6

Year Two

"We have detention today. Last time for the month, though." Remus said, as the Marauders talked at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. "Ugh. Alright, let's go." Y/n said. As the Marauders made their way down to see Professor McGonogall for detention, Sirius stopped. "Guys, detentions are so boring. How about this time, we switch it up a bit?" he said eagerly. "Good idea." James said. "How about Truth or Dare?" Y/n said excitedly. Once she said that though, all the boys gave her a confused look. "Oh, right. It's a Muggle game" Y/n mumbled. "Alright, let me explain it to you." Y/n said eagerly, ready to explain all the rules of the game.

After she explained the basic rules of Truth or Dare to the boys, they all seemed super excited. "Well what are you waiting for?! This will be great!" Sirius said, running down the corridor.

Once the Marauders made their way down to McGonogall's office for their detention, (cleaning out all the professor's offices) they started the game of Truth or Dare. "Okay Y/n, since you introduced us to this game, you can go first." James said. Y/n made a mischievous face and asked James "Truth or dare, Mr Potter?" she said. James gave her a death glare, but to keep his reputation of being a daredevil, he said "Dare." Remus, Sirius and Peter exchanged excited looks. "Okay, I dare you to climb all the way up to the top of this tall shelf and climb all the way back down, without getting caught or falling." Y/n said in a sweet tone.

"I can't do that!" James said, clearly scared. "Oh? What's this? James Potter, the school's biggest prankster, chickening out?" Y/n said with a smile on her face. Sirius couldn't take it anymore and he burst out laughing. James seemed as though he was about to argue, but then he stopped. ,"Fine. Okay. I'll do it. But, I'll get revenge next time you get dared." James said mischievously, as he started to attempt to climb the shelf, accidentally knocking over the many books that Y/n cleaned out.

As James was halfway up the shelf, he started thinking up ideas for if he got the chance to dare Y/n.
-
Bold = James 
Italic = The little voice inside Jame's head which he hates
-

I could dare Y/n to kiss Sirius! That would be a surprise for both of them, and revenge for the James X Y/n firework that he set off!

But then theres a chance that Y/n could fall in love with Sirius like that!

I don't even like Y/n though! Well, instead of Sirius I could dare her to kiss m-

James got interrupted by yelling. "JAMES! We've been trying to get your attention for the last, I don't know, 500 years! What even are you thinking about?" It was Y/n. Then came another voice. "He was probably thinking of you, n/n." Sirius said with a laugh. "Oh Sirius, you really are hilarious sometimes. Why would I be thinking of Y/n?" Once James said this, he could have swore he'd seen a glint of sadness in Y/n's eyes. He also noticed that he was on the ground and that he had accomplished his dare.

"Anyways, it's my turn!" James said, trying to steer the conversation topic away from himself and Y/n. "Peter! Truth or dare!" James blurted out. Peter looked terrified, but honestly he always looked like he'd just seen a ghost or something. "T-Truth." Peter stuttered, still looking scared. James' excited face faltered quite a bit, but he was still happy. "Okay.. then, if you had to switch lives with one of us Marauders, who would you switch with?" James said with a mischievous grin. Peter blushed, then mumbled something nobody could hear because of how quiet he was. "Sorry, Peter, but none of us really heard that." Y/n muttered, trying not to laugh. Peter then cleared his throat and spoke up. "If I had to s-switch lives with someone, it would b-be Y-Y/n."

Everyone except for Peter was about to burst from laughing, but they didn't. "Peter, may I ask why you chose Y/n?" James said mischievously. This caused Y/n to give him a death glare, but James was used to that now. "W-well she's really p-pretty an-" Peter got interrupted by Y/n. "Okay thanks Peter, that'll be enough." she muttered. This caused the rest of the boys to burst out laughing. "Your turn, Peter." Y/n said through gritted teeth.

"Remus, t-truth or dare?" Peter mumbled. "Uh.." Remus whispered. "Dare." he finished. "I-I dare you t-to tell us who you, uh, have a c-crush on." Peter said. Everyone mentally groaned because of how boring that dare was. Including Remus. "Sorry mate, I don't have a crush on anyone at the moment." Remus said plainly. "Oh- o-okay." Peter whispered. "Well then, Jamie, truth or dare?" Remus said with a smile. James cringed at the name 'Jamie' but nevertheless, he said "Dare" happily.

"I dare you to pick up any book from McGonogall's office and give it to her as a 'birthday present'" Remus chuckled.
"Okay, Mr. Horrible Idea Maker." James said as he smiled.

Once James came back, everyone asked how it was. James started to mimic Professor McGonogall. "Shouldn't you be in detention Mr Potter? You better go back now before you earn yourself another month!" he said in his girliest voice, which made everyone start laughing. "Your turn, James." Sirius said, still laughing.

"Y/n, truth or dare?" James said.

"Dare." Y/n responded confidently.

"Kiss me." James said, not believing his own words.

"W-what?" Y/n gasped.

"You heard me." James said, trying to keep his voice steady.

"Alright.." Y/n said, more confused then she's ever been before.

Once Y/n and James kissed, it felt like heaven. It felt like two puzzle pieced finally connected. It felt like her and James were the only ones there. It felt like fireworks going off everywhere around them.

Once Y/n and James pulled apart, they turned around to see the completely and overly shocked faces of the Marauders. "Finally.. it happened." Sirius said, bewildered. "Well, detention's over, boys." Y/n said coolly, and with that and a flip of Y/n's h/c hair, the Marauders walked out into the Great Hall. All of them were surprised. Even Y/n. She just didn't like to show it.

James, on the other hand, had just realized something very important to him.

I have feelings for Y/n L/n.
No, it can't be.
But it's only the truth.

-

Next chapter is going to involve Sirius introducing Peter, Y/n and James to what an Animagus potion is, i promise :>

All characters/storylines belong to J.K Rowling, except for the ones I made up.