69

-

That was all there is to it, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black were just two boys who couldn't stay away from each other, no matter what or who tried to bring them apart.

-

 "James, I'm so tired of this!" Y/n complained, as she had been in the hospital for six hours now, and still no baby. 

"I know, I know," James began, ready to repeat himself as this had been about the hundredth time that Y/n had complained. Odd how the two were so cheery and happy previously, but a few hours later and they were both tired, bored, and impatient.

"But, Y/n, just think, in a few hours you will be holding our baby! Plus, this is only one day, and of course, it's going to be tough, but after today we're going to have a child who we are going to raise, love, and care for. And one day, I'll tell them the story of how his or her mother was just so impatient before giving birth to them."

Y/n gave James a look. It was a very sweet thing to tell her, but she could have gone without that joke that he cracked. She couldn't help but smile though, just a little bit.

Although it seemed that Y/n was the only one who was uncomfortable, James was just as tired. Well, probably not as tired as Y/n, but he was still really, really tired. Obviously he wouldn't complain about it, as Y/n only needed positive energy to surround her at the moment. 

He was so astoundingly excited to have a child with her. He simply could not wait. And of course, James knew that this was only one day and the two still had hundreds of challenges to face in the future, but nothing could break his excitement at the current moment. 

All James had wanted to do was make Y/n feel better, as right now she just seemed exhausted. This doesn't mean she wasn't as excited as James, but, of course, she was going through a lot right now. She had just wanted to sleep, but she simply couldn't.

James held her hand in a subtle sort of way to comfort her. He really didn't know what to do. Encouraging words wouldn't physically make her feel better, and they were getting pretty repetitive, too. The only thing he could really do was just be there for her and help her if she needed anything. Which was more than enough for Y/n.

The two were just tired.

Before they knew it though, the door to their hospital room opened rather quickly. James and Y/n both perked up to see who it was, and were very glad to see Remus and Sirius, together and thriving.

"Hey guys! How are you?" Remus exclaimed quite loudly, sounding happier than ever. His face had been glowing, Y/n and James barely ever saw him so energized with joy like he was now. But, Remus was quite surprised to see that Y/n and James looked half asleep, and grumpy. 

He looked at Sirius. "You told me they were in a great mood," he whispered with embarrassment. Sirius looked back, and whispered, "They... were." he responded with dismay.

James tried to save the obviously awkward situation. 

"You two- you're back together! And you seem so happy! That makes me so happy!" James said, smiling the most he had in the past three hours. Sirius and Remus both broke out in huge smiles.

"Yeah... I mean really, who could keep us apart?" Sirius goofily said, causing Y/n to giggle. 

The boys directed their attention to Y/n, who hadn't said anything yet.

"Ahh, sorry, I'm just so tired. You guys, I'm so happy that you worked things out." she stated, and just her voice sounded like she was about to fall asleep any second.

 "Thanks, you two. Really. Hey-- look, all the Marauders together again." Remus said, slightly changing the subject. But he just received some odd looks by the other three. 

"Remus... Peter?" James said, giving him an odd look. Remus wasn't usually one to forget.

"Oh, oh my! I can't believe how we used to be so close with Peter, and now we- or I, barely even remember him!" Remus said, his face flushed with embarrassment. Y/n awkwardly chuckled, and then Sirius began to speak.

"Oh, Peter was a good friend. If he ever reached out to me for anything at all, I know I'd be there for him. I'm sure I could say the same for you all, too. Just because he's not always with us anymore, I know we'll always have his back." he stated, causing the other Marauders to nod in agreement.

"I hope he's doing well" said Y/n, with a slight trace of sadness in her voice. There was a subtle moment of silence before the conversation began again. 

"Y/n, how are you feeling right now?" Remus kindly asked, a gentle smile on his face. Before she could even respond, he continued; "If there's ever anything you need, you know, Sirius and James and I will always be there to help you out," he stated, causing Sirius to nod and James to blush.

"Thanks, Moony. I'm, well, I'm sure you can tell simply by my appearance that I am nothing less than exhausted. But nevertheless, just you guys being here with me makes me feel better. Somewhat." she assured with a sleepy smile. 

"And James! I can't believe you, the clumsiest trouble maker in the world; is actually having a kid!  Who would have thought it could happen!" Sirius exclaimed, causing James to mockingly laugh, and the other Marauders chuckled at the truthfulness at Sirius's joke.

"Let's just hope that their kid doesn't turn out to be a trouble maker like his dad," Remus joked, and James rolled his eyes as Y/n laughed again. 

"Honestly though, I don't think James here will ever stop fooling people. It's just in his blood to pull pranks. And if our kid ends up like that as well... wish me luck!" Y/n chuckled, causing a small blush to once again rise to James's face as the other two boys laughed.

--

hii guys sorry for taking so long to update!! i really really hope you like this chapter, though. leave some nice comments i absolutely love reading them and i'll try to respond to all of them!! hopefully the next chapter will be out shortly <3

see ya!

- z :-)