted by James, "Is that we think it's possible to make a map of the school, showing where everyone is and when!" he exclaimed, looking at the other Marauders for backup. "I think we can do it! Well.. maybe. Sort of.. not really." Peter muttered. Y/n thought about it for a moment. A map of Hogwarts, showing everyones exact place? Pretty cool. "If you think about it, we all are pretty talented." Y/n said, actually meaning it. Sirius snorted.

"Talented in what? Being un-talented?" he joked. "I mean, I can stack 14 Galleons on my nose if I'm laying down.." James muttered, pulling some of the golden coins out of his pocket. "Off the topic, James." Y/n said, trying not to smile. "Sorry." he replied, embarrassed.

"Annnnyways, how would we even start making this map? Drawing some silly little doodles on an old piece of parchment?" Remus asked curiously. "Well, that was what we were thinking." Sirius stated, considering the stupidity of the idea. Remus facepalmed. Y/n couldn't help but laugh. "You guys really are dumb, aren't you?" she joked. "Hey!" the boys all said at once. Y/n rolled her eyes for the millionth time that day. And it was still morning. "This is going to take a long time." she said.

- time skip brought to you by nico di angelo's happy meals-

Later that morning, Y/n lazily walked towards her next class, Marauders at her side. She still had a little less spring in her step, as her shoulder was not fully healed yet.

Y/n entered the Potions dungeon and took her seat. She took out her textbook slowly, yawning. Y/n honestly just wanted to turn into a doe or something and go back to sleep. Although, her friends also looked pretty tired too. Or bored. Possibly both. Professor Slughorn started explaining different types of potions cheerfully. Y/n always liked him as a teacher, he seemed to care about each and every one of his students unlike some other teachers. Slughorn turned his back, and James lightly nudged Y/n on the arm. Y/n looked to her left where James was sitting, and he wrote something down on the corner of her notebook.

"Prongs"

Y/n knitted her eyebrows and glanced at James. He noticed her confused expression, and continued writing.

"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs. Prongs could be my nickname"

Y/n had trouble reading James's messy handwriting, as he was trying to write quickly before possibly getting detention from Slughorn. Once Y/n read the message, she looked at James, smiled, raised her eyebrows, and nodded. James's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. Seemed like whenever he was near Y/n, his egotistical and stubborn attitude would go down. Just a bit. He was obviously still the arrogant James Potter, but that didn't really change the way Y/n looked at him.

Speaking of that, Y/n was totally caught up in the moment when James asked her out. She couldn't even comprehend the shock she was feeling, so her first reaction was to just say yes. Obviously Y/n didn't regret this decision, although a little part of her was still anxious. Knowing James, this could all just be some cruel joke. Or worse, James could still have feelings for Evans.. No. Y/n couldn't let herself overthink things like this. She looked at James again. His messy, feathery black hair, his large square glasses over his soft hazel eyes, his pale skin, Y/n personally just loved all of these things about him. But, James' personality was what made her fall for him.

Sure, maybe he was a bit too much of a show off and an egotistical daredevil. He was only like that around large groups of people, to show that he wasn't a wimp or some crazy stuff like that. James acted a little bit different around Y/n. He almost seemed.. nervous that he was going to mess something up. Instead of his dramatic personality, he was extremely sweet and affectionate towards Y/n. Of course, he was still overdramatic at times, but it was those little perks about James that Y/n appreciated.

For the billionth time, Y/n's thoughts were interrupted again. But this time, it was an angry Professor Slughorn who broke her train of thoughts. "Miss L/n, are you listening to the lesson or are you daydreaming again?" Slughorn asked with a scowl on his face. What in the world did he mean by again? "Sorry Professor, won't happen again." Y/n apologized, feeling the eyes of the other Gryffindors and Slytherins on her as her cheeks reddened. She could have sworn she had seen the other Marauders smirk out of the corner of her eye.

- another time skip, brought to you by roonil wazlib -

Y/n watched the beautiful green mountains and stunning turquoise lakes out of the glassy window of the Hogwarts Express. She couldn't believe it.  Another year over at Hogwarts. Two more to go.

"Well, we survived another year, surprisingly." Y/n joked. "Don't push it, n/n. I'm sure we'll find a crazy way to get ourselves killed next year somehow." Remus said, smiling. Y/n smirked and rested her head on James's shoulder. "Although, it would be great if we could take that whole map-of-the-school thing seriously." Sirius muttered. Peter nodded. "Next year, Padfoot. Next year." James said.

As  Y/n exited the beautiful maroon coloured Hogwarts Express, she could already feel the tears beginning to sting her e/c eyes. She truly was going to miss the Marauders, even more this time because she was dating one of them. "Write to me?" Y/n asked, aiming the question to nobody in particular. "We probably won't need to, my parents have been talking about having you guys over again for the summer." James exclaimed. This  raised  Y/n's  hopes by  a  ton.

Maybe it wouldn't be such a boring summer after all.

-

all characters/storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones that I made up.
who's your favourite pjo/hoo character? mine are nico di angelo, leo valdez and percy jackson :)