78

-

Everything was going beautifully. James and Y/n were able to forget about their worries for one night, and spend time with each other and Harry.

It was pretty much perfect!

Until there was a knock on the door.

-

It all happened in a flash.

Y/n and James barely had any time to process what was going on, until it was almost too late to do anything.

They both only had one thought in mind the whole time: keep Harry safe.

For the knock on the door had been nobody else but Voldemort, the one person who had been causing all of the problems.

All of Y/n and James' fears, all of their worries, all of their worst-case scenarios; everything was coming true right before their eyes.

Still, though, the two had a glimmer of hope. A small part of them thought that they would be able to escape this terrifying situation.

Unfortunately, they were wrong.

Y/n and James didn't stand a chance against what was going on.

They could try and fight all they wanted, but it was just about time to face reality.

-

The couple never wanted this to happen. They didn't deserve for this to happen.

The two of them were trying their very hardest to make sure that Harry was unharmed.

However, it seems that they just were too distracted in their son; up to the point where they didn't recognize how much danger they were putting themselves in.

-

The Potters didn't live to see Harry survive.

-

"Hello, may I sit here? All the other compartments are full." Y/n jerked her head up to see a tall boy, clearly her age, with messy black hair, hazel eyes, pale skin and round glasses. "S-Sure, why not?" she muttered. "Thanks." said the boy, as he sat down across from Y/n.

-

"Look. I know. You don't like me. No need to make it feel worse." James said quickly. "James.. I-I like you too. A lot." Y/n muttered, not giving any thought to anything at all.

-

James remembered his and Y/n's first kiss. He remembered the firework prank that the Marauders did. He remembered the first ever train ride with the Marauders. Eventually, all of these memories brought James to fall asleep.

-

"James.. you love me?" Y/n continued, her voice at the same low volume. "Yes Y/n. I do love you." James whispered.

-

He handed the ring back to James. "She's going to love it. I can promise you that." Sirius whispered, smiling at James and finally leaning back. James nodded, smiling. "I might, uh, ask, sometime this week. I mean, I have the question ready and everything." he stated, slipping the ring safely into his pocket.

-

"Y/n, will you marry me?"

-

Y/n knew that she had found her soulmate. She knew it for a fact, so did James. They knew that no matter what happened, no matter what they went through, they'd never part. They'd always be together. They were soulmates.

-

"I love you, you know that?" James whispered to Y/n with a big grin on his face."

"I love you too, James."

-
Their last words to each other.

Yes, the two truly were soulmates. Nothing could have ever changed that. And soulmates do die together... right?

Right.

-

Although Y/n and James had previously already accepted their fate on some levels, the two had just wished they were able to say goodbye.

Everything happened so suddenly, it was just all a blur. The two of them were too distracted by the events going on before their eyes, to even close the chapter of their lives together.

They didn't even get to say goodbye to Harry. They had no idea that the last time they saw him, would be the final time.

They couldn't even say goodbye to each other.

-

It was only going to be a short matter of time before Remus and Sirius heard the news about what happened.

-

sorry for the kind of short chapter, and sorry for the chapter in general LOL ik y'all didn't want this to happen but i mean 😩come onnnn

thank u sm for being patient, and i can't wait to hear what you have to say in the comments <3

see ya in the next chapter !

- z