47

The Marauders got out of their train compartment. They gathered their trunks, and began to exit the train. Y/n was the last to leave it, slowly stepping out of the train and on to the concrete floor of the King's Cross Station.

And there they were. The Marauders, standing in the middle of the train station, just watching the Hogwarts Express slowly go away.

"So, where to now?" James asked.

-

"Well, uh, I-" Y/n began, but took a pause. She was back at the Kings Cross station and she knew she wouldn't be coming back any time soon. This saddened her, a lot.

She continued to speak once she realized that all the Marauders were just standing there and staring at her, waiting for her to finish speaking. And so she did. "I think I might go to my place for a bit. Just to, you know, settle in." 

The Marauders nodded, except for Sirius, who looked at Remus nervously. "Remus, I-" he began, but Remus interrupted him. "Yes, Padfoot, you can stay at my place for the time being. Whenever you need to, just send a letter." Remus reassured Sirius, looking at him lovingly as he watched all the anxiety disappear from his face.

"So, it's settled? We can just spend, like, just one day at our own places just to relax a bit, and then we'll meet back up again at....?" Y/n began, trailing off at the end of her sentence.

"My place! We can stay at my place. Would you guys be fine with that? " James added, causing the Marauders to nod immediately. They all loved James' house, it was honestly beautiful. 

"Then it's done! I'll be sending you guys letters the whole way through and.. uh, I guess this is where we go our separate ways. For now, I mean. Just for tomorrow."

Y/n laughed. "Ah, James. So dramatic. But, you're right. I'll see you guys after tomorrow?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'll meet you guys there." Sirius said.

"Okay, then! Well, bye!" Y/n said, almost awkwardly. She kissed James, and hugged Sirius and Remus. The boys also gave each other hugs, as if they were never going to see each other again.

And with that, the Marauders took their trunks and went in their separate directions.

-

- T I M E   S K I P - 

-

Y/n knocked on the door of James' house, just as she had done for the past 7 summers. He opened the door, and James' face immediately lit up. He kissed Y/n right away. "Hi, N/n! How are you?" he exclaimed, obviously excited.

Y/n smiled. "Aw, I'm good, James, really. It's only been one day," she said, as James welcomed her inside of his huge house. 

"Well that's good to hear. Remus and Sirius are yet to arrive, so we have the whole house to ourselves." he began, taking Y/n's trunk and setting it aside. 

"Is that why you're so excited?" Y/n asked, completely dismissing the fact that James' parents were not home. She would ask about it later on.

"Uhhh, maybe." James replied, blushing. 

 Y/n just laughed.

"Let's, uh- let's go upstairs." James muttered, he was obviously feeling a little.. flustered? Nervous? Well then.

Y/n nodded, and James took her hand. He began to walk upstairs, and Y/n really started to realize how stunning James' house was. I mean, obviously she had the chance to see this place for the past couple of years, but this time, this time she was really focusing on how surreal this house was. 

It would have been Y/n's dream to live in a place like this, honestly. 

Y/n entered James' bedroom and sat on the bed. He sat next to her.

Y/n looked around. The Quidditch posters, Gryffindor flags, bookshelves that haven't been touched in years, James had a really cute bedroom.

"S-So, uh, N/n, you, uh, like this place, right?" James asked as he ran his hand through his hair, yet another sign of him being scared for something. He pushed up his glasses. 

"James, I love this place! You have the prettiest house, like, ever. You know when we- when we move in together, we should buy a place just like this one. It's gorgeous." she replied, getting up from James' bed and beginning to walk around the house.

James exhaled in relief, as he began to follow her. Y/n dreamily looked around as she walked.

"Well, that's great! Because, uh, my parents kind of just moved out and I- I thought I would surprise you by- by buying this house for us to live in together-" James began, but was immediately interrupted by Y/n.

"JAMES! NO WAY!" she shouted as her eyes widened. Y/n's mouth dropped right open. "James are you serious? Are you pranking me?" she asked, before she would allow herself to freak out.

James chuckled nervously. "N/n, no, this is where we're going to live now. A-are you okay with that..?" he asked, his voice nearly quivering.

Y/n pulled James into a kiss. 

"James, I can't believe you oh my God! You really- you really did this! For me! OF COURSE I'm okay with this, this is absolutely incredible James!!" she exclaimed, tears already beginning to form in her eyes.

James smiled widely, he was no longer nervous, only relieved and extremely happy. Now it was him who kissed Y/n. She wrapped her legs around James' waist, and he spun her around.

He put her down. "Y/n, this is our home now" James said, smiling. Y/n looked at him. "I love you." she whispered. "I love you too, N/n." he replied, blushing.

And then came a knock on the door. 

-

James and Y/n opened the front door only to find Remus and Sirius standing there with their trunks.

"Padfoot! Moony!" James exclaimed, and pulled the two boys into a hug, followed by Y/n.

"Hi guys, sorry for being so late! How are you?" Sirius asked, happy to see his best friends again.

James and Y/n looked at each other. "We're great."

"Oh yeah? What's happened this time? Did you prank someone or something?" Remus asked, grinning.

Y/n laughed and ran her hand through her hair. "James and I are going to move in here." she replied. 

Sirius gasped, and Remus raised his eyebrows. "I'm so happy for you two! James, was this your idea?" Sirius asked. James nodded, smirking. Remus just pulled the couple into another hug.

Sirius snickered. "I thought the answer would be something completely different." he said, laughing. Y/n rolled her eyes. James chuckled.

"Well, what are you guys waiting for? Come in!" James said.

-

HII AGAIN SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPLOAD I JUST FELT REALLY UNINSPIRED THIS WEEK BUT NOW WE'RE BACK ON TRACK!! THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY BORING I APOLOGIZE

 BUT as always leave your comments/theories in the comments!!

see you soon <3

-z