56

She took a deep breath and blinked, bracing herself for what was gonna come. James was only looking at her like a confused child.

"James, I—  I think I'm pregnant."

"Holy— Y/n, are you serious?" James immediately exclaimed, seeming absolutely bewildered. A couple minutes ago, James Potter had looked half asleep, but now? Now he was wide awake, eyebrows raised and jaw dropped in pure shock.

Y/n nodded, almost caught off guard from James' immediate reaction. Okay, the moment of surprise is over, now he's probably going to show that he's not really that happy about it. Well, that's what Y/n thought.

"Holy SHIT! Oh my God Y/n, oh my God— oh my GOD WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY," James exclaimed, louder this time. He stood up. Turns out he was not done being shocked.

James turned around for a moment, his hands frantically running through his hair. Y/n almost started crying again. She knew James wouldn't be happy about this, no way. She knew she was gonna be a single mother— Oh god here come the waterworks again—

When James turned around, he had the biggest smile on his face, and I'm not exaggerating. Y/n looked at him and tilted her head, now she was the confused one.

James pulled Y/n into the biggest hug ever, I swear he almost tackled her.

"James— wait," Y/n pulled away from him. "You're happy about this?" she asked, and to be honest she was kind of really surprised.

"Am I happy about this?? Am I.. happy about this?" James repeated, and looked at Y/n like she was crazy. "Y/n, I don't think I've ever been happier. Scratch that— I know I've never been happier." he said, and his voice was no longer frantic and crazy. It was just gentle, and calm.

A smile grew on Y/n's face. A genuine one.

It was Y/n who pulled James into a hug this time. 

"We're going to have a baby," James mumbled as he hugged Y/n, and that was when she realized when he was crying too. Not unhappy tears or shocked tears, just pure happy tears.

And that was when she realized— holy shit, they were going to have a baby.

Y/n hugged James as tight as she could.

"Wait!" James exclaimed, and pulled away from Y/n.

"Oh my god what??" Y/n immediately asked, anxiety washing over her.

"We shouldn't hug that tight, you know, for the baby." James chuckled, tears still streaming down his face.

Y/n only smiled and kissed James, and pulled him into another hug, a light one.

As Y/n rested her head on James' shoulder, she could feel his heartbeat in his chest going a mile a minute.

"I can't believe this I really can't—" Y/n began anxiously, but was interrupted by James.

"Shh, Y/n, no matter what happens, we're going to be okay. We're going to be a family. Y/n, we're going to have this child and raise them to be the best ever. We're gonna watch them grow up, go to school for the first time, graduate, fall in love, get married, have children of their own. We've got this." James said, and just hearing his sleepy gentle voice calmed Y/n down extremely.

And guess what? Y/n was crying again.

"I know it might be hard sometimes but I need you to know that I'm gonna be here for you no matter what, and we're gonna be here for this child. No matter what." James continued, his voice trembling a little bit.

"Y/n, our life together has barely even begun. We have so much time ahead of us. Grow old, watch our child grow old. Y/n, we're in this together for the long run, and I'm not gonna let anything get in the way of that."
James finished, his raspy voice was still trembling, slightly less though.

"James, you don't understand how happy this makes me." Y/n muttered, smiling.

"How happy what makes you?" James asked, like an idiot.

"You. You, being so happy about this whole situation. Being able to marry you and have a baby with you and grow old with you, everything that you just mentioned. I can't believe I got so lucky with someone like you, James."

James turned bright red and stuttered a bit, trying to get a functional sentence out but miserably failing. God, Y/n had known James for how many years, and he still got embarrassed and flustered whenever Y/n got cute with him.

James was still blushing furiously, and Y/n laid a soft kiss on his lips.

"I love you, James." she muttered sleepily.

"I love you too, Y/n." he replied, giving her a small kiss on the cheek.

James was ecstatic about the whole situation, honestly. He couldn't believe it, not at all. He also couldn't believe that Y/n thought he would be unhappy about her news. He had never been happier, he wasn't lying when he told Y/n that. James was ready to raise a child with the love of his life.

Y/n was pure shocked. Not like, bad shocked, more of the oh-my-god-this-is-the-best-thing-to-happen-to-me type of shock. She felt like she had won the lottery when she saw that smile grow across James' face when she told him the news. Y/n didn't believe James when he said he had never been happier, but he might had just proven her wrong with the look that was on his face.

The couple was ready. Ready to raise a child together, to make them into the most badass child ever. James and Y/n may have been a little bit surprised with the news, but that didn't mean they were unhappy with it. Not at all.

They knew that they were in this for the long run.

Well, at least they thought they were.

hehe cliffhanger :-)

i hope y'all liked this chapter <3

cya next time <33

- z <3