43

Year Seven

The Marauders had been planning a huge prank, as today had been their last day at Hogwarts, and of course, their legacy must live on. Now I know, I know. Fireworks, again? Maybe the firework prank was getting a bit old for the Marauders, but it was their tradition, for sure. Plus, I mean, who doesn't love fireworks?!

The Marauders felt like a prank was needed purely to lighten the gloomy old mood of the castle, and to let everyone know the Marauders' legacy would never ever die. Even if today was their last day. They could pull one last prank, right? For memory's sake.

Am I going to tell you what the prank even is? Well.. nah. I'll just let it play out for you.

- t i m e s k i p -

"Alright boys, is everything in order? Remember, this has to be amazing, you know, since it's our last prank.." Y/n asked, her voice trailing off at the end of her sentence. Our last prank. Well, I mean, of course the Marauders could have tons of pranks after school had ended.. but this prank was their last in Hogwarts.

The last prank with an audience of thousands of students, the last prank with a ton of applause at the end, the last prank leading to a detention.

Nope. No, the Marauders just weren't ready to say goodbye.

I mean, Hogwarts was literally their home! For seven years! They weren't prepared to just.. leave! Sure, yeah, nobody likes school and studying. That's including the Marauders. But Hogwarts, everything about it was just absolutely amazing. Anyways, I'll stop rambling now. Let's get on with it and see what the Marauders had planned for Hogwarts.

-

As always, the students of the school were in their classes. Sure, it was the last day, but it definitely wasn't summertime yet! And as always, the Marauders had snuck out. How, you ask? Honestly, I don't even know at this point. The five of them just do their thing.

At this point, the professors themselves were just used to the Marauders sneaking out. Usually they would give the group a detention, but this time the teachers had let it slide. They knew that the Marauders were unhappy about leaving Hogwarts, so might as well let them have their fun, right?

Anyways. The Marauders had sneaked their way out of class successfully, only to meet each other at the Black Lake.

"Okayyy! Are we all prepared?" Remus began, looking at each and every one of the Marauders.

"I have the fireworks!" Sirius exclaimed excitedly, as he winked at Remus. Remus rolled his eyes.

"I got all of our time in check; we have 55 minutes for this." James stated, proud of himself.

"I have.. the, uh, encouragement?" Y/n said, tilting her head. All the Marauders really needed for this prank was fireworks and time.

"Okay ladies, let's do this!" James shouted, earning a laugh from Sirius and an eye-roll from Remus.

"Too bad Pete won't be here for this. I hope he's alright." Y/n said, looking down. As of course, Peter was nowhere to be seen. James and Y/n had already contacted Dumbledore about his absence, and he had sent out a search party to find Peter. No luck yet, but the Marauders surely were hoping.

Yeah, as I mentioned previously, Peter had been acting strange. Really strange. The Marauders were just a little bit too busy to notice.

"Okay okay okay okay, let's just do this and get it over with so we don't get ourselves in trouble yet again." Y/n chuckled, running to the side of the castle where the prank was anticipated to begin.

And so it began. Sirius stood his ground right near the window of Charms class, and off he set the first firework.

Obviously, it was a weak firework. One that would go just as far as the castle's window, to confuse some students. You see, the Marauders' goal wasn't to harm anybody, but it was just to seriously confuse a lot of people.

Remus nodded at Sirius, as a way to tell him to fire off another firework. And so he did. This firework went a little bit higher, and more students had seen it this time. Some of the curious Hufflepuffs lined up at the window to see where the distractions were
coming from, but there was nothing to be seen as the Marauders had ran away to another window.

Every 5 minutes or so, the Marauders would run to a new window of the castle, light a firework, and run away once students got suspicious. Setting off a firework every 5 minutes was starting to get a little bit annoying, but believe me, it was all totally worth it once you see the looks on those confused students' faces.

"Guys! Guys, I'm out of fireworks. We gotta run, before a professor finds us." Sirius exclaimed, grinning as he began to walk smugly towards the entrance of the castle.

"He's right, for once. I mean, do we really want to get a detention on the l- on the end of the year?" Remus stated, trying to avoid having to say "last day of school", since even Remus wasn't ready for all of it to end.

James and Y/n shared a glance and Y/n nodded.

"Ugh, fine. Let's go." James said, a stubborn expression showing up on his pale face. Funny, every time Y/n
looked at James, his face had barely changed from first year. He still had the bold square glasses, the messy black hair which, now she had thought of it, had grown even messier, and the mischievous smile that grew on his face every time he was ready to start some trouble.

The couple high-fived each other as they began to walk behind Remus and Sirius towards Hogwarts.

"We've done it, boys! Our first prank where we didn't get in trouble, and where nobody's hurt!" Y/n exclaimed jokingly, chuckling.

"And, uh, also our last prank." Remus muttered, stating the sad truth.

"SHUT UP!" shouted Sirius, James and Y/n all at once.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING RECENTLY!! I'VE BEEN SO BUSY AND UNINSPIRED BUT WE'RE FINALLY BACK ON TRACK BOYS

and uhhhhh sorry for the boring chapter i promise it'll get better in the next ones

as usual, any theories/predictions, comment them! i love reading them jsjsj

see you next time !

- zaina <3