46

-

Y/n smiled at him, this time it was a really happy smile. She looked out the window, as she had always done every time she was on the Hogwarts Express.

The train started to move, slowly gaining speed. James held Y/n's hand.

The Marauders were finally ready to start a new life.

-

And so was Lord Voldemort.

-

Peter Pettigrew had been gone for far too long now. The Marauders didn't know how they could reach him, but they had tried just about everything. Peter Pettigrew, in the Marauders' words, had vanished.

But was he really gone?

Absolutely not.

Peter Pettigrew had been living his life as a loyal servant to you know who, Voldemort. Peter had known that Voldemort had not grown his, army, yet, but he knew that this man was not going to give up any time soon.

Peter had not forgotten the Marauders, oh of course not. He knew and was aware of the fact that he had just mysteriously vanished. Did he feel bad? Well, kind of. He loved the Marauders, but he knew that what he was doing now was more important to him. It was up to the point that if it ever came to it, he would betray them for Voldemort.

-

And here they were. James, Y/n, Remus and Sirius, on the Hogwarts Express. For the last time. Y/n could almost perfectly remember how sad she was when the train first started to move. She remembered how she could see Hogwarts, slowly but surely drifting away into the fog as the train gained speed.

The train was about to come to a stop, and the ride wasn't exactly the most exciting experience of their lives. The Marauders had tried to make it fun, you know, since it was the last time they would be boarding this train, but the sadness of leaving Hogwarts just hung in the air like some type of unavoidable disease. But, still, it wasn't bad. 

The Marauders talked about nothing, everything, anything. Anything to get their minds off of the fact that they were leaving Hogwarts. Y/n was just glad that the ride wasn't completely silent. That  would have been depressing.

But now, there was only about ten or fifteen minutes left until they arrived at the train station. How to kill the time? Well, the last thing that the Marauders wanted to do in the whole world at this very moment, was talk about the fact that they've graduated. Anything but that.

"So, uh, you guys excited for the wedding?" Sirius awkwardly asked, shifting in his seat next to Remus. 

"Excited? Excited? Padfoot, I'm ecstatic." James replied, giving a loving look to Y/n. She smiled. "Me too. I honestly can't even believe it. It's like this dream that I've always wanted to come true but I just didn't know it. Gonna be super hard to plan, though." Y/n added, resting her head on James' shoulder.

"You two, I honestly am so surprised that the both of you finally broke out of that stubborn shell and got together. I thought you guys would just be on and off forever." Remus began, letting out a chuckle. James rolled his eyes playfully.

"Oh come on, out of all people, Remus, you were probably the first one to know that Y/n and I were head over heels for each other." James said, smiling while raising his eyebrows. Y/n nodded.

"Uhh, nope! Remember the first day we met, James? When I saw you and Y/n sitting next to each other right on this very train looking like a bunch of love birds, and I asked if you were dating? Obviously, I was the first to know that you two were fallen for each other." Sirius sassily stated. 

"Oh, man, he's right. Sorry Moony." Y/n jokingly said. Sirius smiled, and Remus rolled his eyes.

"Ah, yes, the day we met. Such an iconic day. Little did we know where we'd end up in seven years, two of us dating, one of us missing, and the other two of us engaged. Crazy." James said dreamily, he was clearly in thought, remembering the day that he met the love of his life. Cheesy, right?

Y/n anxiously nodded, holding James' hand. James looked at her in a confused matter, and then she began to speak. 

"One of us missing... Guys, I really am worried about Peter. Where has he gone? I feel like we're not worrying about this enough. Am I overreacting? I think I might be overreacting. Oh, Go-" Y/n began to panic, but James interrupted her. 

"Y/n. It's okay, love. He can't be in trouble. I mean, we all know Peter, right?! His animagus is literally a rat! He can get himself out of any situation!" he said, trying to comfort Y/n.

Y/n took a few deep breaths. She really and truly did care about Peter. He was one of her best friends. He was a Marauder. She couldn't lose him, he was like a brother to her. 

You see, Y/n knew James better than any of the Marauders. And the Marauders knew James pretty damn well. But, while James was trying to comfort Y/n, she saw some worry in his eyes. James wasn't calm about the situation either. James was terrified for Peter. He just didn't want Y/n to feel that terrible fear too. 

 And just before the Marauders knew it, the Hogwarts Express slowly but surely came to a stop.

-

You see, it kind of took them by surprise. They were so deep in conversation, they felt like the train ride was going to last forever. But, it didn't. The train had stopped, and that meant the Marauders had to finally leave, for good. 

They actually didn't leave their seat right away, unlike most of the other students on the train. The Marauders sort of just sat there for a moment, looking at each other with expressions full of surprise, confusion, and sadness. Sadness because they knew they would probably never get the chance to be on this train again. Confusion, because, what happened?

The first to speak was Remus.

"Shall we?" he muttered, not even wanting to leave the train himself.

"Yeah." Y/n whispered, her voice hoarse. Sirius and James only nodded.

The Marauders got out of their train compartment. They gathered their trunks, and began to exit the train. Y/n was the last to leave it, slowly stepping out of the train and on to the concrete floor of the King's Cross Station.

And there they were. The Marauders, standing in the middle of the train station, just watching the Hogwarts Express slowly go away.

"So, where to now?" James asked.

-

HIIIIIIII SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING FOR SO LONG AA I'VE BEEN SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND THEATRE AND EVERYTHING SORRY SORRY

okay SO!! i've never done this before but i need some suggestions from you all, the readers.

should I make this have a sad ending with you know who doing you know what? or should i make it a happy ending? it would be more accurate with the sad ending but i've just grown so attached to writing these characters you know? so leave your suggestions!!! 

along with that, don't forget to comment your theories and or predictions!!

love u guys and as always see u in the next chapter!!

 - z