30

Year Six

-
previously

"Remember Sirius? Your ex boyfriend? Oh wait! He never was your boyfriend, you were only using him to make me break up with Lily and start dating you! But there's more! You even lied to me about it! You acted like it didn't even happen! And guess what? Sometimes, when you do something like that, there are consequences!" James shouted, tears forming in his eyes.

Y/n was speechless.

-

- y / n -

Yes, literally speechless. She was so in shock, in denial, she couldn't even bring herself to speak. James was still staring right at her, tears slowly streaming down his pale face. Y/n took a deep breath. She still didn't say anything, and James was still waiting for a response. He covered his face with his two hands, looking down. He looked back up at Y/n, who was still mute.

"Okay, I see how it is." James whispered coldly, as he stood insanely close to Y/n. "I see how it is." he repeated right in her face, followed by him walking away. Y/n sank to her knees. She didn't cry, she didn't want to believe what just happened was real.  All she could do was mess things up these days. But this time, she messed up real bad. She lost James, again. She lost James.

No. Y/n would not let this happen to herself again. She wouldn't allow herself to just sit there and cry about it. She couldn't. Y/n stood up, knees a little bit wobbly. She tried not to overthink. She tried to avoid the fact that James could be returning to Evans at this moment, the fact that he may never love Y/n again. Those were the thoughts, no, the realities, that Y/n feared. But she still got up and approached the one place that James could always be found. The Quidditch field.

The walk was short and quiet. Y/n's mind didn't wander off at all. She focused one on topic, which was James. When she arrived at the field, she saw James as expected, practicing his flying skills all alone. Y/n didn't feel like yelling or crying. She decided to fly a little bit as well. She grabbed one of the unused broomsticks, because she really didn't have the effort to go and get her own from her dorm room.

Once Y/n was in the air, James still didn't notice her. She just started flying around in circles. The field was empty, only her and James were there. Y/n kept flying until James noticed her. And he did. Without even making any sort of communication with Y/n, he just landed his broomstick and walked away. She didn't even get a chance to see his face. Obviously, Y/n chose to follow him. She was feeling stubborn today.

Y/n landed the old broomstick and started jogging to catch up with James. She did. Y/n lightly tapped James's shoulder to get his attention, but he ignored her by not answering. Like I said, she was feeling stubborn today. So, Y/n stood right in front of James and crossed her arms. James just scoffed and turned the other direction. Way to go, Y/n.

"God dammit, enough walking away! Let me talk for a minute!" Y/n grumbled. James took a deep breath. He walked towards Y/n. "Fine. Talk, then." he demanded stubbornly. Y/n finally got a closer look at James's face. He had tear stains everywhere, his eyes were slightly light pink from crying, and his black hair was even messier than usual.

Y/n didn't decide to think of what she was about to say. This was just the only chance she had to apologize, so she didn't want to screw it up by taking too much time to think about it.

"I don't want to lose you again, James. I can't. Words can't describe how I'm feeling right now, but it's terrible. I can't forgive even myself, for making such a mistake, which is why I don't expect you to forgive me either. But just know that I'm sorry, and I understand completely if you don't want to accept the apology." Y/n muttered.

Before giving James a chance to reply, she walked away, returning to the castle. Y/n could still feel James staring at her, but she didn't turn back.

- j a m e s -

James felt angry, sad, shocked, and most importantly, he felt heartbroken. Y/n just made everything hard for him with that 'apology'. She was giving him a choice, though. James didn't know if he should forgive Y/n or not. He would, but he was just really stubborn. Deep down, though, James knew that he really did love Y/n. He knew that he couldn't last a day without her, and that's why he needed to play his part and accept Y/n's apology, he even needed to apologize to her.

James ran a hand through his hair, messing it up even more. He looked at Hogwarts, and began walking towards the huge majestic castle that he called home.

- y / n -

Y/n entered the castle, making her way towards the Gryffindor common room where she would find the Marauders. And as she expected, there they were, playing a game of wizard's chess.

"Hey, guys!" Y/n exclaimed, faking a smile.

Remus rolled his eyes. "Okay, Y/n. What happened?" he asked, leaning back in his bean bag chair.

"Uh, well, I sort apologized to James and then walked away and I have no idea where he is right now I mean it's not like I care it's just-" Y/n got cut off by Sirius. "Got it." he said, laughing at Y/n's constant rambling.

"S-so what are you going to do about it?" Peter asked quietly as he started to clear up the game of wizard's chess.

"Oh, well I was sort of expecting him to do something about i-" Y/n got cut off again, by the door of the common room opening.

And of course, it was James at the door.

"Y/n, I need to talk to you" he said.

-

cliffhangers, cliffhangers, cliffhangers : )
so guys, this fanfic is coming to an end pretty soon, how does a reddie fanfiction sound after this one? just a thought, please leave your opinion!

anyways, thank you guys so much for reading this story and voting on it!! love you all <3
also!! my birthday was like 2 days ago! i'm old now, y'all.
and i wasn't writing so much recently cause i went to orlando, but i'm bAck so expect some more updates!!
as always, all the characters/storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones that I made up.
see you in the next chapter!

still here?

cool. follow my twitter. @ reddiefeels