8

Summer of  Year Two

Y/n's summer was going good, but her last summer was certainly better. Because this summer, the only thing Y/n could think of was James. She just couldn't understand why James had dared her to kiss him.

'It was just a dare. It shouldn't have meant anything to you'

James' voice rang in Y/n's head. Why was she even thinking about him, supposedly she didn't have feelings for him? Y/n wasn't going to let herself fall for James like this when he obviously didn't like her back. He's pretty annoying anyways.. Y/n thought, trying to convince herself that James was not for her.

But there was a voice in Y/n's head. A voice repeatedly telling her that she loves James. A voice telling her he was the one meant for her. The voice sounded just like Y/n, just, older.

Y/n L/n, you belong with James Potter.

Y/n sat on her bed, looking out the window. Minutes, hours, Y/n had no idea how long she was sitting and looking at the view out her window. The peaceful silence was interrupted by an owl. With a letter addressed to Y/n.

-

Meanwhile, James' summer was going okay too. He seemed to be having the same problem as Y/n, except he couldn't convince himself that he didn't have feelings for her. Every time he tried, that voice in the back of his head would always prove him wrong.

I could write a letter to her.. That would help sort things out..

James wondered. Although, he didn't wanna mess things up again. He reached for his quill and parchment, and started writing everything that was on his mind.

Dear Y/n,

I've been thinking about you a lot recently. After some time, I realized that I truly had feelings for you. And; I'm sorry, for daring you to kiss me even when I didn't know if I liked you or not. Long story short, I like you. Very much. I know that you most certainly don't like me back, but I just thought you needed to know. At first I didn't know, but I started to notice how every time you entered a room or started speaking, I felt like all my attention was turned towards you and nobody else. So, I hope you understand and I hope we can still be friends.

Love, James.

James reread the letter multiple times, until he realized how much of an idiot he was being. He rolled up the letter and put it on the top of his drawer, planning to hide it later on.

-

Y/n opened the letter that the barn owl had delivered to her. It was from Sirius. He was telling her that James was inviting all of the Marauders to his house again. Y/n had already packed a bag beforehand, because she knew that she would be invited somewhere soon enough.

-time skip-

Y/n knocked on the door of James' beautiful house, excited to see him and the rest of the Marauders. This time, she was greeted by James himself. "Y/n! Hi! I missed you so much!" James exclaimed, his voice slightly deeper than usual. "I missed you too!" Y/n said excitedly as she pulled James into a long hug. "The others should be here soon." James said with a shy smile. James never felt this nervous around Y/n. Strange.

James and Y/n went up to James' room. "So, how was your summer?" James asked quietly. "Horrible." Y/n said happily as James started to laugh. "Same here." James said, remembering how he couldn't take his mind off of Y/n. "Hey, what's this? It has my name on it.." Y/n said as she started to unroll the piece of parchment.

Oh no. That was James' letter to Y/n, which he had forgotten to hide. "Oh! That was just- a list of what I'm going to get for my friends when its Christmas!" James lied, as he tried to snatch the parchment from Y/n's hands but failed. "James. It's July. Plus, this even says 'Dear Y/n'!" Y/n said as she started to read. James gave up trying to steal the letter, it was no use anyways.

Y/n started to read the letter, her eyes getting wider each second. James' heart beat started going faster and faster. As she finished the letter, she looked up at James and was about to start talking, but James interrupted her. "Look. I know. You don't like me. No need to make it feel worse." James said quickly. "James.. I-I like you too. A lot." Y/n muttered, not giving any thought to anything at all.

The expression on James' face was priceless. It was a mix of happiness, shock, and confusion. And then the impossible happened. James couldn't help himself, and he pulled Y/n into a kiss. He was expecting Y/n to pull away and start yelling at him, but that didn't happen at all. It felt brilliant. Just like the last one, but a million times better. Y/n could not believe this was happening. Apparently the two did not know how long they were kissing for, because they were interrupted by a wolf-whistle.

Y/n looked over, and at the door of James' room, there stood Remus, Sirius and Peter, with sly smiles on their faces. Why did they always have to be there the two times James and Y/n kissed? Y/n just started laughing out of embarrassment. James was giving Sirius a death glare, but soon enough everyone was laughing. "I knew you would get the nerve to do it soon Jamie." Sirius said with another sly smile.

-time skip-

Y/n was the first to run through the wall to Platform 9 3/4, considering the fact that she was never late and always early. Her and James were getting along now, but they still haven't mentioned the kiss. The Marauders were still known all across the school, except for the new group of first-years. But the Marauders were sure to prank them as well. Remus was still leaving once a month, the Animagus potion was not ready just yet. Sirius was flirting with any girl possible, but there was one that truly caught his eye. Y/n had no idea what her name was, not that she exactly cared either.

Y/n missed Hogwarts so much, but clearly she wasn't the only one.

Third year, here we come.

-

all characters/storylines belong to J.K rowling except for the ones i made up :>