34

Year Seven
-
previously
-
Before she knew it, Y/n had fallen asleep right there on the grass. James noticed alright, but he didn't bother to wake her up. He decided to rest for a bit too. Eventually, the both of them were asleep next to each other, dreaming of the wildest realities.

That was until they were awaken by a shout. Remus's voice.

"ARE YOU TWO INSANE?!?!"
-

James and Y/n immediately stood up, staggering as they tried to walk around. "Jesus, we were s-sleeping!" Y/n muttered, putting a hand to her temple as she closed her eyes. James nodded.

"Oh my god, I really can't believe you've done this! Are you actually crazy?" Remus continued, ignoring the couples complains. He paced around in circles quickly.

Despite her being half asleep, Y/n smiled nervously. "Come on, it was funny!" she exclaimed. Remus glared at her. "How?! How, tell me, was it funny?" he asked frantically, crossing his arms. James decided to wake up and reply. "You two are like, totally in love! We had to give you a little pat on the back, right?" he stated, smirking.

Remus grumbled and walked away quickly.

Y/n and James looked at each other, and broke out into yet another fit of laughter.

-

"Uh, we have Transfiguration right now. Let's get going, we better pray Sirius and Remus don't find us." Y/n stated. James smiled and nodded, putting an arm around Y/n. When they got into the Transfiguration class, Peter, Sirius and Remus had already arrived. Peter just smiled, Sirius blushed and looked down, and Remus gave the couple an actual death stare.

James and Y/n took a seat next to Peter, far from Sirius and Remus (who, for your information, were VERY far away from each other).

Class went by fast, all of the Marauders really had no issue with Transfiguration. Although, it was quite hard for Y/n to focus, as James kept chuckling to himself as he thought of the prank that he and Y/n had pulled.

The class ended, and students emptied out of the room. James and Y/n were just about the first ones to leave, they were still trying to avoid Sirius and Remus. Peter tagged along with them, though.

The group of three were walking rather fast. They weren't really trying to go anywhere in particular, just away from Remus and Sirius. Well, let's just say they weren't so lucky with that.

James felt a stiff hand on his shoulder. "Stop right there, you two." said a voice behind him and Y/n. They turned around. And there he was, Sirius, with a blush on his cheeks and confusion in his eyes.

He crossed his arms, looking at James and Y/n. Peter walked away awkwardly. "So?" Sirius asked loudly, tapping his foot.

"Karma's a bitch." Y/n stated, looking at Sirius with a goofy smile on her face.

"Oh my god, I really do hate you guys." he replied, holding back a smile. Clearly he wasn't as mad as Remus.

Sirius wouldn't tell anyone this any time soon, but he was actually very happy about the "prank" that Y/n and James pulled.

Y/n put her arms around the two boys and walked up to the Gryffindor common room, which was empty at the time.

-

"Okay, really though, why did you guys do it?" Sirius said to James and Y/n, a confused look on his face. The three Marauders were in the Gryffindor common room, as the other two were either studying or pranking people.

James shrugged, trying to play dumb. Y/n rolled her eyes, smiling. "Remember, I don't know, year two? Remember the fireworks that you set off? "James X Y/n for life?" Well, James and I are just getting you back." she explained with a smug smile resting on her face, as she leaned back in her bean bag seat. James nodded. Sirius widened his eyes slightly as he raised his eyebrows.

"Well, shit."

The three sat in silence for a little bit. Not awkward silence.. just a relaxing silence.

"D-do you think he likes me back?" Sirius asked, looking down.

James and Y/n didn't even hesitate for a second. "Of course!" they said in sync.

Sirius looked up. He tilted his head a little bit, the expression of denial on his face. He then smiled, possible the biggest that he has ever smiled.

- time skip brought to you by mE! -

Peter and James were out at the Quidditch field, James was flying and Peter was reading a book in the stands. Remus was nowhere to be found, it had seemed he had left the castle. Sirius and Y/n were hanging out together at his dorm room. Y/n was sitting on James's bed, and Sirius was sitting on his own bed. The two were just joking and laughing together.

"You know.. I miss it." Sirius muttered. Y/n tilted her head, looking at him. "Miss what?" she asked, curiosity creeping up on her.

"You. I miss you. Being able to hold your hand and hug you and all that." he whispered. Y/n became flustered. "I thought you liked Remus?" she muttered. blushing.

"I do, I do." Sirius said immediately. "I'm just saying.. it was fun while it lasted. We could have been the best couple if we were, you know, in love." he continued.

Silence crept over the pair for a couple of minutes. Y/n let Sirius's words sink in.

"I'm sorry." she whispered. Sirius furrowed his eyebrows. "Sorry?" he asked, fidgeting with his watch.

"I used you to make James jealous! Best friends don't do that to each other!" Y/n exclaimed, getting angry at herself.

Sirius shook his head. "Y/n.. don't worry about it. You're okay. We're okay. I'm not mad, or sad, or anything of the sort. I've moved on." he said, pulling Y/n into a huge hug. "I've moved on." he repeated quietly.

She hugged Sirius back, burying her head into his shoulder.

-

ok y'all i might make a playlist for this fanfic, what do you think? comment your opinion!
cya in the next chapter ig lol

- zaina, the author