31

Year Six

- authors note -

when the boys are opening up the marauders map, i put m/n in y/n's spot. m/n stands for marauder name, because i don't want to choose something that some people won't like. so its up to you guys what y/n's nickname is going to be :)

-

previously

"Y/n, I need to talk to you." he said.

-

Y/n awkwardly looked at the other Marauders. They widened their eyes and nudged their heads towards James, indicating that Y/n should go with him. Y/n took a deep breath and nodded. She got up, slowly walking towards James. Once she was outside of the Gryffindor common room, James quickly shut the door. "C'mon." was all he said, as he gently took Y/n's wrist and dragged her outside.

Y/n walked along, confused. Turns out the destination that James wanted to go to was the Black Lake, Y/n's favourite spot. James let go of her wrist.

"Uhh, what is it?" she asked quietly, as it was nearly dark out.

James chuckled sarcastically, not knowing where to begin. He couldn't think of anything to say. Y/n stared blankly at him. James bit his lip and ruffled up his hair, a sign of him being nervous. The most beautiful girl in the world was standing right in front of James, and any word could mess everything up. Everything. James didn't want to lose Y/n. He couldn't. He had known Y/n for about six years now and he wouldn't allow himself to lose her. So James decided to not use words. James decided did the most cliché thing ever.

He kissed Y/n.

James had his two hands on Y/n's cheek, but Y/n slapped them away. James looked at her, confusion and heartbreak in his hazel eyes. "Oh, so you think you can just, kiss me as an apology? Seriously? Come on, James. That's not how life works." Y/n exclaimed. James's face turned as red as a tomato and he began to regret what he just did, but what he didn't notice was the slight smirk on Y/n's s/c face.

"So.. are you going to apologize or am I going to wait here forever?" Y/n asked, trying to hide her growing smile,

James rolled his eyes. He couldn't stay mad at Y/n, no way.

"Fine, I'm sorry." he muttered truthfully. James decided that wasn't good enough of an apology, so he continued to speak. "I'm sorry for not understanding. I'm sorry for being so problematic and dramatic about every little thing. And I just hope you could forgive me." James muttered, sadness in his eyes.

Y/n glanced at James. "I'm so sorry too, James. I did something terrible. I used our best friend to make you jealous, and I'm shocked that you're giving me another chance." she said truthfully. James looked at her hopefully. He smiled a genuine smile and tried wiping some of the tear stains off of his face. Y/n pulled him into a warm hug, a hug that they had both needed.

"I love you." James whispered during the hug, not expecting Y/n to hear him. But, she did. 

"I love you too, Potter." she replied, burying her face into James's neck. Y/n wanted to stay like this forever. She wanted to stay with James, and James wanted to stay with Y/n.

Eventually, though, the couple released each other from the hug. They looked into each other's eyes for a moment. James could see galaxies in Y/n's eyes, and Y/n could see galaxies in James's eyes. "You truly are the most beautiful girl on this planet, Y/n." he stated quietly. Y/n smiled and kissed James.

- m e a n w h i l e -

"Hey guys, how about we check out the map to see who we could prank next?" Sirius suggested in a bored tone. All of the Marauders were sort of bored, since neither Y/n or James were there with them. "Sure, we could see where Y/n and James have been all this time." Remus replied in the same tone as Sirius.

The three boys lazily took out the map from under James's bed.

"Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs and m/n are proud to present the Marauders Map." they read in sync proudly. Remus scoffed. "I really can't believe we did this." he said, chuckling. Peter and Sirius simply nodded as a reply. 

"Okayyy, so let's try to find out where the love birds are." Sirius muttered, eyeing the map. 

There was a minute or two of silence, as the boys stared at the map. 

"Ugh, there's Snivellus." Peter said, pointing to a spot on the map. Severus Snape was walking outside of the castle along with Lucius Malfoy. 

"Y'know, we should really prank him more often." Sirius replied, grinning. Remus rolled his eyes but was still smirking.

"Oh! There they are!" Sirius exclaimed, nudging his head to a small part of the map. James and Y/n had been near the Black lake, and they seemed to be close to each other. 

Peter, Sirius and Remus had to hold in their laughter, because Y/n and James always seemed to get back together no matter what. 

"They're walking back towards the castle," Remus stated quietly. 

Sirius smiled slyly. "If only they knew that we could see their very movements right now." he chuckled. 

"Well, let's just go and wait for them." Peter suggested as he began to fold the Marauders Map neatly. 

And together, the three boys went downstairs to meet  James and Y/n.

- time skip brought to you by the weasley twins -

"I can't believe we're going on to our seventh year already. I'm going to miss this place so much." Y/n muttered as she leaned her head on James's shoulder. 

"I know, right?" Remus replied, staring out the window of the Hogwarts Express. The Marauders were going home, as their sixth year was officially over. 

They had some plans to meet up during the summer,  but all five of them were going to miss Hogwarts dearly. Y/n and James were back together, (again,) and they were both very happy with it. James and Sirius were (not surprisingly,) friends again. Y/n was very happy with that news.

Well, new year, here we come!

-

authors note

-

thank you guys so much for the support on this story! it really is the main reason that I am continuing this story, so thank you <3

also, I really appreciate it when you guys comment on this story, so please don't be shy and leave some theories/predictions!

all characters/storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones that I made up.

until next time, bye!

- zaina, the author