66

-

"You 'can't' do this? Y/n, you can do anything. Come on, we're having a baby. This is one of the biggest days of our lives, Y/n, we're going to be a family." he said, gently placing a hand on Y/n's cheek. This had touched her heart, it made her feel a little bit better. Before she got the chance to say anything, James spoke again.

"Either way, now's not the time. I need to get you to the hospital!" 

-

Remus was a mess. He thought he would feel better the next day, but the whole day had passed and nothing had changed. If anything, he felt worse. He knew he needed to apologize to Sirius, whether Sirius would accept it or not. Remus messed up badly this time, and he was willing to do anything in his power to fix it. 

Sirius, on the other hand, felt a little bit emotionless. Numb. He didn't know what to feel. It was like all of his anger, sadness, and confusion, had melted away into a big layer of nothing. Sirius was having trouble focusing on Remus, well, he was having trouble focusing on anything at all. He had never felt like this. 

But, Sirius knew to not blame himself over what happened. That was one thing he was sure of. All he wanted to do was ask Remus if everything was okay, and Remus blew up on him. In no way was that Sirius' fault. And because of that, Sirius was ready to be stubborn. He was sure that he would not try to fix things with Remus, because in all honesty, he did not even want to talk to Remus right now.

Sirius might make an effort if Remus were to apologize, but the chances of that happening were below zero. Which is why Sirius was trying his very best to forget about Remus.

Forget about Remus... That didn't sound right at all. Sirius couldn't just forget about Remus. He could never. Because underneath all of Sirius' complicated emotions, he still had very strong feelings for Remus. He was just trying to push them aside.

Sirius was so engulfed in his thoughts, that he didn't even hear the phone ring when James called him with important news.

--

Remus was driving to the hospital. After James had called him telling him that Y/n was going into labour, he had to see them. Obviously he was in no rush, as it's not like the baby was just born, but Remus was still so excited and happy to see his friends reach such an important milestone in their lives.

The room that Y/n was in only allowed two visitors at a time (besides James, of course,) so Remus had to emotionally prepare himself to see Sirius.

But when Remus got up to the room, Sirius was nowhere to be found. There was only a very happy couple who was about to have a baby. 

"Moony!" James shouted in a childish sort of way, as he came in to hug Remus. No reason, he just felt like it. "I can't believe this is happening, you guys, I'm so incredibly happy for you!" Remus exclaimed, trying to sound like nothing was wrong, as he accepted James' hug.

Y/n seemed exhausted. "Hi Moony... Thanks so much, you have any idea where Sirius is?" she muttered.

Oh boy.

What was Remus going to do? Tell them he didn't know? Tell them that he got into a fight with him? Well, that would ruin their happy mood. But, they deserved to know the truth.

"Uhh, well, you see, Sirius and I had a little argument. I'm sorry, but in all honesty I don't even know where he is." Remus said, and his voice slightly broke. No. He was not about to break down in front of James and Y/n, not right now. But the devastated expressions on their faces almost made him want to.

"Remus, I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it?" James immediately said, in a very gentle and comforting tone. He knew Remus too well, and he could tell when something was really bothering him. 

"I- No, I don't think I'm quite ready to. But thank you. If anything, Sirius is the one who deserves the apology. I just- I don't know what to do, you guys. Sorry to ruin the mood in here." Remus sadly stated, stuttering on every other word. He clenched his fists due to stress.

"Remus, don't be sorry. This is important, and we are always here for you. But believe me, James and I are going to be here for a while. I speak for both of us when I say, you should go find Sirius. And apologize for whatever went wrong. Please. I hate seeing you upset like this." Y/n said, and Remus didn't know what it was, but something in her soothing voice made him feel a little bit better. James nodded in agreement with Y/n as he pushed up his glasses.

"You're right. Sorry for the short visit then, I'll be back soon, and hopefully with Sirius." was the last thing that Remus said before leaving the hospital room and going to his apartment in hopes that Sirius would be back there.

"Those kids, always fighting. Tsk tsk tsk." James goofily said, causing Y/n to playfully slap him on the arm. She stifled a laugh. "Come on James, this could be serious! I hope they end up alright." she responded, hope in her quiet voice.

"Y/n, you know them. They will be okay." James remarked with a kind smile. Of course part of him was a little bit worried about Remus and Sirius. Every other part of him, though, was filled with anxiety and excitement over the fact that he was about to have a baby with Y/n!

--

yayy thanks for being so patient with this chapter! i reallllyyyy hope you guys enjoy it! please leave a comment, i loveee to read them < 3 and hopefully the next chapter will be out soon! what do you think will happen? will y/n have her baby? will sirius and remus make up? will they not? we'll have to see, i guess!!

see you! 

- z  : - )