19

Year Four

Five more minutes. Five more minutes until the Yule Ball. Y/n looked in the mirror, even she had to admit it herself, she looked absolutely stunning. Her h/c hair was down and slightly curled. Her e/c eyes glittered with happiness. And most importantly, her outfit was amazing. After Sirius had bought Y/n the perfect dress, she started to buy some accessories. Y/n held the baby blue flower bouquet in her hand, admiring the way it went with her dress flawlessly. Just then, a knock came at her door. Sirius.

Y/n opened the door, smiling. But the person she saw was certainly not Sirius, it was Potter. Y/n tried to slam the door shut, but Potter held it open. "We need to talk. Meet me at the Black Lake after the ball." Potter muttered seriously, and then just walked away without another word. Y/n closed the door and rolled her eyes. Probably some disrespectful prank. About one or two more minutes passed, and Y/n heard another knock at the door. Ugh, that Potter.

Y/n opened the door, but instead of Potter, the person standing right in front of her was Sirius. He was wearing a black tuxedo, with a baby blue flower on his chest. "Y/n- you look- beautiful!" Sirius exclaimed. Y/n blushed and smiled. "By the way, I mean that in the most platonic way ever." Sirius added, and the two started to laugh. "You look very handsome yourself, Padfoot." Y/n complimented. Sirius smiled and stuck out his arm. Y/n linked her arm with his arm, and the couple made their way down to the Yule Ball.

Once the pair had arrived at the ball, all eyes turned to Y/n. Some gasped, some just stared in disbelief. For Y/n L/n, was the most beautiful person at the Yule Ball that night. Sirius lifted Y/n's hand and kissed it, and the pair slowly walked down the stair, arm in arm. All of the students were already dancing to the slow, peaceful song that was playing. Y/n put her arms around Sirius' neck, and Sirius put his arms around Y/n's waist. Sirius and Y/n began to dance in sync with all the others, it was honestly a little bit boring. Occasionally, the boys would lift the girls off of the ground and spin around, which was okay.

As soon as the slow music stopped and the quick, upbeat music started to play, Y/n felt much more excited now. A concert of young boys started to sing, and all of the students started to scream and laugh. Y/n had suddenly started to regret wearing all of this jewelry, because she was dancing like there was no tomorrow. So was Sirius. Y/n caught a few glimpses of her friends, Potter was of course with Evans, Peter was with a girl that Y/n did not recognize, and so was Remus.

Y/n and Sirius were having the time of their lives. They were both dancing, and laughing, and joking together. Seriously, Y/n couldn't have been happier. Sirius was the best at partying, everybody knew that. But today was different, this wasn't a party. It was a perfect opportunity to make Potter jealous. The music began to slow down again, and some students started to sit down for a small break. "Let's go see how the other Marauders are doing." Sirius suggested. Y/n nodded, and followed Sirius to where Evans and Potter were sitting. "So, uh, how's the ball going for you?" Y/n asked, in an attempt to be nice,

Evans smiled, Y/n couldn't tell if it was a fake smile. "It's going great." Evans said. "James? What about you?" Sirius asked. Potter snapped out of what seemed to be a deep thought. "Oh, really fun." he said. "I'm going to check on Moony. See you there." Y/n said, as she made her way to see Remus. "How's the ball going for you, Remus?" Y/n asked happily. "Would be better if I had spent more time with you guys." he said. "Aww, well, thanks." Y/n added.

After some more dancing and partying, the ball had come to an end. Y/n had to say, it was the best. But now that the ball was over.. she needed to meet Potter at the Black Lake. What he needed, Y/n had no idea. After her goodbyes to the Marauders and especially Sirius, Y/n went to her dorm room to change for her talk with Potter.

After about five minutes, Y/n walked down to the Black Lake, her favourite spot. As expected, Potter was standing and waiting right there. Y/n coughed. "Hello, Potter." she muttered. "Y/n.. I don't know where to begin.. oh my God.." Potter began. Y/n gave Potter a stern look, just for the fun of it. Although, she did notice, Potter called Y/n by her first name. Weird. "Well?  What is it?" Y/n said impatiently. This was her chance to annoy Potter as much as possible. "Y/n.. I'm sorry." Potter muttered.

WOAH. What? James Potter, the most egotistical and selfish boy in the entire school.. apologizing?!? Y/n couldn't believe it. She smiled, in disbelief. Potter then continued to speak. "I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for moving on from you without saying one word. I'm sorry for finding a girlfriend that is nothing compared to you. It's just- my life is so different without you." Oh god. Here comes the cheesy apology. Y/n stifled a snicker. "And what do you mean by that?" she asked. "I mean.. well.. Alright Y/n. I know what you're thinking. 'Haha! Potter is apologizing! I'm going to make fun of him and then go back to Sirius and leave Potter here!'" Potter said, mimicking Y/n. "And if you do think that.. you might as well leave now." Potter continued, now in his own regular voice.

"No.. continue." Y/n said, which took Potter by surprise. "What I'm trying to say, Y/n, is.. I really do like you. More than a friend." Potter continued. This time, Y/n just had to laugh out loud. "So, it makes sense to you to leave your crush and go date some other girl?! Nice try, Potter!" Y/n exclaimed, her voice slightly rising. Potter's expression changed from sadness, to slight anger. "Maybe I was stupid! Maybe, I was dumb! Maybe, I couldn't realize that the most beautiful girl on the planet was right there for me!" Potter yelled. "Maybe you WERE stupid! You chose that Evans over me Potter, and there's nothing you can do about it anymore. So, maybe you could skip your way back to you're beautiful girlfriend and leave me alone!" Y/n shouted back. "Huh Potter? Looks like you were dumb. Why did you choose her over me, well guess what! There's no more excuses. Goodbye, James Potter." Y/n continued. Potter was silent for a second, but then he shouted again.

"Maybe it's because I love you!"

-

cliffhanger!! hahahhaa
all characters/storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones I made up :>.
what's your favourite harry potter movie? mine are prisoner of azkaban and deathly hallows part 2 :)
instagram - zaina.caesar
polyvore - panicatthemcdonalds