77

-

 All that was keeping Y/n and James going, was the fact that whatever happened was going to be just for the better.

 It was almost Halloween. 

There were only a few more days! 

It was the 28th of October. James and Y/n were still struck with fear and anxiety, as their situation had not changed at all; and in some way, that was just as scary to them. 

It was as if they were simply waiting for something inevitable to happen. 

Nevertheless, James and Y/n were trying to get Harry excited for his first Halloween. They had put up some cheap decorations, they had told Harry some silly 'scary' stories, and they just overall spent a whole lot of time together as a family.

Although it was discouraged for Remus and Sirius to visit the family as they were in hiding, the Marauders still made it a priority to keep in touch with each other through letters. Y/n would read the letters sent by Remus and Sirius to Harry, who really was never that interested in listening. 

They wanted Harry to remember his first Halloween as a good one, after all. 

-

Dear Prongs, M/n, and Harry,

 Happy Halloween! Sirius and I wish that we could see you all right now, but hopefully next Halloween will be a normal one where we can all be together. We miss you so much, and we want you to keep writing to us. (don't forget about your friends!)

Sirius wanted me to tell you, James, that he can't wait to pull some more ghastly pranks on you next Halloween. "This year, you got lucky." he says. Whatever that means. 

And I myself wanted to let all three of you know that I hope that things are going well, and I hope that you all are feeling okay. Things will turn out alright, I promise! 

Anyways, have an amazing Halloween. Hopefully we can see each other shortly after! In the meantime, try to write back soon! We miss you!

Your friends, 

 Moony and Padfoot. 

-

Dear Moony and Padfoot, 

 We miss you guys too! Happy Halloween! I hope you have a great one. And as you said, I can't wait for the next one when we all get to be together and be silly again. 

By the way, James responded to what Sirius said. He said, "Just you wait, Padfoot!"

... I'm sure that Sirius will understand what that means. Oh boy. 

Things are going pretty well here, thank you for thinking about us. I guess that "okay" really is the perfect word to describe how we're feeling as of now. I hope it will all be fine! 

You have an amazing Halloween too, know that James and I are thinking about you two. And don't worry, we're telling Harry all about you so that he has an idea of who you two are before he's old enough to really get to know you on his own.

Well, that's about it! Write back soon! 

Your friends, 

 M/n, Prongs, and Harry. 

--    a      f e w     d a y s    l a t e r   --

It was officially Halloween! 

The Potters were quite excited, despite everything. 

Everything had been going great so far! 

It was a beautiful autumn day, and although the family had decided to stay home that day; they were still having an amazing time together. 

Y/n made some cookies, and her and James had now been spending tons of time with Harry.

The three of them were in their little living room, just being a happy family together.

"You know what, James? I think that everything is going to turn out alright." said Y/n to James, who was quite distracted while talking to his son. 

"I agree, N/n. I hope that things will be okay. But for now, all that we can do is appreciate what we have right here, right now, and be happy that we are all together." James responded, in a hushed voice; considering the fact that Harry was falling into a peaceful sleep.

 The couple then sat next to each other on the couch, with Harry's crib still in sight. 

"I just want it to be this way forever. You, me, and Harry... I don't know how I could even cope if anything were to happe-" Y/n was about to begin speaking about the worst-case scenarios that could take place soon, but James stopped her.

"Y/n. Tonight is a good night. It's a nice Halloween. We're spending time together as a family. Things are amazing right now. Let us focus on the current moment instead of worrying about the worst that could happen. I just want to enjoy this day with you and Harry, and I'm sure that you feel the exact same way." James stated, interrupting Y/n before things got emotional. 

He was preparing for her to say something slightly sassy in return, but instead, she agreed right away.

"You know what, you're right. I want to remember this Halloween as a good one." was all she said, before giving James a gentle smile. He responded by leaving a small kiss on her lips, and smiling back at her. 

"I love you, you know that?" James whispered to Y/n with a big grin on his face. 

The two were literally married, but Y/n still blushed when James said that. 

"I love you too, James." she responded, trying to hide her red face by looking away. Of course, James noticed, and chuckled at her childishness. 

Everything was going beautifully. James and Y/n were able to forget about their worries for one night, and spend time with each other and Harry. 

It was pretty much perfect!

Until there was a knock on the door. 

-

see ya in the next chapter! ;)

- z