57

-
The couple was ready. Ready to raise a child together, to make them into the most badass child ever. James and Y/n may have been a little bit surprised with the news, but that didn't mean they were unhappy with it. Not at all.

They knew that they were in this for the long run.

Well, at least they thought they were.

Y/n and James were still absolutely shaken about the news, but as much as they were shocked, they were so incredibly ecstatic.

Think about it— they were going to have a child. Just the thought of that, Y/n and James were amazed.

Were they ready? Well, they weren't exactly sure. But deep down, they really were.

They were ready to raise a child together, whether they thought so or not.

Would anxiety come by them every once in a while? Maybe more? Of course, it's inevitable. But they were still prepared, prepared for all the different battles that were about to come their way.

I mean, they thought they were. They really thought they were.

It was still early in the morning, and James and Y/n were just hanging out in their bedroom, in a peaceful sort of silence. The sun had been up by now, but Sirius and Remus were still fast asleep. James and Y/n didn't mind, not at all. They enjoyed each other's company, even if nobody even tried to spark up a conversation.

It was almost as if things were never ever awkward for them. Well, at least recently. James and Y/n were just two awkward anti-social idiots who hated each other in first year, but now? Now they were awkward anti-social idiots who loved each other. Huge progression there, for sure.

Y/n and James, as i mentioned, were just sitting in a peaceful silence. James had his arms gently wrapped around Y/n, and they had both calmed down, they were actually quite close to falling asleep, too.

That was when Y/n snapped awake, scaring James.

"Wait! When are we going to tell Remus and Sirius the news?" Y/n exclaimed excitedly. James groaned in exhaustion, and relief. "No big deal." he mumbled lazily.

Y/n sat up. "Oh, but think about it! This is so big, you don't think they'd like to hear about it? I mean, if it wasn't for them nudging us in the right direction, we probably would have taken way more time to have gotten together. They deserve to know." she stated, smiling knowingly at James.

James chuckled at Y/n's little monologue. "Alright, fine, you're right. They really do deserve to know." he muttered, still half asleep.

Y/n smiled and stood up right away. She took James' hands, and, well, she tried to pull him off the bed but she failed miserably. James just ended up getting up himself.

- s m a l l t i m e s k i p -

Y/n, James, Sirius and Remus were all sitting together in the living room, surrounding the coffee table. They were all awake by now, obviously. Y/n was no longer a hot mess, James, well, I can't exactly say the same for him. He wasn't too tired or anything anymore, he just looked a mess, as always.

Sirius and Remus weren't really expecting anything big regarding the news that Y/n and James had, but they were still waiting patiently to hear it.

Y/n and James, on the other hand, couldn't wait to tell Sirius and Remus that Y/n was pregnant.

"Alright, so, uh, Y-Y/n and I- we h-have to tell y-you—" James began, but was quickly interrupted by his soon to be wife, due to his constant stuttering. It would have taken three years for James to tell them the news if he kept talking at that pace.

But, after hearing James try to put a sentence together and taking an ungodly amount of time, Y/n had just gotten impatient and decided to tell the boys the news straight up.

"I'm pregnant." Y/n blurted out, without any hesitation. She was planning to tell Remus and Sirius in a more mature way, maybe she could talk about how this was good news and not bad news.

The two boys, out of everything that Y/n and James could have ever told them, Y/n's pregnancy was the one thing that they really never would have expected. Not in a million years.

I mean, they knew that it was going to happen, oh, for sure. But for some reason, they just really weren't expecting it today. And so early, too!

Not that it was too early or anything— of course not! If anything, this was the perfect time for Y/n and James to start a family together. But, the element of surprise still had gotten the best of Sirius and Remus.

"Oh my God?" was all that managed to get out of Sirius' mouth, as Remus was just dead silent due to how bewildered he was.

"Holy shit— I— you guys— wh—" Sirius stuttered, now beginning to sound like James. His face was bright red, for some reason, and he was a mess, trying to get a functioning sentence out.

Remus was just pure shocked. His mouth was idly open, his eyebrows raised, but before he knew it a huge smile began spreading across his pale face, an unforgettable smile.

"Oh my God, you guys!" Remus exclaimed in pure happiness as he stood up and pulled Y/n and James into a huge hug. After Sirius was done being shocked, he joined the group hug as well.

Y/n couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. Scratch that— none of the Marauders could wipe the smile off their face at the moment. The news for them was incredible. Even Remus and Sirius, who were barely involved, were ecstatic for their best friends.

-

whups sorry for the shitty chapter & sorry cor not uploading in 3 million years i've just been feeling rlly uninspired recently:/

hope y'all liked this chapter tho!

cya next time

- z