40

Year Seven

- p r e v i o u s l y -

James gripped Y/n's hand tight, he had to ask the question soon, now. Now was his time, now was perfect.

"Hey, Y/n?"

-

Y/n looked away from the breathtaking sunset to look at James. "What?" she asked, turning her body towards James once she saw the nervous expression on his face. James knew that this was it. No more excuses, no more stalling, now was the time to get over himself and propose already.

James had practiced this so many times. Countless times. He couldn't bear to mess this up. He wouldn't, he couldn't. James realized that he had been lost in his own thoughts, and Y/n was waiting patiently. She knew that when James went silent, something was wrong. As of course, James never went silent. He finally owned up and began to speak. When he started, he realized he had forgotten all of his lines that he practiced so hard to remember, and now he was just winging it.

"Y/n, I can't wait anymore. We've known each other for seven years, and I will never regret one moment that we have ever spent together. It's these moments that make me appreciate and love every single little thing about you. It's these moments that give me happiness in every day. It's these moments that make me want to spend the rest of my life with you." James got down on one knee. He pulled out the ring.

"Y/n, will you marry me?"

Y/n put her hand over her mouth. Her eyes widened in shock. All those years, all that time, led up to this one moment. Y/n L/n was speechless. She could only stand there in shock and stare, an unforgettable smile spreading across her face.

"So?" James whispered, the sun shining on his face as the same smile appeared on his face, too.

"James, oh my God James! Of course!" Y/n exclaimed, tears forming in her eyes. She couldn't believe it, no way. James Potter, the one boy that she would have never expected to marry just about six years ago, now proposing?

James, too, seemed to be tearing up as he took the small ring out of the velvet box and placed it on Y/n's hand. He picked her up by the waist, spun her around, and shared a passionate kiss with her that he had been waiting so long for.

In between the kiss, James mumbled a quick "I love you so much.". Y/n couldn't help but beam. "I love you more." she stated. Y/n surely did have some amazingly happy moments in her time at Hogwarts, but nothing could top this moment. Nothing could ever top this moment.

"I can't believe this," Y/n whispered to herself. James only smiled, set her down, but didn't let go of her waist. "Neither can I, and I mean that. You know, eleven year old me would have never done this. But now, nearly eighteen year old me, well, I really have never been happier." James stated quietly, resting his forehead on Y/n's forehead. 

Y/n smiled. "James, I really really am shocked, I mean, I don't know, this was so.. unexpected, and I'm just so unbelievably incredibly ecstatic. I hope you know that," she added, failing to hold back a little bit of tears.

Y/n sat down on the dry grass and admired the sunset. James took a seat next to her, and so she rested her head on his shoulder. "Can't believe I fell in love with a goof like you." Y/n whispered. James shrugged. "Can't believe I fell in love with a goof like YOU." he claimed, grinning.

Y/n rolled her eyes, messing James' unruly hair up as a question crossed her mind.

"Are we going to tell the other Marauders any time soon?" Y/n continued, curiously looking at James.

James grinned, which soon turned into a laugh. "Love, you do realize that they all know already, right? You really think I would just dive into this without telling my best friends?" he said, chuckling.

"Ohhh, James, you little shit. Don't tell me this is why you have been acting so strange recently! And the party- oh my God I'm so oblivious sometimes. Did you.. did you really plan that whole party for me?" Y/n exclaimed, curiosity creeping into her voice.

"Truly was the least I could do." James muttered right before leaning in for another kiss. Y/n placed her two hands on James' face, happiness still overcoming her. The two pulled away, catching their breath.

The sunset was almost over, as almost two hours had passed and it was getting dark.

"Back to the castle?" Y/n asked, glancing at James.

"Back to the castle."

-

James and Y/n walked back to the castle, hand in hand. They talked about nothing, everything, anything.
Y/n was never one to believe in soulmates, but somehow, somehow she just knew that James was hers. She was now the fiancée of James Potter, the one boy that she would choose over any other no matter what.

As the couple arrived to the castle, they had took notice that the party that James had planned was still alive and thriving as ever. Nobody had left, instead the amount of people had seemed to have grown.

James looked at Y/n. "Ready?"

She nodded. "Ready."

-

hiyaaa hoped you liked this chapter!! it kinda sucked but whatever lmaO see you next chapter!!

- z