29

Year Six

-
previously

"Go away, Sirius." James shouted, still half-asleep. The door opened anyways. It wasn't Sirius at the door though, it was Y/n.
-

James stared at her for a second. Y/n began to speak casually, but James wasn't listening. He was too busy thinking about the fact that after all this time, Y/n still had the nerve to lie. Obviously, James was looking at all of this in the most negative way possible.

"So, what do you think?" Y/n asked. James cleared his throat.

"Uh, what? Sorry, I, um.. zoned out." he lied. Y/n rolled her eyes, laughing.

"Come on, James. Please, stop staring at my pretty face for at least one second, and listen." she joked. James stayed silent, nodding slightly.

"What i was trying to say, is that maybe the Marauders could all go on a walk around the castle? Y'know, revising the map and stuff." Y/n repeated.

"Sure." was all James said. Y/n smiled, grabbing his hand and kissing him on the cheek as she practically dragged him outside. The rest of the Marauders were waiting just at the entrance of the castle. Remus was holding the map. "Finally!" Remus exclaimed. Peter snickered.

"Let's go, guys." James muttered, putting on a fake smile.

The Marauders started to walk. It was a chilly day, snowing a tiny bit. The smell of rain filled the air, and Hogwarts looked beautiful as usual. Y/n held on to James's hand, intertwining their fingers. Sadly, Y/n had no idea about the argument James and Sirius had. She was just believing everybody was friends, which wasn't the full truth. James and Sirius were standing the furthest away from each other. Remus glared at them each, trying to make some sort of telepathic conversation or something. James was avoiding everyone's eyes, Y/n walking happily next to him.

He focused on the Marauders Map. Everyone did. It was too tense to start any type of conversation. This disappointed Y/n, as the Marauders were always outgoing, funny and loud. It was the opposite this time.

"So, how do you think the map is going so far?" Y/n asked, trying to start some sort of communication.

"Pretty great, actually! We got the diagram of the castle finished, and we just gotta add some final touches to make it a little bit more accurate." Remus exclaimed, proud of himself. Y/n smiled. She always loved Remus as a friend, he was always there to cheer her up.

"Awesome! When do you think it will be finished?" she replied curiously, aiming the question to any of the Marauders. Peter was the one to answer this time. "Probably by tomorrow, or even today if we're l-lucky." he muttered. Y/n nodded proudly. Sirius and James kept their eyes on the ground, as they did not feel like talking at all, which was completely new for them.

It was Y/n who had to break the ice. "Okay guys, what's wrong?" she asked, not giving the two boys a chance to ignore her. But none of them replied.

"James. Sirius. Tell me what happened between you two." she said sternly. James and Sirius looked up, not making eye contact with anyone at all. Remus and Peter seemed to be very confused. Y/n groaned and leaned against a nearby tree, confused about what had been going on with her best friends. She decided to speak for the third time.

"Honestly. Tell me what's going on." Y/n said, feeling annoyed by even herself. She stood in front of James, looking him in the eye. James decided enough was enough. He looked back at Y/n, and finally spoke. 

"Why'd you do it?" he whispered, anger building up in him. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows. "Do what?" she asked, still confused. James raised his eyebrows sarcastically. "Really. You really think you can just do something like that and, and just get away with it like that?!" he ranted, his voice getting louder.

"Seriously, James! What is it?" Y/n said, as she began to worry. James huffed angrily. "You and I need to talk." he demanded. Sirius glared at him. "Alone." James added, not wanting Sirius to join the conversation. 

At the moment, Y/n forgot about everything and everyone around her. She forgot about Remus, Sirius and Peter. She forgot about schoolwork. She forgot about the Marauders Map. Y/n was only focusing on James, the one person she would die for.

James had grabbed Y/n's hand and taken her to a quiet, empty and lonely place outside of the castle. Y/n crossed her arms and looked at James. "Tell me." was all she said, and she didn't say it very politely either. "No, Y/n. You tell me." James replied, trying to calm himself down but failing miserably. 

"Tell you what, exactly? Here I was, thinking we were all good. But now you walk up to me all mad." Y/n spoke. She honestly felt a little bit bad for being mean to James, but she really needed to know what the hell he was talking about. "You know what? Seems like you don't care enough to think about it, so I'm just going to tell you now." James exclaimed.

She never in a million years would have expected what James said after that.

"Remember Sirius? Your ex  boyfriend? Oh wait! He never was your boyfriend, you were only using him to make me break up with Lily and start dating you! But there's more! You even lied to me about it! You acted like it didn't even happen! And guess what? Sometimes, when you do something like that, there are consequences!" James shouted, tears forming in his eyes.

Y/n was speechless.

-

all characters and storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones I made up 

sorry for not updating folks i was on vacation and I just got back

thank you for 15K reads!! like i never expected this! i love you all <3

aand sorry for the cliffhanger lmao we need a bit of suspense sometimes

next update is hopefully coming soon!  see you then!

- the author