33

Year Seven

"Okay, seriously, why did you guys do it?" Sirius said to James and  Y/n, a worried look on his face. The three Marauders were in the Gryffindor common room, as the other two were either studying or pranking people.

James shrugged, trying to play dumb.  Y/n rolled her eyes, smiling. "Remember, I don't know, year two? Remember the fireworks that you set off? "James X Y/n for life?" Well, James and I are just getting you back." she explained with a smug smile resting on her face, as she leaned back in her bean bag seat. James nodded. Sirius widened his eyes slightly as he raised his eyebrows.

"Well, shit."

-
previously
-
Either way, James wanted them to be happy. Which is exactly why he had planned this special something with Y/n. James looked over at Y/n, smiled, and nodded. Their plan was about to go into action.
-

James took out his wand from his Quidditch robe pocket, and shouted a common spell. (Keep note, James and Y/n were both still in the air and playing Quidditch. They were just crazy enough to do this). "Accio fireworks!" he yelled, doing an incantation with his wand.

Right as James said the spell, a couple of unlit fireworks flew from a small hidden spot in the crowd, straight into James's hands. Students and teachers in the crowd started to shout, as he certainly wasn't supposed to have fireworks in his hand during Quidditch.

Y/n flew around quickly, keeping an eye on James but also trying to focus on the game. Which, for your information, is not an easy thing to do. She could not hear very clearly because of the wind in her ears, but she could see James waving his wand around and speaking.

Right before Y/n's eyes, the fireworks were on fire and floating in the air. James winked at her, and Y/n just laughed. The crowd was going wild, not with happiness, but with anger and confusion. Even some of the Quidditch players had stopped playing and were just floating on their broomsticks, staring at the crazy yet beautiful couple that was James and Y/n.

Up the fireworks went, into the endless light blue sky. Up, up and up they went.  And then, at that moment, the fireworks went off.

The sight truly was beautiful. At first, there were only a couple of medium sized red fireworks. The crowd screamed and shouted in delight and shock.. James and Y/n, side by side, looked up into the sky, smiling. A couple of seconds passed, and the real show came on.

The fireworks came together to make huge multicoloured letters, becoming a gigantic sentence of lights in the sky floating right above the Quidditch field. Truly, it was amazing. What did the sentence say, you ask? Well, it said "REMUS X SIRIUS 4 LIFE", and it was out there for everyone to see.

Y/n and James were the first to look at Sirius and Remus, who were sitting in the crowd next to each other, accompanied by Peter. Remus quickly raised his hand to his mouth, and his eyes widened. Sirius's mouth just fell open in shock. The best part? Both of their faces were as bright as a tomato.

Sirius turned to Remus, and then Remus turned to Sirius, and they just speed-walked away in completely opposite directions. Y/n and James were literally crying tears of laughter. That was until the microphone sounded, and Professor McGonogall's voice was speaking.

"Uh, yes, this game will be cancelled due to unexpected circumstances . The winning team is Slytherin, as they had the most points. Everyone may return to their classes, but I would like to see James Potter and Y/n P- i mean L/n, in my office. Now." her stern voice said. The crowd silently began to empty, but James and Y/n quickly made worried eye contact with each other.

"Go, go go!" Y/n shouted, as she immediately began flying towards the Forbidden Forest, James by her side. The couple just couldn't help but laugh. Here they were, flying away from an angry teacher, right after pranking their two best friends.

A couple of minutes passed, and  Y/n could see that nobody was following them, so she landed her broomstick and motioned James to come down too. They had landed right near the Black Lake, not too close though. Y/n sat down on the fresh grass, exhausted. James bent down and quickly kissed Y/n, followed by him sitting down too.

Y/n smiled. "So, you think Remus and Sirius are writing our will yet?" she joked, plucking at the grass. James let out a raspy laugh. "Hell, the worst they're going to do is yell at us for a bit." he stated, ruffling up his already messy black hair. Y/n nodded. "Or, you know... they could be, like, making out in a closet or something." she muttered, holding back a laugh. "Oh, shut up." James replied, grinning.

Y/n laid down on the grass, looking up at the sky. James laid down next to her, and the couple just stared at the clouds going by for a couple of calm minutes.

"Do you think Remus likes him back?" James had suddenly whispered, still staring right up at the sky. Y/n shrugged. "I hope." she replied, closing her eyes for a little bit.

Before she knew it, Y/n had fallen asleep right there on the grass. James noticed alright, but he didn't bother to wake her up. He decided to rest for a bit too. Eventually, the both of them were asleep next to each other, dreaming of the wildest realities.

That was until they were awaken by a shout. Remus's voice. 

"ARE YOU TWO INSANE?!?!"

-
hellooo sorry for really not updating aksksk
uhh no new updates ig so see you guys in the next chapter!

- zaina, the author