71

-

"Little Harry Potter," Y/n whispered as she looked back at her baby boy. Such an innocent little child, only in the world for a short amount of time, yet Y/n loved him more than anything in the universe.

-

 James and Y/n were finally back home. James, exhausted, and Y/n, 10 times more exhausted. Harry had stopped crying, so the couple finally had a moment of silence. 

James and Y/n brought Harry upstairs into the nursery that they had decorated. He was way too young to even comprehend where he was, but Harry fell asleep once James set him into his crib. 

The two looked at the sleeping child for a moment. Such peace.

"That's our kid, James." Y/n said, with a soft smile on her face, and so much love in her heart. She was still looking at Harry. 

"Gee, I sure hope it is! Or else we'll have to go back to the hospital!" James joked in a whisper-voice, as to not wake up Harry. Y/n accidentally laughed out loud, though. 

She took James' hand and the two of them quietly walked out of the nursery, leaving the door wide open. 

By the time they got downstairs, there was a knock at the door. Only one person would be knocking at the door at this time. Or, well, two. 

Y/n approached the front door and opened it, only to find Remus and Sirius, both looking incredibly eager and excited to meet baby Harry.

"Y/n! How are you!?" Sirius immediately exclaimed once he saw her face, wrapping her into a big bear hug. Remus joined the hug too, as he was just as excited to see his best friends.

"Hi guys! I'm great!" Y/n was feeling great, that was true, but physically, she was on the verge of falling asleep.

Remus and Sirius also greeted James with much excitement, as those three boys were brothers to each other and this was a huge moment to be celebrating.

"Can we see the baby? Can we?" Remus eagerly asked. It was odd to see a usually calm figure like Remus so jumpy and ecstatic. 

"Of course! He's right upstairs, fast asleep." said James, leading the boys upstairs to where the nursery was. Remus and Sirius had a huge spring in their step, it would have been accurate to say they were just as excited about this baby as James and Y/n were.

"Right in here." Y/n whispered, walking into the cozy nursery and approaching the crib.

Remus and Sirius quietly walked over next to Y/n, and so did James. They all looked at Harry with such admiration. It was quite silly, how they were all peering over the crib which was much shorter than they were.

Before the Marauders knew it, Harry slowly started to wake up. He looked up at the familiar faces of his parents, but he did not recognize the two new faces. Little did he know, those two were his Uncle Remus and Uncle Sirius. 

"Hi! Hi- wait, what did you call him again?" Sirius asked apologetically, not looking up.

"Harry." said James and Y/n, in unison, yet again.

"Oh, yeah! Hi, Harry!" Sirius whispered, giving a little wave to Harry. 

"'Harry Potter', what a fitting name. Who chose that one?" Remus asked, as he looked up at Y/n. He was pretty sure it was her who chose the name.

"I did. Don't tell anyone, but Y/n and I were sort of hoping for a boy." James said, as a gentle smile grew on his face. He looked so... content. 

Harry yawned.

"Awwwwwww!" said all four Marauders. Y/n and James finally looked up from Harry, only to look at each other. Y/n quickly kissed him, causing a small blush to rise to James' face.

"AWWWWWWWW!" said only Remus and Sirius this time. They were quite loud, now that the baby was awake. Y/n laughed and rolled her eyes.

She gently picked up Harry. He was very calm, it seemed like he was still a little bit tired.

"You guys, wanna hold him?" she asked, quizzically glancing at Remus and Sirius.

The two immediately nodded, and so Y/n slowly handed the tiny baby over to Sirius.

Sirius awkwardly held Harry, looking at him like he was an angel. Harry, on the other hand, was looking at Sirius like he was some sort of leprechaun. 

"Hi Harry, I'm your Uncle Sirius! Don't worry.. I'm not like one of those creepy uncles. Now, the one you wanna watch out for, is Uncle Remus over there. He's rea-" 

"HEY!" exclaimed Remus, before Sirius could even finish his sentence. Sirius, James and Y/n all burst out in laughter.

Sirius now handed Harry over to Remus. Remus held him with no problem, and Harry closed his eyes again. 

"He is so... light." was all Remus said. James chuckled.

"Well, what did you expect??" he sarcastically responded. Remus rolled his eyes, and Sirius stifled a laugh. 

"I think he's still sort of sleepy. I'm going to put him back in his crib, maybe he'll go back to sleep." Y/n stated, and Remus carefully handed the small baby back to her. 

When Harry was back in his crib, he was almost already asleep.

The four Marauders went back downstairs, once again leaving the door wide open.

"Well, I really cannot believe it. You two crazy kids... now have your own crazy kid! Oh, the chaos!" Sirius chuckled, as he took a seat on the couch in the living room.

Remus sat next to him. "Oh, leave them alone. James and Y/n will be great parents. Right, guys?" he said, defending the two.

James and Y/n looked at each other, and then back at Remus.

"I mean, of course we will be! Little Harry is going to be known all over the world for having the best parents ever." said James, with a smile in his voice. Y/n nodded in agreement, resting her head on his shoulder.

Before the boys knew it, Y/n was asleep next to James. She was leaned against him on the couch, meaning James was now stuck there for however long Y/n was going to be asleep for.

"Well, congratulations, James. Really. Harry there is going to be one lucky kid." said Sirius, getting up so he could prepare to leave.

"Yeah, congrats. Can't wait to watch the little guy grow up." Remus added, as he also stood up. 

"Thanks, you two. I'll see you soon." James kindly said, not getting up as so he wouldn't wake up Y/n.

Before he even realized, James was asleep as well. 

-

WOW IM SO SORRY FOR TAKING FOREVER TO UPDATE! SCHOOL HAS BEEN ON MY BACK LIKE CRAZYYYYY AND I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!

i realllyyy hope you like this chapter, i think it's pretty cute and i hope you guys do too.

leave a comment, i'd love to read them!

peace out,

- z

ALSO ALSO THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THIS STORY HITTING 200K READS!

never would i have EVER expected this story to blow up in this way! i literally cannot thank you all enough, you made this possible! i love you!!