38

Year Seven
-
previously
-
He handed the ring back to James. "She's going to love it. I can promise you that." Sirius whispered, smiling at James and finally leaning back. James nodded, smiling. "I might, uh, ask, sometime this week. I mean, I have the question ready and everything." he stated, slipping the ring safely into his pocket. Sirius nodded excitedly. "Yes!" he exclaimed.

"What are you guys talking about?" an enthusiastic voice asked from behind James and Sirius, the unmistakable voice of Y/n L/n.

-

"OH! Hey l-love! We were just talking about-uh, N.E.W.T.S! You see, love, that's why I'm in the library." James immediately lied.

Sirius smiled and nodded quickly. Y/n slowly raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. That's it. James was in some real trouble.

"James Potter? Studying? Aw, Prongs, finally!" Y/n exclaimed, taking a seat.

James and Sirius let out a huge breath. I guess they were safe for now. James smiled, looking back down at his parchment paper of work. Soon, he would be married to the love of his life. Soon, he would finally be able to start a whole new life with Y/n. Soon.

- m e a n w h i l e -

It was coming up to the end of the year. Y/n didn't know if she was happy or sad about that. Both? Well, she hated schoolwork, that was one thing. Despite the fact that she did great in it, she just didn't enjoy it.

But, Y/n loved Hogwarts itself with her whole heart. The people, the settings, the coziness, she just loved that place. It was her home, same went to the rest of the Marauders.

Y/n had been laying in bed as all of these thoughts crossed her mind. Finally, though, she had drifted asleep at the late time of 1:00 AM. Worst case scenario, the Marauders could just wake her up the next morning with a pillow or something.

Anyways, Y/n, as always, had a dream when she fell asleep. As always, again, the same dream. The same, old, reoccurring dream. It was almost haunting. The dream with the pale boy, with dark hair, e/c ey- oh, well you know the drill.

This boy would not stop showing up in her dreams. But as you know, I only ever talk about Y/n's dreams.

What you don't know, is that James has had these dreams as well. The same dreams, with the same boy, and the same reoccurrences.

James had been asleep for a couple of hours now, and for all of these hours he had been having the same dream. In the dream, there was a young boy. Seemed to be around the age of.. maybe eleven. Anyways, this boy had looked pretty damn similar to James. Black hair, pale skin, glasses, name it, you have it. Except for the eyes. Y/n's e/c eyes.

The dream took place at Platform 9 3/4. The young boy was boarding the train as he waved at James. James looked around at his surroundings. To his right. was a young lady, maybe the age of 30. This lady had h/c hair, e/c eyes (just like the young boy), and s/c skin. James glanced at her for a moment, and then it clicked to him. This lady was Y/n.

James jerked awake when he came to this realization. So many thoughts were flooding his head. Were James and Y/n married? Was that their child? Oh my god, was that their child?

James put his hands to his face and groaned. He didn't want to be in the future. James wanted to live in the moment, appreciate what was happening around him now. He didn't ever dwell on the past, and he certainly never had dwelled on the future.

- t i m e s k i p -

A couple of weeks had passed, and it was finally the beautiful month of June. You know what this meant; the end of the year was coming by. Well, for the Marauders, it wasn't only the end of the year for them, but the end of their time at Hogwarts. Oh, how they'd miss it there. Surely they would have to visit sometime, right? The Marauder's legacy would always live on.

Y/n L/n had been packing her bags, as there was exactly 4 days left of her time at Hogwarts. As each day passed, she would become more and more, almost sad. She didn't want to leave, believe it or not. Little did she know, though, none of the Marauders wanted to leave, either.

Anyways, as Y/n packed her bags, she heard a knock on her door. "Come in!" she shouted, not too loud, as she lightly closed her trunk. The door creaked open, making an unsettling noise, and Sirius walked in.

 "Don't miss out, M/n! There's a huge party in the Great Hall, purely because, uh.. Let's just say James and I did a little bit of bribing." he exclaimed, grabbing Y/n's hand and pulling her up. 

"Let's go!" she exclaims, excitement immediately overcoming her. A party? In the Great Hall? Surely a surprise, and surely a little bit odd, but hey! Must be a blast! And Y/n was 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 one to miss out on a party. Never ever, not once. 

So Sirius & Y/n made their way downstairs to the Great Hall, and as expected, there were about 500 people partying and having a great time. The table had been moved to the side of the Hall, so there had been more space. Remus and Peter were there waiting for Y/n, but James was nowhere to be seen. Sirius had told her that he went to the bathroom. Y/n dismissed it, expecting him to come back soon.

"Ugh, Prongs is taking, like, 3 hours in there. I'll be right back, guys. Enjoy the party!" Sirius exclaimed, proceeding to rush away. 

- j a m e s - 

James paced back and forth in his empty dorm room. This was the night. This was the night he was going to propose to Y/n.

-

CLIFFHANGER :)

sorry for not updating so much!! i'll start to update more often i pROMISE but i mean this story is coming to an end anyways lmao

thank you guys sO much for 32K reads!! i can't believe it!! i appreciate EVERY single one of you reading this!! from now and on i'll reply to every single comment purely because i'm bored loL

anyways i hope you enjoyed the chapter, cya next time!!

- z