42

Year Seven

-

Today. Today was the last day of the year. Today was the last day of school. Today was the last day of Hogwarts.

Seven years, all leading up to this.

Wow.

-

"and the house who wins the House Cup, with 456 points, is..

Ravenclaw!"

Dumbledore announced as all the students of Hogwarts sat in the Great Hall, cheering incredibly loud. Although, obviously, the Ravenclaw house was ecstatic.

"In second place.. with 307 points.. Gryffindor!" Dumbledore continued.

Y/n jumped out of her seat and started to cheer. Yes! Gryffindor! James, on the other hand, was a bit moody that Gryffindor didn't receive first place, but he still clapped.

"Third place! With 306 points, Slytherin!" Dumbledore added.

Y/n was the only Marauder clapping for the Slytherins, because, well, Slytherin is great! The boys were just stubborn. As always.. obviously.

"And, finally, in fourth place with 239 points, Hufflepuff! Congratulations to all of the houses!" Dumbledore ended off his announcement with that.

The Hufflepuffs weren't too happy, you know, getting  fourth, but they still clapped and cheered anyways.

Dumbledore continued on with his end of the year announcements, exams, enjoy the summer, blah blah blah.

Except this was the last time that the Marauders would hear these announcements.

I mean, just because the year was ending it didn't mean the Marauders were ending, obviously. They had futures, too. And the five of them were to stay by each other's side forever. Y/n and James were to get married, Remus and Sirius were to (hopefully!) get engaged, and Peter.. well, Peter hadn't been the same recently.

Don't get me wrong! He had been so kind and funny as usual.. but he seemed, almost, distant. It was strange. None of the Marauders had put too much thought into this, because Peter was getting older just like everyone else, obviously he might have some personality switches.

But, little did they know it was much more than that.

-

"I'm not ready. I'm not ready for all of this to end, just like that. Seven years, I mean come on! They just expect us to, just like.. leave! This has been my home, for so long now!" Y/n ranted, pacing around in the boys' dorm room, the Marauders sitting on their beds.

"Y/n, we get it. You're going to miss Hogwarts. Hell, we're all going to miss Hogwarts! But sometimes you just have to let things go." Remus wisely stated, opening a nearby book. Sirius nodded, jumping up and down on his bed like a child.

"Remus is right! Plus, we have all of these amazing memories with us! Plus plus, we're sticking together, forever and always. Right? Right." he added, out of breath from hopping up and down, as he sent a sweet smile to Y/n.

James was laying upside down on the bed, his head hanging slightly off of the end of the bed. "Think of it this way, N/n. No more school! No more Snivellus! No more weird tests and annoying homework! We're free! Well, not exactly, but you got my point. We're done! Graduating! Be happy, love." he exclaimed, his glasses slipping right off of his head.

Peter was asleep. Regular old Peter.

Y/n smiled, "Thanks, you guys. Really, I appreciate it. So.. uh, we're on our own now. You know, getting a job and all that? Our own issue. I don't know if I'm ready to take those types of responsibilities. James, you better help me through this, by the way!" she continued, taking a seat on James' bed.

"You think we would be allowed to visit this place? Like, just for fun?" Sirius asked, as he finally sat down on his bed.

"Uhh.. probably. Depends, actually. If you want to take that route, just become a professor or something and you could visit this place every day!" Remus sarcastically stated, smirking at Sirius.

"Moony, silly you. You really think I could become a professor? Out of all people, me, the most irresponsible person on the planet? Sure, okay." Sirius said, chuckling because of Remus' statement.

"I was j- Nevermind." Remus sighed, facepalming.

-

The Marauders had decided to take one last walk through Hogwarts. Yes, you heard me, one last walk. No more aimlessly wandering through this ginormous castle, no more mega games of hide and seek, no more getting detentions. Ah, and no more amazing Christmas parties.

Y/n took James' hand and intertwined her fingers with his. The couple walked by the side of the other Marauders. The castle was well populated, but it was.. quiet. Only a couple of occasional mumbles could be heard from some of the younger students. Everyone knew the Marauders. Nobody wanted them to leave! They had left a mark in Hogwarts, and their legacy would always live on, no matter what. But, no more of the most iconic pranks were to be played without the Marauders. Long story short, it was a sad day for Hogwarts.

Y/n kissed James. "I'm so happy that we're able to spend the rest of our lives together, James." she muttered, grinning. James nodded. "Me too, love. Me too." he whispered.

"Guys.. hear me out, but how does one last prank sound to you guys?" Sirius asked, showing his smartness for once in his life. "You know, lighten the mood in this dusty old castle." he continued, chuckling.

"Ohh, for sure!" Y/n exclaimed, proceeding to give Sirius a high five. James nodded excitedly. "Yes! We need one, right about now. So.. Sirius, do you still have the, uh.." James coughed. "fireworks-" He coughed again.

Remus lost it, he was laughing so hard at James' dumb attempt to hide what he was trying to say.

"Do I still have the fireworks? Do I still have the fireworks? Are you crazy? Of COURSE I still have the fireworks! Let's go, we need to plan this thing!" Sirius shouted, somewhat breaking the silence in the Great Hall, causing an awkward silence.

Remus rolled his eyes. "Let's just go."

-

y'all omg i'm so sorry for not updating!! school's almost over for me so you can expect a lot of updates soon!!

also oh my god this story is about to reach it's 1 year anniversary!! i started this story in july of 2017 when i was on vacation in chicago, and believe it or not, this july i'm going back to chicago lmao, so maybe you can expect the story to end this summer. no promises though!! i might extend it or something i don't knowww lmao

anyways, leave theories, predictions, and opinions in the comments! love uu!

see u next time,

- z