53

Remus could sense it, though. So could James, and so could Y/n. They could always tell when Sirius was lying. But they just chose not to acknowledge it this time.

-

one week later

-

Y/n woke up peacefully that morning. She would have liked to get up out of bed, but a sleeping James had his arms wrapped around her. Obviously she didn't mind it, but, I mean, she had to get up eventually.

Long story short Y/n just ended up falling back asleep.

- two hours later -

Y/n was still asleep, but really, are we surprised? Though, she wasn't exactly sleeping so peacefully. She kept having these weird dreams— about that same strange young boy.

The boy almost seemed familiar to Y/n. Well, more than almost. It was as if she knew him very well. She just couldn't remember him.

Y/n was tossing and turning in her sleep, trying to get those odd dreams out of her head.

- d o w n s t a i r s -

"So, what do you guys wanna do today?" Remus asked Sirius and James as he absent-mindedly ran his hand through his hair. It was still quite early, and the boys were still quite tired.

James sighed. "Well, Y/n's been working so hard recently. You know, with the wedding and all that. I feel bad for barely helping. I think I just wanna spend some time with her today, you know?" he said, a small blush rising to his cheeks.

Remus and Sirius looked at each other. They smiled.

"You know what, Prongs, you're definitely taking the right choice here. Remus and I- we'll see you later." Sirius said, a genuine smile still on his face.

James grinned. "Thanks, you guys, honestly. I'll see you later." he said.

- s h o r t   t i m e   s k i p -

James had made the house look beautiful. Well- define beautiful. He had cleaned, lit some candles,  and was about to make breakfast in bed for Y/n.

— t i m e s k i p —

James knocked on Y/n's door with a tray of food in his hand. When she didn't answer, James knew she was still asleep. He opened the door, and realized that Y/n looked really uncomfortable. He gently tapped her shoulder, and she woke with a start.

Y/n almost looked, scared? "Morning, love." James said, trying to dismiss her expression. She shook her head, and then it all went back to normal.

"Good morning, James," she said, happy and almost relieved to see James.

James smiled uneasily, hoping Y/n was okay. He dismissed it, though, he'd talk to her about it later on.

"I made you breakfast," James said, smiling at Y/n as he sat down on the bed.

A genuine smile grew on Y/n's face. She was blushing like crazy, even though it wasn't even that big of a deal. She didn't know what to say. "T-thank you, James." Y/n managed to say, as she proceeded to hug James.

He sat down next to her. And James was planning to talk about the way Y/n was acting in the morning later in the day, but he was just really curious.

"N/n, are you okay?" he asked gently, as he took a bite of toast.

Y/n tilted her head. "What do you mean? I mean, yeah, I'm pretty great, but still, what do you mean?" Y/n muttered, feeling a little bit worried, although she had no idea what James was even talking about.

"When I walked into this room just now and you were still asleep, I could have sworn you looked terrified. You were tossing and turning all night, as well. Is something wrong?" James asked, trying to put it in the nicest way possible.

Y/n sighed, and looked at James. She didn't think that her odd dreams were such a big deal, so she never told James about them, but, now that he'd asked, might as well.

Y/n began to talk.

Sirius and Remus had agreed to go on a walk with each other. It was quite a nice day outside, and the two had missed spending alone time with each other.

As they exited Y/n and James' house, they held hands.

You see, Sirius and Remus weren't afraid to be open about their relationship in public anymore. At first, yes, but not anymore. After all of the support they had gotten from Hogwarts regarding their relationship, they were proud to show it off.

The couple strolled down the sidewalk, light blushes on each of their faces. They weren't really speaking, just appreciating the fact that they were there with each other. They were too busy listening to the light whistle of the wind and the peaceful sounds of the birds chirping to talk, anyways.

And so the couple walked. It was pretty busy outside, honestly. There were cars driving by and people walking everywhere.

Sirius saw a bench and nudged Remus in it's direction. They walked over and sat down, hands still intertwined. Remus, being shorter than Sirius, rested his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. He closed his eyes, hoping he could maybe take a nap.

Remus didn't know if he had fallen asleep or not, but a nearby voice had startled him.

"Nobody wants to see that." he heard, and looked around only to see an older man with a younger girl scoffing at him and Sirius. Remus sat up, embarrassed.

"Excuse me?" said Sirius, obvious hurt in his voice. His grip tightened on Remus' hand. The older man was red in the face, and the little girl seemed confused.

"You heard me. You two should be able to keep that—" he pointed to Remus and Sirius' hands intertwined, "—to yourselves." the man continued.

Remus could see anger start to grow in Sirius. "It's okay Sirius don't say anything—" Remus began to whisper but Sirius was already talking.

cliffhanger????? i think?????

anyways HI im  SO SO SO sorry for not uploading and having horrible chapters im just so busy & uninspired i promise it'll be back on track later on

SO the weddings coming up soon!! im excited to write about that i hope yall like it<3

ok so i dont really have a good excuse for not uploading. it was my birthday on the 7th so i was really busy that whole week but besides that its just me being lazy ksjddjjd i hope yall like this chapter tho

i love reading y'all's comments so leave something it'll make my day !!

and see u in the next chapter hopefully SOON

- z