27

Year Six

- y / n -

Y/n L/n paced nervously around her empty dormitory. Today, she wanted to tell James about something that had been bothering her for a while now. Y/n wanted to tell James that her and Sirius was just a quick way to make him jealous. Oh, Y/n felt so bad. She faked having a boyfriend just to be with James. I mean, she really did love him. And James did move on from her without saying one word. But, Y/n had to tell him. She would take the blame herself, without telling Sirius anything.

Y/n sat down on her bed, sighing. She thought of the train ride to Hogwarts, when James revealed the fact that his patronus was a stag. She thought of the map that the Marauders had been planning for years now. Just then, she heard a knock on her dormitory door. "Come in!" Y/n called. The door opened, and Y/n saw the one person she didn't want to see at that moment.

It was James "Hey, n/n. C'mon, Quidditch practice!" Y/n slapped herself in the face. "God, how could I forget? You need to go!" She said, standing up. James smirked, trying not to laugh at Y/n's worried expression. "See you there, then!" He said, shutting the door moments before he burst out into laughter. Y/n got changed into her Quidditch clothes as quick as possible, and raced out to the Quidditch field.

She was greeted by an arguing James and Sirius, while Remus and Peter sat and watched in the stands. "Hey, n/n." Sirius muttered. Y/n smiled and nodded her head at him. "I have good news, Y/n." James said. Y/n didn't care at this point, because half the things James said these days were nonsense. "Enlighten me." Y/n mumbled. James started walking, followed by Y/n. "Well, Quidditch practice is delayed. It'll be back up and running again in around half an hour. You know what that means?! We can prank Snivellus!" he announced. Y/n smiled. "Well, great!" she exclaimed. But at that moment, she realized this was the only time she had to tell James about the whole making-him-jealous thing.

"Hey babe, could I talk to you for a minute or two?" Y/n said, trying to sound as innocent as possible. James nodded, knitting his eyebrows. Y/n took his hand and walked him over to the Black Lake, where it was pretty silent. James began to speak immediately. "Is there anything wrong, Y/n? You know you can tell me anything, right? I swear, if Snivellus is trying to get your attention again-"
Y/n interrupted him. "James! Nothing's wrong! Well, sort of. Maybe, I don't know. I just really need to tell you something." she stuttered. "Ok, enlighten me." James said, trying to imitate Y/n's voice. Y/n gave James a fake smile. "You might wanna sit down for this." She muttered as she sat down on a small nearby boulder.

"Okay. Well. James, I know you're not going to take this well. So in advance, I'm so sorry for this." Y/n began, looking at the ground and fiddling with her hands nervously. "..Go on." James whispered, curiosity getting the best of him once again. "Remember.. remember when you were dating Evans..?" Y/n mumbled. James nodded, slightly tilting his head in confusion. "And, and remember when I was.. when I was dating Sirius?" she continued, still looking at the ground. "Yeah, not gonna lie, I hated that." James joked, trying to lighten the mood. Y/n laughed nervously.

"Well. About that.. uhhh, it was, just.. uh.." Y/n stuttered, getting more and more nervous with each word. "Y/n what was it?" James asked seriously. Y/n took a deep breath and straightened up her posture. "Fake." she said, looking James in the eye. "It was all fake. I wanted to get you jealous. I wanted to get you jealous so we could be together. Because, I love you, alright? All of it was just a horrendous lie. A stupid lie, to get you back to me." Y/n exclaimed, getting angry at herself.

"Oh. I get it. This entire time, you just wanted to keep me to yourself. So you used my best friend as a fake boyfriend, all just to make me jealous. I see how it is. Thanks for nothing." James said, smiling sarcastically, although Y/n could see the horrifying pain in his eyes. Just as James was about to walk away, Y/n grabbed his wrist gently. "James- I'm so sorry. I know, after what I've done, you hate me. It was all my fault. But I truly can't lose you again. I just hope you can think all of this through again." she whispered, getting teary-eyed. She let go of James's wrist, but he didn't walk away.

Y/n sat down on the boulder and started to sob. This wasn't like her. Y/n never let herself be vulnerable like this. She never cried in front of people. And she certainly never allowed her heart to be broken. James stood in front of Y/n for a second. He looked at her. She may have been faking a relationship with Sirius, but she certainly was not faking these tears. He had never seen anybody look as helpless as Y/n did at that very moment. She was emotionally and physically breaking down right in front of him. James sat down next to her.

"You know, I shouldn't have ever started ignoring you out of nowhere. I also shouldn't have started dating Evans like that. Y/n.. I'm sorry too." James muttered, completely breaking his egotistical and daring character. Y/n looked up slowly. She was silent for a second, but then she immediately pulled James into an everlasting, warm hug that the two of them both needed so badly. James patted her back gently, trying to comfort her, although he could feel himself tearing up too.

They pulled away from the hug, and James kissed Y/n on the forehead. "Y/n, you're really smart, but you were really foolish to think I would ever hate you." he whispered. Y/n smiled, never feeling so relieved and happy. "Although, don't think you're off the hook yet. I am so going to tease you and Sirius about this for the rest of your life." James continued. "Okay, James, but don't be surprised when I tell everyone about the time that the Great James Potter cried." Y/n joked. James laughed and stood up, offering Y/n his hand. Y/n took it, and together, the two of them walked back to the Quidditch field.

-

ENRISNURISJFIEJFUEF SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING FOR 700 YEARS
been too busy watching stranger things
#bobdeservedbetter
anyways, I hope y'alls enjoyed the chapter!
ALSO, 11K READS!??! THANK YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH <3 I APPRECIATE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU : )
All characters/storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones I made up,
follow my twitter! i'm planning something pretty big and I'll be posting it on there and on all my other social medias, so don't miss it! (it's @ potterwolfhard)
(I'll post it here too, but not gonna say what it is ;) )
cya in the next chapter!