60

s e p t e m b e r  1

t h e   w e d d i n g   d a y

Everything was in order. While James and Y/n were putting as much work as they possibly could into the wedding, Sirius and Remus had insisted on helping them. It was their little secret that they were in love with weddings and everything about them.

But, as expected, words couldn't even begin to
describe the amount of pure excitement and joy that the soon to be married couple was feeling.

Y/n's family and James' family had come to town as well, for the special night. While the couple had expected a smaller wedding, both of their families had went on and invited all their relatives, making it quite populated.

— 3 hours before the wedding —

"Okay okay okay James, you can do this."

Every once in a while, James would give himself a ted talk, in the mirror. This was one of those times. Nobody knew about them, he only ever did them when he was overwhelmingly anxious, or excited. In this situation, he was feeling a bunch of both.

"It's going to be fine I'm gonna be fine Y/n's gonna be fin—" James was interrupted when one of his two best men smugly walked in.

"What are you— talkin' to yourself?" Sirius teased James, jokingly patting him on the shoulders, but also not messing up his black suit.

Flustered, colour had risen to his cheeks.
James was about to explain, but Sirius interrupted him. Again.

"Don't bother, Jamie, you have all the right to be scared. But you also have all the reason to be excited. And it's my job and Remus' job to get you out there and make sure you get married, because if you don't, well,
you'd be making a pretty huge mistake, my friend" Sirius stated, as if it was nothing. Like 'oh, you're getting married?? cool, whatever.'

Sure, James had given himself ted talks, but Sirius was always the one who really got James back up on his feet when he was struggling.

Well, James was ready. He was ready to get married, to his best friend, his soulmate. He was ready to start a family.

James was ready to start a new life with the girl he was in love with.

——

"It's going to be fine." Y/n muttered to herself nervously, taking multiple deep breaths.

She had been repeating those five words to herself for the past 15 minutes, hoping for some sort of miracle to stop her anxiety.

"It's going to be fine it's going to be fine it's
going to be fi—" Y/n was interrupted by the squeaking sound of Remus opening her door.

"Oh, sorry, were you talking to someone?" Remus began, but then took a glance around the room and saw that nobody was there except for Y/n. "Nevermind," he mumbled, embarrassed.

Remus took a seat next to Y/n, who was on her bed.

"Is everything okay, N/n?" Remus asked gently, using that calming voice that he was almost known for.

Y/n only nodded quickly. She didn't really know what to say, but she managed to get a few words out.

"I want to spend my life with James. That's not only a promise, but a straight up fact. But sometimes I worry. What if something happens, what if I lose him? What if he loses me?" Y/n rambled, struggling to break eye contact with Remus.