24

Year Five

Definitely not what Y/n was expecting James to say.

"Wait- what? James, of course!" Y/n exclaimed, not even thinking about what she just said.

The smile that spread on James' face was unforgettable, but so was the kiss that him and Y/n shared.

Y/n and James held hands afterwards, their fingers intertwined. They sat next to each other in peaceful silence, staring out at the lake. Y/n had suddenly felt a little less tired. Y/n couldn't help but smile like a lunatic. Obviously, because she had just started dating James, but also because she was overly excited to see the look on Evans' face when Y/n L/n and James Potter would walk into the Great Hall together, hand in hand.

"We should head back to the castle." Y/n said, breaking the long silence. "Yeah, I can't wait for the other Marauders to hear the news." James said, still smiling and blushing a lot. The pair stood up, and began to walk towards the castle. Hogwarts, the home Y/n had loved more than anything.

-

Let's just say, the reactions that James and Y/n received from the other Marauders were.. well, hilarious. When Y/n and James walked into the Gryffindor common room, Sirius dropped the glass of pumpkin juice he was drinking to the floor, Remus smiled, as if he was thinking 'Finally.' And Peter had a smug look on his face, as he said "I told you guys."

Oh, and Evans stormed out of the common room over dramatically, throwing death stares at both Y/n and James.

"Congratulations, guys. I knew you two would finally realize how stubborn you both are." Sirius joked, followed by a light slap on the arm from Y/n. Y/n dropped down onto one of the red bean bag chairs, James right by her side. A conversation started, but Y/n was too tired to listen. In fact, in that moment, she fell asleep, her head resting on James' warm chest.

-

Y/n dreamt of many things. Some of which were not very good things. She dreamt of Evans, sneaking Veritaserum into James' glass of water.

"Do you still love Lily Evans?" Evans would ask when James drank the  Veritaserum.
He nodded yes. Y/n felt heartbroken. "Do you love Y/n L/n?" Evans had asked. James had nodded no. Evans smiled, and then the scene in the dream changed.

This time, Y/n's dream wasn't all that bad. She was older in her dream, more, mature. She was at Platform 9 3/4, talking to a boy that she didn't recognize. E/c eyes just like her own, messy black hair, and round glasses. Y/n just didn't notice the tiny scar on his forehead. The boy smiled, waved, and boarded the Hogwarts Express. The dream changed again.

Not a very happy dream this time.

Y/n was in her animagus form, a doe, and she was with the other animagi Marauders. Except, there was a crazy ravenous werewolf chasing them. Just another regular day in the life of Y/n. The werewolf (more commonly known as Remus Lupin), chased the four Marauders. It caught up to James, and of course, the werewolf attacked him. James the stag tried to fight back, but it was helpless. James turned into a human again, only to reveal huge wounds all over his body. He fell to the ground, barely breathing, as the werewolf began to chase after Y/n.

And then she woke up.

Y/n woke up in the same place that she fell asleep, obviously. The lights were out, but Y/n could see the silhouettes of Sirius, Remus and Peter sleeping on different red bean bag chairs, and with a start Y/n noticed that her head was still resting on James' chest. His appearance was not what the usual James Potter would try to look like, but it was still cute. His glasses slid down his face and were resting on the tip of his nose. His hair was.. neat? God James, always defying logic. When he slept, he made a weird quiet snoring noise which sounded like someone trying to blow a broken kazoo repeatedly and quietly, but failing miserably.

Y/n took a look at the clock (which was difficult considering the fact that there were no lights on). 6:51. Y/n had been sleeping for eight hours, and nobody bothered to move her or wake her up. Eh. If they tried to, she would probably punch them in the face anyways. Y/n scooted closer to James, and eventually fell asleep again.

- time skip brought to you by SUPER SIZED MCSHIZZLE, LEO VALDEZ, BAD BOY SUPREME -

"Y/n! Y/n! Goodness, Y/n, wake up!" the voice of James shouted. Y/n opened her eyes to see a very worried looking James, Sirius, Remus and Peter. "Our smart selves slept in, and now we're late for class! Plus, you don't even know what it means to wake up!" Sirius said jokingly. Y/n laughed hoarsely, but got up unwillingly to get ready for class. Not that Potions mattered anyways. "Meet you there!" Remus shouted as he walked out the door of the Gryffindor common room, followed by Peter and Sirius.

Once Y/n was prepared, (which was after a long time, she was tired) she walked out of her dorm just to see James standing near the door and waiting for her. "Whats your reason to be here this time?" Y/n joked. "I wanted to walk to class with you, stupid." James said with a smile. Y/n felt her cheeks reddening. "Wow, James Potter being romantic for once in his life? I never would have guessed!" Y/n exclaimed, pretending to be surprised. "Shut up." James said as he kissed Y/n's cheek and took her hand in his. The two walked to class, arguing and joking the whole way there.

Class was boring, duh. In fact, it was so boring that even 'Mr. I'm Remus Lupin And I Know It All' wasn't paying attention. As the other Marauders threw crumpled pieces of paper at each other, Y/n doodled in her drawing notebook. She drew the boy she saw in her dream, so she wouldn't forget what he looked like. Y/n even drew a werewolf, she was that bored. But, she was content. Because she knew there was no more sadness in her life, no more heartbreak. All was well.

At least, she hoped.

-
GET THOSE JINGLE BELL BELLS RINGING, ITS CHRISTMAS
7K reads guys?? Thank you so much!!
Sorry for not uploading, my life recently has been reading, listening to michael jackson, sleeping, and reading.
tumblr - panicat-thehogwarts
CAN I JUST POINT OUT THE FACT THAT FESTUS AND TOOTHLESS THE DRAGON WOULD BE BEST FRIENDS??
whats your favourite animal from harry potter? mine has to be buckbeak lol
all characters/storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones I made up.
-