28

Year Six

"Okay, can somebody please tell me what the hell is going on here?" Remus asked, as he looked down at the table full of old parchment, ripped newspapers, leftover pumpkin pasties, and tons of spilled ink. The Marauders had been planning the map that they had been talking about for so long, and they were actually trying. Sirius shrugged. "Progress, Moony. Progress is happening." James replied with a goofy smile. Remus rolled his eyes, regretting life decisions.

"Ooooookayyyy, uh, where do we begin for creating this dumb map?" Y/n asked, taking out her wand. "No idea." Peter muttered, facepalming. "God, do I have to do everything here? Obviously we need to start off with a piece of parchment, smart ones." Remus stated sarcastically. "Right." mumbled James. Y/n thought for a moment. "Ooh, I know!" she exclaimed, followed by her running off to her dormitory.

"Are we gonna follow her, or-" Sirius began, but was interrupted by Y/n sprinting back down the stairs. "Here, it's from my drawing notebook." she announced, slamming the large piece of beige parchment on the table. "Well, this works. Thanks, n/n." Remus said, examining the soon-to-be Marauders Map. "Well, we have a lot of work to do." James stated, and the rest of the chilly Sunday was spent with the Marauders thinking of crazy spells, ideas, and names for their new invention.

- time skip brought to you by stranger things deserved the golden globe award -

Y/n walked down the stairs of Hogwarts, holding hands with James as the rest of the Marauders followed closely. Standing at every corner of the castle, were beautiful Christmas trees, decorated with every ornament possible. "So, you guys staying here for the holidays?" Sirius asked. James shook his head. "Honestly Sirius, don't you think we can pull so many pranks if we stay here?" he exclaimed, holding back a laugh. "True, true." Sirius replied.

Even though James and Y/n had apologized to each other, him and Sirius haven't seemed to talk about anything yet. Obviously they were still a little bit awkward around one another, but it just made Y/n feel worse. She just thought she would leave it up to the boys.

- aNoThEr time skip brought to you by reddie -

*y/n isn't included in this part*

James and Sirius were hanging out together in the Gryffindor common room, they had a free period. Y/n was asleep, Remus was studying, and Peter was, whatever. But for now, it was just Sirius and James. Neither of them had mentioned, well, it's obvious by this point, isn't it? Anyways, James had decided to finally speak up about all of the fourth year mayhem.

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "So, uh, Padfoot.. could I ask you something?" James asked. Sirius nervously raked his hands through his dark hair. "I know, it's about Y/n. Look, I'm sorry man. It was a terrible thing to do, and it was my fault." he muttered, trying to keep James on his good side.

"No, it's alright I guess, but that wasn't my question." James continued. Sirius mentally slapped himself. "Go on?" he said. James took a deep breath. "Well, I wanted to know, was it actually Y/n's idea? Was she the one who wanted to fake-date you?" he said clearly. At that moment, Sirius knew, he screwed up. Although, he didn't want to lie to his best friend. So, Sirius told James the truth.

- Meanwhile, in Y/n's dormitory - (no, this isn't a time skip, it's happening at the same time.)

Y/n was having a dream. Again. About the same boy. Black hair, e/c eyes, lightning shaped tattoo or whatever it was. Y/n was getting quite bored of seeing the same boy over and over again. But this time, the boy was older. 16 or 17, at least. He was in what seemed to be a dormitory, alone. The boy seemed to be holding an awful lot of stress, as his face was buried in his hands and he was repeatedly tapping his shoe onto the ground. Despite not even knowing this boy, Y/n couldn't help but feel bad for him.

- back in the gryffindor common room!! -

"James, it was my idea." Sirius whispered.

"What?!" James shouted.

"I'm telling you. It was me, and I couldn't be more sorry." Sirius continued, louder this time.

"Uh, I'm going back to the dorm room. I need some time to process that." James said quietly, throwing in a fake smile to convince Sirius. Obviously it didn't work. "James, I'm sorry." Sirius apologized truthfully. James scoffed. "I get it, okay? You're sorry, yada yada yada. I'm going back to the dormitory. Don't follow me, please." James said coldly, as he walked away without a hint of hesitation.

-

James sat down on his bed, holding his face in his hands and tapping his shoe on the floor as he tried to comprehend what he just heard. Sirius, his best friend, had asked out Y/n just to make him jealous? And Y/n took the blame? James was feeling a rollercoaster of emotions, stress, anger, sadness, he was just so confused. He thought of the simpler times, when the Marauders first met each other. No drama, no Y/n problems, and especially no awkward moments.

James remembered his and Y/n's first kiss. He remembered the firework prank that the Marauders did. He remembered the first ever train ride with the Marauders. Eventually, all of these memories brought James to fall asleep. He was having a rather peaceful sleep, until he heard a light knock on his door.

"Go away, Sirius." James shouted, still half-asleep. The door opened anyways. It wasn't Sirius at the door though, it was Y/n.

-

HAH FIRST UPDATE IN 397347 YEARS

okkk see you guys in the next chapter! 💖💓💝 - zaina