79

-
It was only going to be a short matter of time before Remus and Sirius heard the news about what happened.
-

Well, that time was now. Remus and Sirius had received a letter from Dumbledore a few days after the incident occurred.
-

The news hit them like a truck.

James and Y/n... gone?

No. No, that simply couldn't be right. It wasn't their time yet. No. No way!

Those were the desperate thoughts running through Remus and Sirius' heads as they were reading the letter from Dumbledore.

After reading, both of them were quiet for a few seconds. What was this? Shock? Denial? The lingering thought that this whole thing could just be one sick joke?

No. This was reality.

Before Remus or Sirius had the opportunity to even say anything, both of them burst out into tears.

They weren't quietly sobbing, but they also weren't loudly bawling. They were crying in a way that could only represent one thing: losing those who are closest to you.

Those who were closest to you.

And so there Sirius and Remus sat, crying for what felt like forever. Realistically, it had only been a few minutes or so before one of them said something.

"I can't understand."

was all that Sirius said.

For once, Remus didn't have anything comforting or wise to respond with. He, too, couldn't understand this at all.

Both of them were still in tears, but way less. The two had barely even been able to comprehend this, much less have a steady reaction to it.

Their best friends... were dead? No. That wasn't right. First of all, James and Y/n were more than just best friends to Remus and Sirius. They were family. And second of all— no way they'd be dead! It just couldn't be!

Right?

Sadly, no.

Remus and Sirius were silent for a few more minutes. Neither of them could even manage to say anything, their thoughts were foggy and incomprehensible. 

What would there even be to say? Remus and Sirius had just lost two of the most important people in their lives, in what seemed to be a flash. One second they were there, and now they were gone. 

Remus and Sirius were not even able to say goodbye to Y/n and James. Who knew that the last time the two had seen them, would be the final time? 

It just wasn't fair. 

In the moment, Remus and Sirius weren't really able to think straight. Who would be able to? In a situation like this, they were handling it better than most. 

-     t h e       n e x t       m o r n i n g   -

Sirius and Remus woke up at roughly the same time. And when they woke up, the same thing happened to them.

 There were a few seconds, right after them waking up, where they had forgotten what happened. They thought it was just going to be another normal day. 

Until their memory refocused, and the truth hit them in the face. 

James and Y/n were gone. 

It was a sad day. The first day of going through life without James and Y/n. It wouldn't be easy. 

Although the two of them were going through their day as they normally would, words could not even begin to describe the pain and sadness that they were feeling on the inside. 

They were mainly in denial, meaning that the full affect of hearing the bad news had not set in yet. Remus and Sirius were convinced that they were still going to talk to James and Y/n. That they would still see their face. Just once more.

They were mistaken.

It would be short period of time before the reality really got Remus and Sirius, and when they had to begin to come to terms with the fact that they had lost their best friends. 

Basically, Remus and Sirius still had barely even began the stages of grieving. It was going to be awfully difficult for them to even get life to feel like it was back to normal, much less move on. 

The next day, the two of them were too upset to even leave their bed. The day after that, they stopped even caring about anything. Stopped caring about moving on, stopped caring about the way their tear-stained pillows felt, and stopped caring about their own well being. 

It was a sad time. 

-

hii thank you soo much for all of your patience regarding the lateness of this chapter!! i'm sure you can understand how busy school can get haha, and that's how things have been for me recently. i truly hope you like this chapter, and i hope it doesn't make you too sad haha!! believe me, it definitely wasn't easy to write lol. 

as usual, please leave some comments!! i absolutely love reading them, even if i don't get to respond to each and every one of them. 

thank you sooooo much for reading, i appreciate it more than words could describe. and see you in the next chapter!! well, the next one MIGHT be the last one, but i'm still figuring some things out so we'll see :) still, see you next time! 

bye byeeeee

- z <3