74

-

It was now just James and Y/n. It felt like everything was breaking apart; this was too much to handle. It was just, unbelievable.

After Sirius left the house, there was a long moment of silence between James and Y/n. Neither of them knew what to say. Was there even anything that could be said?

The two sat in silence for quite a while. It wasn't awkward, no, not at all. Y/n and James were just deeply in thought. Y/n was so zoned out, she didn't even realize the fact that James was quietly crying. 

When she did, she felt her heart break. Y/n had to do something right away, because James didn't deserve this. 

"James, we're going to be fine! It's okay, we're going to be okay, and that's simply the truth." Y/n stated, trying to comfort James in whatever way she could. She looked at James, trying to give him the most reassuring and gentle look that she could.

James looked so sad. Y/n had never seen him like this before. His face, it was tired. His eyes, they were full of hurt. His hair, it was messy. Well, actually, the messy hair wasn't really anything new.

The point is, Y/n could not stand to see her soulmate like this. It broke her. 

James wiped the small tears off of his face with his hand. He looked at Y/n, and forced a small smile. Y/n knew that it wasn't a real one, and James knew that she knew.

"James. We will always be by each other's side, and that is for sure. This whole problem- it's all temporary. I promise! I promise you, James, that one day we will be laughing about this whole thing." Y/n continued, as she began to see James' expression relax a little bit.

James sniffed, and looked at Y/n.

"Y/n, I love you so much. I- I'll be fine. I know you will be, too." He wasn't crying anymore. Well, he wasn't even really crying in the first place. James just felt so utterly hopeless, he didn't even realize the light tears coming out of his eyes. 

Y/n smiled at James and gave him a kiss, causing him to smile. Y/n smiled back, as she could tell that James truly felt a little bit better. 

Again, the two were just sitting in silence. They both knew what was going to happen. They both knew what choice they were going to end up making. It was just a matter of: who's going to admit it?

Out of nowhere, Y/n began to laugh. It was a quiet laugh, with not a lot of truth behind it. 

"...Is everything okay?" James asked, looking at Y/n like she was crazy. Y/n had started to laugh a little bit harder now. A confused expression covered James' face, as he nervously pushed up his glasses.

Y/n was still laughing, but she calmed down so that she could explain her reasoning to James.

"James... it's just that, isn't it quite funny that this had to happen to us? I don't know how to explain it, but, it just feels like we always have some peculiar thing happening to us at all times. And this time, well, we just had horrible luck! I don't even know what to say!" Y/n said in between laughs, looking at a very confused James.

A smile grew on James' face, although he still was not entirely sure about what Y/n was on about.

"I get it." He began to chuckle a little bit, too. 

"It's like we're in some story... the way that something is always going on in our lives. Would be nice if we could just relax, don't you agree?" James exclaimed in a joking manner. He, too, was now laughing quite a bit.

"Exactly!" Y/n exclaimed right away, after James had made his statement.

"You totally understand... I just wish we could catch a break, James!" she continued, as her laughter began to die down a little bit. James was smiling at her, but Y/n didn't notice.

She sighed. "It's just, I wish we could have some peace. This is right about the time of our lives when we are supposed to settle down, when we're supposed to begin our lives as a married couple." Y/n paused. James was listening intently. She continued.

"I just want to know what it would be like to share my life with you, without all of this crazy stuff going on." she stated genuinely. Y/n was not laughing at all anymore, instead, she had actually quieted down. 

James nodded, and put his arm around her. 

"Y/n... all that matters is that we have each other. You know that. You know that without you, well, I probably wouldn't be the same person that I am now, at all. And, well, I'm grateful for that. For you. I'm sure that you can say the same, too?" James explained, running a hand through his black hair. 

Y/n was looking at him with love. 

"Of course, James. I just want you to know that; well, despite all of these circumstances, I feel so lucky. So lucky to have you in my life..." Y/n was ready to say more, but she had trailed off due to the way that James was looking at her. She zoned out, just looking into his eyes. 

James realized this, and he quietly chuckled. Y/n snapped out of it, and she started to laugh out of embarrassment. Her expression quickly became flustered. 

"We'll be okay, love. I promise you that." James whispered to Y/n, followed by him giving her a kiss. 

--

YAYYYY THE NEW CHAPTER IS SLIGHTLY ON TIME THIS TIME LOLLL

ok so hi everyone!!! i really hope you like this chapter, this one is kind of a cute one in my opinion heheh.

i've been so busy recently so i really AM trying to update as much as i can, so thank you SOOOOO much for all of your patience and kindness while i try to get new chapters out on time : )

and thank you so much for reading the story! i appreciate every single one of you more than you think, you're awesome!!

please leave some comments, because honestly i love to read them. you guys are FUNNYYYYYY

so anyways, thank you so much for reading this chapter, and i will see you in the next one!!! 

- z