54

-
"You heard me. You two should be able to keep that—" he pointed to Remus and Sirius' hands intertwined, "—to yourselves." the man continued.

Remus could see anger start to grow in Sirius. "It's okay Sirius don't say anything—" Remus began to whisper but Sirius was already talking.

"Who do you think you are?" Sirius asked right away, looking the man right in the eyes. Sirius didn't seem to be afraid at all, but Remus knew he was terrified.
-

Sirius stood up to face the man. Remus looked up at Sirius worriedly. Why'd he always have to get involved??

"You're absolutely sick if you really believe that my and my boyfriend—" he moved closer to Remus "— can't just enjoy a day together." Sirius began, disgust in his voice.

The man's face was bright red with anger. "You're lucky I'm not making this physical because my kid's here." he spat.

Sirius was just about to say something, but—

"Sirius!" Remus whisper-shouted. Sirius turned around to face him, and once he saw the terrified expression on Remus' face, Sirius realized that he should have just ignored the man.

Sirius' face went red, with anger, disappointment, and just pure embarrassment. He should have kept quiet.

Sirius grabbed Remus' hand and walked away, trying to hold back any tears.

Remus looked back just to ensure that the man was gone, and he was. Remus tightened his grip on his boyfriend's hand.

"It's okay, Sirius, he's gone. It's over." Remus whispered in a soft voice, leaving a gentle kiss on Sirius' cheek and wiping his tears with his coat sleeve.

This time it was Sirius who was holding on tight to Remus' hand.

The couple had always gotten a nasty look or two while holding hands in public, but they had never actually been threatened like that, and to put it honestly, they were terrified.

Sirius always thought that he could never be harmed while he was with Remus, but turns out he was wrong. He always thought that a world with Remus was a perfect world, a world where nothing wrong could ever happen.

Remus always thought that he could protect Sirius no matter what, but turns out he was also quite wrong. Remus knew that Sirius never exactly had it easy, and he wanted to fix that for him. Remus wanted to make the world perfect for Sirius, and after what had happened, he felt like he had failed Sirius.

- m e a n w h i l e -

"I had no idea," James muttered, looking at his fiancee. She smiled weakly. "Don't worry about it. It's just, it's really confusing." she began, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Like at first it wasn't confusing to me at all, you know? But now, since these dreams are so recurring, I cant help but wonder, what do they mean?" she continued on, as James listened intently.

"I've had dreams like that too." James finally said, and Y/n's eyebrows immediately shot up. "Really?" she asked, her voice high. James simply nodded, a small nervous smile on his face.

"Dang," was all Y/n said.

James was about to say something, but he stopped himself when he heard the door downstairs open, meaning Remus and Sirius had come back by now. James almost laughed at himself, he didn't even realize that he was sitting here with Y/n for so long. He didn't mind at all, though.

Seems like Y/n heard the door open too, because offered to go downstairs to see how the boys were doing.

When the couple got downstairs, they were quite surprised to see the expressions on Sirius and Remus' faces, which, by the way, were not exactly filled with joy.

Sirius looked upset— embarrassed, too. He looked like he was literally on the verge of tears, and that made Y/n's heart break.

Remus, he looked just pure sad, no other way to put it. He didn't look angry or shocked or any of the other million emotions that were on Sirius' face, Remus just looked upset. The boys weren't going to try to hide the way they were feeling about this situation.

"Oh my— what's happened with you guys?" James immediately asked when he saw the two boys' expressions.

Remus and Sirius didn't want to talk about what had happened. Like, at all. They would, eventually, but not right now.

Remus looked up at James, who looked awfully worried, which made Remus even more sad. Sirius was looking at the floor, and Y/n saw him and how sad he looked, and she nudged James, trying to get the point across to him that they didn't want to talk about it right now.

Y/n walked over to Sirius and gave him a short hug, then Remus. "You guys, get some rest. You look exhausted." Y/n said, her inner mom coming out, and her trying to make it so the boys don't have to talk about what just happened.

James and Y/n knew that even if Remus and Sirius never told them what had happened that day, it would be okay.

- t i m e s k i p -

-
Y/n was having another weird dream, believe it or not. It was honestly getting quite annoying with her by now, as the dreams were almost recurring. They were all revolving around the weird young boy who kept showing up in her dreams.

Every time she saw him in a dream, it was almost as if she knew him. At first, Y/n would just dismiss the dreams, but now, she had started putting some thought into them.

Such as, what could they possibly mean? Why were they recurring? Who's the young boy who kept coming to her in dreams? And most of all— why did Y/n feel like she had such a close connection with the boy, even if she'd never seen him before in her life?

Y/n really had a million questions regarding the situation.

-

In the dream, it was Halloween.

OK WOWOOW SORRY FOR THIS HORRIBLE CHAPTER AND SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING IN A WHILE BUT I PROMISE I HAVE A PLAN AND ITS ONLY GONNA GET BETTER FROM HERE

ALSO tHank you????? so much??? for almost 100k reads?? like that's insane i remember being so happy when this story had just 100 reads but 100k?? just wow ily

ok so thank y'all sm for leaving comments i love reading them<3

and as always see u in the next chapter<3

- z